watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U18's 3-1 up on the Hahas at halftime

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 11, 2013, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Playing with real passion and pride. Some wonderful stuff. Even the QPR fans behind me are being very complimentary about us.

Standout players so far have been Burgess our CB and George Williams on the wing/ upfront
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

elgreenio

Bit stop-start at times. QPR are just long ball merchants on that first half showing
touch my camera through the fence

Chesh

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 11, 2013, 07:49:46 PM
Playing with real passion and pride. Some wonderful stuff. Even the QPR fans behind me are being very complimentary about us.

Standout players so far have been Burgess our CB and George Williams on the wing/ upfront

What's the crowd approx?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

MasterHaynes

Unexpectedly stuck at work, disappointed to miss the game, Is Mehki Mcleod in the squad? Is Hyndman playing?

Rhys Lightning 63

4-1 now.

Not sure on approximate attendance, but there's a good few here. Maybe 750

Rhys Lightning 63

No McLoed. Hynman started and scored a cracking free kick

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 11, 2013, 08:16:42 PM
No McLoed. Hynman started and scored a cracking free kick
Thanks,good to see Hyndman back, we're so much better when he plays. jelt for Mccleod after scoring his first goal then getting sent off, hope he gets another chance

K33NY

listening to this, Im considering moving to England, just to watch Fulham... Norway sucks :P

MasterHaynes

Quote from: K33NY on December 11, 2013, 08:23:41 PM
listening to this, Im considering moving to England, just to watch Fulham... Norway sucks :P
Watching the U18's is an absolute  delight, so sorry to have missed tonights game

K33NY

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 11, 2013, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: K33NY on December 11, 2013, 08:23:41 PM
Watching the U18's is an absolute  delight, so sorry to have missed tonights game

Yeah I bet, Norwegian footbal isnt by far as interesting as English footbal either, I call Tippeligaen the biggest yo-yo league there is. One year a team can play so well, be the top etc, and next season, hey were allmost relegated, then the year after again on top again, Look at Rosenborg, best in Norway for like 13 years in row, after theire manager resigned it went down, sure enough, but after that they can be nr 2 then low, same with ViF, one year champions couple of years later fighting relegation, next season top 3, season after down again, all clubs in norway are like that now.

English football is the best football in my mind, seasons are longer, general interest HUGE, and Premier League got the best team ofc! <3

I remember in the news couple of years ago they interviewed a norwegian who moved to england, because of hes club, not sure wich one, he got a interview at a buss company and said on the interview, I will NEVER take a sick day off unless you send me home and I will never take vacation except when you tell me to, if you only give me days off at the home matches my club plays. Then after 11 years they interviewd him telling this story, and guess where he worked, at the same buss company! And he never missed ONE match.

I would be willing to do the same for Fulham!!

Rhys Lightning 63

MOR :

Great result...Well done to all who went...

Tomo

You were spotted at the game!

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

MasterHaynes

Good result away under lights at our closest rivals home stadium, almost makes up for our 1st teams abject showing last year, well done the team. Is it another step towards the 'Double' this year?

Buffalo76

The future's bright. The future's Fulham 049:gif

Fernhurst

Well done the lads

The under 18's and 21's are a credit to the club .... We just need to solve the issue of transition to the 1st team

The problem is The Premier League. The money is SO important there is no time to "mature" in the first team unless you are spectacular gifted and strong ( i.e. Barkley). Les Barrett had loads of time to learn his trade a good few years ago when football was still considered a Sport. I would suggest this would not happen too often these days.

I believe all of the above, however, how old is our own Kaca I may have to suck back?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

alexbishop

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 11, 2013, 09:20:10 PM
Well done the lads

The under 18's and 21's are a credit to the club .... We just need to solve the issue of transition to the 1st team

The problem is The Premier League. The money is SO important there is no time to "mature" in the first team unless you are spectacular gifted and strong ( i.e. Barkley). Les Barrett had loads of time to learn his trade a good few years ago when football was still considered a Sport. I would suggest this would not happen too often these days.

I believe all of the above, however, how old is our own Kaca I may have to suck back?

Thing with Kaca is we didn't develop him through our youth system. We bought him off Liverpool and he went straight into the development squad I think the year after Roy left...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Fernhurst

Part of the Konch deal I believe.

My point was, if he is still a youngster and is being given time to to mature in the first team or is he post 21 vintage?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

cmg

Of its nature the u18 squad is prone to change. Many of last year's successful side have now moved on up and some of the current line up will be concentrating on the u21 squad after Christmas (presumably Roberts and Sambou who were excellent yesterday, and maybe Hyndman and a few others). It's good to see the others coming forward - Burgess, Donnelly and Williams (all highly rated by their National sides) have taken on leading roles and it is encouraging to see 'new' names making their mark. Smile, Adebayo, Edun, Baba, the absent (injured?) Redford, the suspended Leacock-MacLeod and Foday Nabay (who was in the England u16s beaten 5-1 by USA in Florida) all seem capable of continuing the reputation established over the past few years.

We should very soon be starting to see how far all this promise will be turned into reward.