News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With the rumours of a return for Dempsey, could he play a different role?

Started by FPT, December 13, 2013, 10:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I remember vividly, Chelsea away on Boxing Day, maybe 2011; Martin Jol played a similar system as the one that Rene Meulensteen has been deploying, a 4141, and I think the similarities could increase in Clint Dempsey, as rumoured here:  https://www.zapsportz.com/#/article/exclusive-clint-dempsey-snubs-hammers-to-rejoin-fulham-on-loan, should rejoin on loan.

Against Chelsea, we played a midfield of:

Murphy

Ruiz, Dembele, Dempsey, Frei

And currently we have been playing a midfield of:

Parker

Dejagah Karagounis Sidwell Kacaniklic

Instead of removing the width and direct running of Alex Kacaniklic, I was just wondering whether Clint Dempsey could be given the role as the break away central midfielder provided by Steve Sidwell. Obviously, this is just a theory, but with more rumours about a loan exit for Derek Boateng: http://www.modernghana.com/sports/508347/2/derek-boateng-wants-to-leave-fulham-to-make.html,  it just made me think, that this could be a possibility.

Though with also rumours of a Fulham move for Anderson, I could just be talking nonsense.

EJL

Why do you keep deleting your account?

On topic, it's an interesting thought, but I see no point in bringing in Dempsey if we aren't going to play him in his strongest position.

Burt

Welcome back Mr FPT...

And a belated many happy returns, as I do believe Diddy called out it was your birthday during half time against Villa?

I do agree with Mr EJL. Particularly when we need all the points we can get, we should be arranging the team to play to their strengths rather than playing people out of position.

fulhamben

if Dempsey did come back, I presume it would be for a very short loan, so I don't see the point of changing the team just to suit him for a couple of games.  more to the point we need good players for the run in notjust a month. would be a waste of resources in my eyes to loan him for a month
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: grandad on December 14, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
Anyone got any details how he has done in MLS this season ?

This season for him was definitely nothing to write home about. I believe, I've read and heard it, that this had more to do with team problems than Clint's form. Of course, a poor team doesn't do much to improve individual players' form either.

My .02
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 14, 2013, 02:31:23 PM
Quote from: grandad on December 14, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
Anyone got any details how he has done in MLS this season ?

This season for him was definitely nothing to write home about. I believe, I've read and heard it, that this had more to do with team problems than Clint's form. Of course, a poor team doesn't do much to improve individual players' form either.

My .02

He looked good in the playoffs, but struggled mightily in the regular season. There were some fitness issues
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel