watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roberto Martinez

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 13, 2013, 10:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

Think we missed a trick here and should have gone all out for this guy when he left Wigan. Always had a feeling he'd do well at an Everton type club, although most people thought he failed at Wigan. In truth, rather than failing, I think he gave Wigan an extended 2 year stint in the Premiership. At Everton, he's manged to take that physical part that Moyes installed and added a bit of flare, finesse and they are playing some lovely stuff at the moment whilst being hard to beat.

By the way, we're in for a right royal thumping tomorrow which will bring some of those back down to earth 4-0  092.gif 

Burt

I am not expecting a win against Everton but I would like to think that the signs of progress we have seen over the course of the last two matches will still be evident i.e. a closely fought, competitive match, rather than us rolling over and dying.

COYW

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on December 13, 2013, 10:40:31 PM
I am not expecting a win against Everton but I would like to think that the signs of progress we have seen over the course of the last two matches will still be evident i.e. a closely fought, competitive match, rather than us rolling over and dying.

COYW

:plus one:

xma2
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Bassey the warrior

To be fair he wouldn't have come here.

K33NY

I have to say, Maybe he was a loss cus we didnt give him ago, but I think its nothing we should think about anymore, we need to give RM a shot now, stand behind him support him and see what he can do, so far HE looks good for US!

Chesh

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 13, 2013, 10:36:37 PM
Think we missed a trick here and should have gone all out for this guy when he left Wigan.

He didn't leave Wigan first, and then Everton thought 'we'll have him' - he specifically left Wigan FOR Everton, so we didn't miss a trick at all,as we were not on his radar.

Also seems a strange thing to say (along with the 4-0 prediction) when things are just starting to look upbeat under our bright new manager.

092.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

K33NY

Quote from: Chesh on December 14, 2013, 12:58:54 AM
Think we missed a trick here and should have gone all out for this guy when he left Wigan.

He didn't leave Wigan first, and then Everton thought 'we'll have him' - he specifically left Wigan FOR Everton, so we didn't miss a trick at all,as we were not on his radar.

Also seems a strange thing to say (along with the 4-0 prediction) when things are just starting to look upbeat under our bright new manager.

092.gif

:plus one:

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on December 13, 2013, 10:40:31 PM

COYW

Agree Burt - it wil be very disappointing, if we don't at least see a  battling, competent  performance, where we give them a game, and fight tooth and nail for a result.

premFlem

Think we missed a trick here and should have gone all out for this guy when he left Wigan. Always had a feeling he'd do well at an Everton type club, although most people thought he failed at Wigan. In truth, rather than failing, I think he gave Wigan an extended 2 year stint in the Premiership. At Everton, he's manged to take that physical part that Moyes installed and added a bit of flare, finesse and they are playing some lovely stuff at the moment whilst being hard to beat.

By the way, we're in for a right royal thumping tomorrow which will bring some of those back down to earth 4-0  092.gif 
The man who said villa would "Royally" beat us last week and qpr would "Royally" stick it up us by getting promoted, now reckons Everton will give us a "Royal" thumping. For this reason I think we could well get some points today.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Berserker

Everton are on excellant form this season, even better than last year. I still think we have more chance of getting a point this week away than next week at home
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southcoastffc

:plus one: :plus one:
Quote from: Chesh on December 14, 2013, 12:58:54 AM

092.gif
:plus one: :plus one: and whatever the result let's hope we become hard to beat again as in the Hodgson era.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Thanks for your support