watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

hughes

Started by nose, December 14, 2013, 08:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

once again put in an outstanding performance, he is truely playing like a giant at the moment. he desrves far more praise.

Jamie88

Agree he was very good today, hardly put a foot wrong, and whats more, is he had the beast that is Lukaku to keep at bay

HatterDon

I think he partners well with Senderos also.

We had a well-respected gent on here named Cork City who used to tell us all that it was Hughes that made Hangeland look good. I think he's doing the same with our Philippe.

If you're reading this, Cork City, please come back.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on December 15, 2013, 04:29:13 AM

We had a well-respected gent on here named Cork City who used to tell us all that it was Hughes that made Hangeland look good. I think he's doing the same with our Philippe.

One of Hughes' strengths is that he has always tended to give confidence to his partner and therefore make them look good (which, to my mind, is a great asset).

Fulham1959

Not only does he deserve far more praise.  He deserves to have his name (hardly an uncommon one) spelled correctly, especially in a heading.

nose

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 15, 2013, 09:50:01 AM
Not only does he deserve far more praise.  He deserves to have his name (hardly an uncommon one) spelled correctly, especially in a heading.

You are so right and my appologies.
But I have pointed out before I am a bit dyslexic and actually usually cannot see the errors until they are pointed out.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hughes was always the anchor man,  people do not like looking in the deep, so they never saw it.

last two post  here reminds me of this excellent thread from some time ago   064.gif

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=34737.msg463513#msg463513

Fulham1959

Quote from: nose on December 15, 2013, 10:22:46 AM

But I have pointed out before I am a bit dyslexic and actually usually cannot see the errors until they are pointed out.

My apologies in return . . . and no offence meant.

callumc513

He absolutely made Hangeland look better than he was by covering for all his mistakes.

alfie

Funny how we supporters see things in a different light, someone in an earlier post said that Senderos was terrible yesterday, and yet someone else said both Hughes and Senderos played well.

The dilemma of who do we believe.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

theotherdembele

Hughes was excellent yesterday and kept lukaku from having a single real chance, Senderos played well but he had a few nervy moments with his touch but used his strength well against lukaku.

nose

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 15, 2013, 11:02:49 AM
Quote from: nose on December 15, 2013, 10:22:46 AM

My apologies in return . . . and no offence meant.

i know that.
no offence taken, especially as long as he continue playing well I will remain happy

nose

Quote from: alfie on December 15, 2013, 02:15:46 PM

Funny how we supporters see things in a different light, someone in an earlier post said that Senderos was terrible yesterday, and yet someone else said both Hughes and Senderos played well.

sendeross generally played really well but had two or three sendeross moments that in the end didn't hurt us but on another day might of, i have no complaints.

Victor Meldrew

Aaron Hughes turned 34 in November and he, along with many other of the Old Dad's Army should have been replaced way back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a direct pop at Hughes here, or any of his valiant performances in a white shirt, but he is well past his sell by date now and far to slow for the Premiership. If someone told you that Hughes and Senderos were to be our preferred partnership at the beginning of the season, you'd cringe. Unfortunately for us, we don't have any other options, but we can blame the club for not investing and replacing these type of players. The Hangeland and Hughes of 2010' where never going to be around for ever.   

epsomraver

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 15, 2013, 04:48:59 PM
Aaron Hughes turned 34 in November and he, along with many other of the Old Dad's Army should have been replaced way back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a direct pop at Hughes here, or any of his valiant performances in a white shirt, but he is well past his sell by date now and far to slow for the Premiership. If someone told you that Hughes and Senderos were to be our preferred partnership at the beginning of the season, you'd cringe. Unfortunately for us, we don't have any other options, but we can blame the club for not investing and replacing these type of players. The Hangeland and Hughes of 2010' where never going to be around for ever.   

Should you not be cleaning one of your 4 toilets?

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: epsomraver on December 15, 2013, 05:01:18 PM

Should you not be cleaning one of your 4 toilets?

I'll always remember him as Aaron Shoes

filham

If only Hangeland was fit and we could sign a quality left back then our defenc may stop leaking goals.

YankeeJim

Really man, isn't there something positive you can say. Your not a glass half empty kind of guy, your sure its completely empty.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

On, I was quite enjoying this thread.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: nose on December 15, 2013, 03:21:40 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 15, 2013, 02:15:46 PM

sendeross generally played really well but had two or three sendeross moments that in the end didn't hurt us but on another day might of, i have no complaints.

Senderos was not bad at all yesterday.  Hughes was good and deserves credit!