WhiteJC

Fulham Jaguars? it could happen

LBNo11

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 12, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

...surely you mean the Fulham Jagwars.. :008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

We don't need a name change because A/ we are the only team in Fulham so we don't need city/united/wednesday etc. to differentiate and B/ the nickname Tigers has a connection to Hull. We have no connection to badgers, jaguars or any other animal. (Except, under Jol, donkeys).

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 12, 2013, 04:16:33 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on December 12, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

...surely you mean the Fulham Jagwars.. :008:

Or Jag-U-Ars.   :023:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

alfie

Fulham changed their name for some reason, were they not once called Fulham St Andrews, maybe we should start a petition to go back to the original name.

I guess if the name change is to market club to generate cash to keep the club going, in this day and age it is a necessity, the alternative may mean going out of business.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

Doesn't he own the club?  70 million should buy you some authority to do what you want within reason.  Can't say this name revision is that unreasonable.  Will it accomplish the positive difference in licensing revenue and sponsorships he claims?  No.  Just another rich but not very savvy owner in the mold of Cardiff and QPR.

HatterDon

I don't believe adding a nickname would add even one more supporter.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 13, 2013, 04:46:31 AM
I don't believe adding a nickname would add even one more supporter.

Maybe Sparky Anderson.   fp.gif
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

westcliff white

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 12, 2013, 01:58:30 PM
Quote from: K33NY on December 12, 2013, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 12, 2013, 11:59:02 AM
I really don't see what the problem is, they have been knon as the Tigers for ages, nothing really is changing for them.

maybe they have a tiger on the logo and theire mascot is a tiger, hence why they are called Tigers, BUT its the name of the club, an important integrity to the fans.

Would you like if Khan changed our name to Fulham Whites cus we are called the whites? or Fulham Badgers? cus Billy The Badger is our Mascot?

We're the Great Whites.

Could be worse The Fulham Cottagers has an awful ring about it
Every day is a Fulham day

Vinnieffc

If we're going for name changes, 'CHELSEA NIL' gets my vote  :005:

RaySmith

The Craven Cottage Badgers has a ring to it.

It might attract the tourists - it's a bit Olde English/Beatrix Potter type of thing.

Our new club badge could be a of a cute badger emerging from the Cottage, superimposed on the River Thames.

HatterDon

Quote from: Vinnieffc on December 13, 2013, 02:29:30 PM
If we're going for name changes, 'CHELSEA NIL' gets my vote  :005:

My name is HatterDon, and I approve this statement.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

e4b

Dont care as long as its not Park Rangers

Forever Fulham

An owner loudly claiming he has the right and power to do what he wants with a club.
Supporters claiming sacrilege.
Owner says to supporters, 'you can die for all I care.'  Or words to that effect. 'I'm doing what I think is best for the club.'  Fans are aghast.  How dare you wield the power of ownership!  Didn't you get the memo about how ownership of a sports team requires endless deference to tradition.  We are the shadow owners!
Owner has all the power absent atypically unified mass protests and sit-outs by fans.  Has all the makings of a power showdown that unfortunately will never happen.  Owner wins.  Yawn. 

Artful Dodger

I'm in the traditionalist camp so disagree with the change but in defence of the owner, he has been in Hull for at least 30 years and his businesses only buy British, so their entire supply chain is British. Still, he doesnt seem to get football tradition!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae