watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Napoli Fans After Higuain Goal

Started by Sammyffc, December 12, 2013, 02:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

seen this and it literally gave me goosebumps , as a home player i bet the feeling was amazing , can't knock there fans after this , would be amazing if a prem team did this ! GONZALO .. HIGUAINNN

Napoli Fans 's Incredible Reaction After Higuain goal v Dortmund

K33NY

now THAT is a goosebumb factor! imagine Higuain's feeling!

jms

sounds like a load of fascists to me.......yawn. Give me 'A tidal wave on the thames' any day.

WhiteJC

epsomraver

can imagine a little bloke with a funny moustache at Nuremberg doing that, in fact he did

b+w geezer

As implied above, one man's goosebumps is another's shiver. One man's 2013 is another man's 1933. One man's football crowd is another's Mussolini rally.

The fashion for `Announcer:[player's first name], Crowd: [players' last name]' originates from Germany, where it's entirely innocent of course, but again has stylistic reverberations. Would an English crowd take to being egged on to bellow out a surname? Has it been tried? If so, it hasn't taken on. Not everything crosses borders. Thank heavens.

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

Julius Geezer

Can't knock the passion of Italian fans, even if their league is crap nowadays.

Bet Higuain wishes he chose the Arsenal now lol.

Nero

is that Pep tapping him up bit obvious how hes going about it

Sammyffc

Quote from: Nero on December 12, 2013, 05:53:05 PM
is that Pep tapping him up bit obvious how hes going about it

haha i thought it was him when i first watched it !

ScalleysDad

Quote from: b+w geezer on December 12, 2013, 04:04:45 PM
As implied above, one man's goosebumps is another's shiver. One man's 2013 is another man's 1933. One man's football crowd is another's Mussolini rally.

The fashion for `Announcer:[player's first name], Crowd: [players' last name]' originates from Germany, where it's entirely innocent of course, but again has stylistic reverberations. Would an English crowd take to being egged on to bellow out a surname? Has it been tried? If so, it hasn't taken on. Not everything crosses borders. Thank heavens.

That would be oozing comedic value though wouldn't it. David Hamilton "Alex!" Crowd "Kacathingywotsit him"
In parts of Cottage Corner that would be "Kacathingywotsit him" with an immediate echo of "Sidd down"
Just too messy to even think about.

General

Nothing has ever and will ever beat for me the feeling of soo many people (whether its singing a song together, marching together or chanting together) just in general coming together in such a powerfully connected and unified way.

It's the one thing that is for me so far, unbeatable.

I know every player says the premier leagues fans are soo passionate, but we really aren't. The fans of other leagues trump our enthusiasm with their fanaticism ten fold. Just imagine if we had huge crowds chanting like that in unison, waving a sea of flags, making loads of notice relentlessly. Yes me may be more studious of the game if that's what you want to hear, but there are so many examples of much more passionate fans out there, not only in Europe but around the world.

We're so detached from these things nowadays.

General

Good examples would be for Fulham fans who were there the game against hamburg in the semis when everyone spontaneously stood up and chanted stand up if you still believe and at the Europa league final itself.

We were either 1-0 down or back at 1-1 and 15 odd thousand Fulham fans sang a chant (I can't remember what it was) but it was the first time I can literally say I experienced what 'a wall of sound' was. It was an incredible experience on both counts.

b+w geezer

Quote from: General on December 12, 2013, 09:01:52 PM

Good examples would be for Fulham fans who were there the game against hamburg in the semis when everyone spontaneously stood up and chanted stand up if you still believe
Key word there is `spontaneously.'

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: The Enclosurite on December 12, 2013, 04:55:32 PM
It's all a bit Crystal Palace to me.

I actually quite like that system. Having heard it on The Football League Show last year and the first few MOTD's of this, when I went to Selhurst for the 4-1, part of me wanted them to score just once just so I could hear it live. It's wonderful
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense