watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is up with this board!!!!!!!!

Started by Tooting legend, December 14, 2013, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Todays result did not warrant the 4-1 score line we outplayed them in the 2nd half, we hit the bar, Howard had to save a few shots, we should have scored from 6 yards out and had 15 shots on goal when was the last we did that away from home?. Yes we have City next week at the cottage where on current form we can beat anyone, then look at the next 2 games after that Norwich and Hull away 6 points there to get us out of trouble before the turn of the year and with Rene wanting Defo, Dempsey and Anderson in January there's only positives.

K33NY

mungos beans

Anderson one of the most overrated players in the prem,

Victor Meldrew

You can hit the bar 100 times in one game, miss from 5 yards out as much as you like, but be sloppy in defence and fail to put the ball in the net means ZERO points, regardless of how well you played. Let's recap on things again, we got stuffed 4-1 whilst our relegation rivals Crystal Palace went to the bridge and made a real go of things.

Burt

The encouraging thing for me is that we made a real go of it and lost, rather than rolled over and lost without a fight.

There is no comparison between what happened this afternoon, and what happened at Anfield a few weeks ago, when we also lost heavily.

Chesh

Quote from: Burt on December 14, 2013, 11:02:48 PM
The encouraging thing for me is that we made a real go of it and lost, rather than rolled over and lost without a fight.

There is no comparison between what happened this afternoon, and what happened at Anfield a few weeks ago, when we also lost heavily.

No longer going to encourage VM by replying to his wind ups, would rather respond to sensible analysis like this - exactly this Burt
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

nose

we did well, everton are a good team and we matched them, we need one or two new players but I am optimistic

The Rock

It was 1-1 on almost 80 mins. I thought we looked good. Why anyone would have thought we'd get anything from this game bewilders me. Everton are much better. I think Rene has us playing pretty well, given our average age is 43.

Fulham_Surrey

I tell you what worries me.  Sunderland starting to play well.  Even they got more quality, particular on defense than us.   We got the worst defense in the league as evidenced by Everton's 2nd and 3rd goal.  I love the dedication of Aaron Hughes and Philip Senderos but they are not PL defenders.

Lighthouse

Nobody argues that we are a good team. Yes we will make mistakes and get hammered sometimes. But for goodness sake, four games ago we would have gone to Everton, not shot at goal, not ventured into their half and Jol would talk rubbish after the game about how good Berbatov was.

Blimey compared to life under Jol this is at least team who wants to win even if they are not always up to it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 14, 2013, 11:45:56 PM
I tell you what worries me.  Sunderland starting to play well.  Even they got more quality, particular on defense than us.   We got the worst defense in the league as evidenced by Everton's 2nd and 3rd goal.  I love the dedication of Aaron Hughes and Philip Senderos but they are not PL defenders.

Yes,  The Black Cats have improved. So too  have the Eagles  but  neither have improved as much as we have.
...........................and we don't have Jol  :yay:

Herbie

Quote from: Burt on December 14, 2013, 11:02:48 PM

Well said, Burt.  We have turned the corner and are starting to look much more cohesive as a team.

Bryanthebroom

Don't think Anderson is overrated at all. His career hasn't really taken off at United but he's got everything to his game and just needs to be playing every week.

Rene obviously knows him as a player and has identified him as the guy he wants to play in Kara's position - the furthest forward of a midfield three. He can pass, tackle and has plenty of skill to boot. Still just 25 too.

Anderson - Underrated - Manchester United Highlights || 720p HD ||