watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor smartphone signals at the Cottage

Started by copthornemike, December 11, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Is it just me or has anyone else found it difficult to get a decent (or any) internet connection via their mobile inside the ground (in particular the Hammy End)?
Some other grounds do have public WiFi access - but not us as far as I am aware (unless you are in the cafe or hospitality areas).

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Furby

Jack Fulham

I think its the sheer volume of smartphones trying to connect to 3g at the same time is why everyone has connection issues at the Cottage.

HillingdonFFC

Thought this for years, find it hard to get any kind of signal, struggle to make calls or go on internet. Three different networks over the years same problem

The Enclosurite

And the Johnny Haynes too.  I have to wait until I've made it through the park before my signal comes back.
¡COYW!

SKSW6

It's like that at virtually every ground I've been too, not just the cottage. Same as at festivals I've been to as well, so must be due to so many phones in one place.

MJG

I had a 3g phone last season and agree it was poor and from about 15 minutes before kick off it slowed down to a crawl.

This season I have a 4g and have no problems at all, so its all down to a few thousand people in a compact area using all the bandwidth at same time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

west kowloon white

Must be getting old,but one thing I couldn't give a s.... about is my signal strength at the Cottage-would rather watch the match or be having a beer.

Chesh

Perhaps it's just as well, otherwise TiFF and here would go into meltdown during the match and half time!

It must be the 3G thing because although I can never access it, there always seems others who are on it at half time and before the match.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Berserker

I can't get a signal at any stadiums, which means i can't moderate for at least 2 hours during a match!!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.