watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hull

Started by Burt, December 11, 2013, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Just reading that the club formally applied to the FA today change their name to Hull Tigers from next season.

fp.gif

Fernhurst

Blooming heck ..... How embarrassing..

The owner has put 70 million into the club so......

A bit Michael Jackson syndrum
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

K33NY

Poor poor Hull fans, I feel sorry for them.... I would be outraged if someone tried to do something like that with our club (our maskot being a badger) I never understood the tradition of calling a sport club up like that.... Tigers, bengals, bulls, red skins, ducks,.... grow up and call it after you city name and that it!

Northern Cottager

I'd be well chuffed if we were renamed the Fulham Badgers or Hammersmith Arrows. I like those names.

I'll disclose, I'm kidding before those on Cottage Corner start a thread about me!

Artful Dodger

Think a chant of "Tigers Tigers Ra Ra Ra" should be started on the 28th! I'll get it started a few minutes before kick off!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Ichabod Magoo

It would be funny if the league turned him down.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

tonynorton

There owner is doing it to try and make thwm a bigger brand aceoss the world, being named just after where u r from isnt going to get hull very far! I dont agree with changing it now tho!!

Black, White and Fred

I kind of get it, though it does trample all over tradition marketing wise it makes sense. At least it is their nickname that they have had for donkeys and it isn't something as stupid as Donkeys. If it goes through could we end up being Fulham Jaguars??? Erggh
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

HatterDon

Their nickname has been the Tigers since I've been paying attention to them. When they were in the Prem last, they had that god awful tiger-striped kit that looked like a Cincinnati Bengals warm up track suit. Now if they lose CITY from their name, that's a different story. They NEED City to differentiate themselves from their rugby side.

Speaking of rugby and nicknames, it seems to me that most rugby league teams have nicknames as part of their name, as do speedway outfits, etc.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 11, 2013, 10:15:53 PM
I'd be well chuffed if we were renamed the Fulham Badgers or Hammersmith Arrows. I like those names.

I'll disclose, I'm kidding before those on Cottage Corner start a thread about me!

Imagine the match reports if we were renamed the Fulham Badgers. "Fulham Badgers culled by........in shock defeat ....."  064.gif

TonyGilroy

It's not the name change per se it's the fact that the owner is willfully alienating the club's core supporters.

No decent owner would want to do that.

WhiteJC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 12, 2013, 03:32:56 AM
Their nickname has been the Tigers since I've been paying attention to them. When they were in the Prem last, they had that god awful tiger-striped kit that looked like a Cincinnati Bengals warm up track suit. Now if they lose CITY from their name, that's a different story. They NEED City to differentiate themselves from their rugby side.

nose

this is dreadful news. the chairman wants shooting.
if we changed our name i would be incandescent.
Part of supporting a team is place, is name, is heritage... allow it to be changed by a johnny come lately, no matter how much he has, and you open the door to any number of unwanted things.

CorkedHat

Come to the A League Australia for some pretty exotic names. Melbourne Heart, Melbourne Victory, Newcastle Jets, Brisbane Roar, Perth Glory, Central Coast Mariners, are all fine examples of names that have nothing to do with the city in which they are base
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

alfie

I really don't see what the problem is, they have been knon as the Tigers for ages, nothing really is changing for them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Pluto

I think this is a disgrace, especially considering how vocal their fans have been in opposing this. I feel for them.

K33NY

Quote from: alfie on December 12, 2013, 11:59:02 AM
I really don't see what the problem is, they have been knon as the Tigers for ages, nothing really is changing for them.

maybe they have a tiger on the logo and theire mascot is a tiger, hence why they are called Tigers, BUT its the name of the club, an important integrity to the fans.

Would you like if Khan changed our name to Fulham Whites cus we are called the whites? or Fulham Badgers? cus Billy The Badger is our Mascot?

Thamesbank

Personally I'm totally against rebranding in football and have signed their petition, if anyone else would like to do so, it can be found here http://bit.ly/18F54Pw

The Equalizer

Quote from: K33NY on December 12, 2013, 12:58:33 PM

maybe they have a tiger on the logo and theire mascot is a tiger, hence why they are called Tigers, BUT its the name of the club, an important integrity to the fans.

Would you like if Khan changed our name to Fulham Whites cus we are called the whites? or Fulham Badgers? cus Billy The Badger is our Mascot?

We're the Great Whites.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

Quote from: K33NY on December 12, 2013, 12:58:33 PM

...I do take your point K33NY, but Hull City fans chant "Tigers" at away fans whilst making (truly embarrassing) roars and hand/paw gestures already!

To be honest clubs' fans of for example Cardiff City, on the whole, are happily watching the 'Bluebirds' play in red as their own sugar daddy has demanded - and received - acquiescence from the supporters, and this will I think happen with Hull City as they realise that what their owner says goes - or they do.

I don't agree with name changes like those that have changed rugby league (to suit sky trying to glamourise/make the sport sexy) and certainly the thought of becoming the "Craven Cottagers" or "The Fulham Cottagers" doesn't appeal to me one iota, but thankfully, I doubt our new chairman will tyranically impose any such epithet to our traditional and simple name... COYSW6'ers.. :008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC