watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head coach video

Started by bucksfulham, December 12, 2013, 05:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksfulham

The more I see of Rene, the more I like him. How refreshing to listen to him. You can see how he would motivate the squad.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/12/head-coach-video?

K33NY

great interview, looking at RM you see the confidence and the passion. You see he wants to do well and motivate the players and you clearly hear that he has worked under Fergie, by the comment where he says " I will allways, ALLWAYS prepare the team to win"! Thats excactly what Fergie said hes mentality was, and Ole Gunnar Solskjær as well, said about Ferguson, that he allways prepared us for one thing, and it was to win, he fed us with a winning mentality and a offensive mentality, believe in ourselves that we can beat anyone.

Listening to RM in this interview, and then thinking of the last 2 matches, I think thats what our lads believe as well now! I hope RM stays in Fulham, for a VERY long time cus I believe in him!

Northern Cottager

Completely different attitude. Refreshing to hear us going out to win and even better, no mention of missing Dembele or Dempsey.

bigalffc

Really good sound thoughts, and talking of bringing on youngsters. This man could be the answer. 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Jamie88

Love the way he comes across, hopefully he will motivate the squad further.

It makes you laugh the way Jol approached the same situation when after playing Man Utd, he quoted 'Well we weren't expecting to win'

YoungsBitter

Agree 100%, watching him explain his approach and motivations filled me with way more confidence than have had with Jol for over a year. I liked the focus on integrating youth in training, focus on winning, focus on the platform for that being not conceding goals, focus on building step by step. He is more likely to be able to keep that momentum going even if we end up losing at Everton if he can see and the players can see constant progress. I am actually quietly confident we might get a result at Goodison, tough game and hoping for confident 0-0 or 1-1 or even knick it, after all RM said it sometimes you go somewhere and pick up the win.
Quark, strangeness and charm

RaySmith

As he said, if you can keep a clean sheet then you will get at least a point, and we have seemed a lot sounder defensively under Rene.

He does seem to exude confidence and positivity, and actually says things that make sense, and aren't just  waffle - and this must be good in his relationship with the players.

PokerMatt

I didn't think I could be more impressed with him, but every time I watch a clip I am.

The winning mentality is brilliant to hear him speak about. I mean, look at the difference between Martinez and Moyes at Everton... and Ferguson and Moyes at United. RM seems very progressive like Martinez, so hopefully we can keep improving.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

farfouille

Looking at Rene now, I can't understand what I liked about Jol. This guy here clearly has man management skills, courage to change formations and to rest players like Kasami, ambition, philosophy that makes sense, et cetera, et cetera.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Cravenawin

Can't help but warm to him. Really talks sense unlike that useless last incumbent whose name I refuse to mention. Like the way he sets his team up to win every game and not hang on for a point. Everyone could handle losing as long as we've given it a good go and had attempts  on the opposition goal. A real breath of fresh air.

Bassey the warrior

Brilliant interview. Very reassuring.

gerrys

What a positive interview......and no mention of any excuses whatsoever............very impressed.

sunburywhite

In Rene we shall only say it once
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

RM is like a breath of fresh,two very good performances, we really couldn't have expected better.

However it is only two home games that we have seen from him, it is early days and we must not get carried away. It is unlikely that we will salvage anything from the next two games so he will be facing extreme pressure as we move into the Christmas programme. If in January we are out of the bottom three then we can start to sing his praises with more confidence.

Fulham1959

Can't help lovin' dat man !

Ichabod Magoo

What I like is how open and communicative he is.  No canned answers or comments.  Just thoughtful incisive responses.

However he seemed to be listing to the left and made me want to sit up straighter in my chair.  Other than that,  :54: to RM.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MayoDomo

"The longer it takes, the chance that we're gonna do well there is gonna be bigger."
Not quite how it works. =/// Nonetheless enjoyed the rest of the interview.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Shredhead

That video dispelled one of my concerns - that he might have unknown 'man-management' skills. If he keeps us up and we can keep him, we could be looking at a new golden age.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Ordar

He is fantastic. His coaching is obviously probably the best in the world, and with his personality, managing is obviously the next step, which he seems very ready for. He's very positive, which I like (he actually reminds me a little of the Jags head coach Gus Bradley, in that he's so likeable and positive). He said all the right things, and I can see us taking a point from Everton.

We were definitely more solid defensively and from set plays in the last 2 games, and didn't give up the standard 20+ shots. I hope Riise keeps his place. Will be interesting to see how he sets up against Everton. They actually play quite a lot like Villa, so that bodes well. If Senderos eliminates Lukaku like he did Benteke then they'll struggle
COYW

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Ordar on December 12, 2013, 11:34:13 PM
He is fantastic. His coaching is obviously probably the best in the world, and with his personality, managing is obviously the next step, which he seems very ready for. He's very positive, which I like (he actually reminds me a little of the Jags head coach Gus Bradley, in that he's so likeable and positive). He said all the right things, and I can see us taking a point from Everton.

We were definitely more solid defensively and from set plays in the last 2 games, and didn't give up the standard 20+ shots. I hope Riise keeps his place. Will be interesting to see how he sets up against Everton. They actually play quite a lot like Villa, so that bodes well. If Senderos eliminates Lukaku like he did Benteke then they'll struggle
COYW

They don't play anything like Villa.  Villa is counter attack, Everton are posession.  And Lukaku has more variety to his game and is playing much better than Benteke, although Benteke can explode at any time.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III