watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big changes In January

Started by JackyFulham90, December 15, 2013, 03:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Will be an interesting month for sure I think we will see quite a few departures

Riise
Boateng
Ruiz
Taarabt
Berbatov

I'm sure Rene will not want to lose them but I think all of them will move on in January, let's hope Khan gives Rene the funds to make this squad his own

TonyGilroy

Why would Muelensteen lose anyone he doesn't want to?

Snibbo

Don't understand Boateng. I think he's usually looked ok when he's been on the pitch. Seems like exactly the type of player we need protecting the back 4. He also seems to have a bit of passion about him. But clearly neither Jol nor Meulensteen rate him very highly.

MikeW

Agree Snibbo.  Think he's a better shout than Sidwell but as you say - seemingly not popular.  If he goes in Jan I hope Richardson and Senderos join him to free up some dosh on the wage bill.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MayoDomo

Boateng has hardly had a chance to prove himself!  I have a hunch Riise actually wants to stay now that Jol is gone.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Max Headroom

Of the team we played yesterday, I am still disappointed with kaca and Riise.

Kaca wins dodgy penalties but apart from that the final ball just isn't there at the moment.

Riise doesn't offer anything much going forward and isn't great defensively.

Taraabt should go. Expensive and not playing!

Ruiz also I'm afraid. I really want the guy to be the good player he undoubtedly is. But it isn't happening. Sending him on loan then selling him after the World Cup makes a lot of sense.

I don't get Boateng... Why did we chase for so long and then not use him.

I'd also like an upgrade on Sidwell (I think he has done as good a job as he can)

Sorry if a negative post. I remain a concerned but very hopeful fan as I think the corner has been turned, but we do need some youth in the team too! Too many last ten minute goals tell the story!

nose

I am frankly amazed again. JAR is a revelation at left back. He defends extremely well, his covering, closing and attention are all first class. going forward he is pretty good but needs the winger to support him and create space. He is the best we have by about 100 miles. i would prefer somebody a bit younger but he is certainly not top of the priority list.

berba will either go or stay, who knows. my instinct is if we can get a good quality striker(s) with pace we should let him go but i will be sorry.

boeteng, has been badly treated in that he hasn't yet really had his chance but when i have seen him he looks good to me.

i would sling richardson out for sure, he is genuinely a poor player, liverpool targeted him and it was obvious why.

ross_bamping

Duff is nothing. Offers nothing when he comes on, he is just wages, not a good footballer. Ruiz needs to be loaned out, for his sake. The fat pair of Bent and Taarabt can leave. Berba will probably go. Bring in a few good players in needed positions, otherwise, we will be in big trouble come May.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Jamie88

I believe letting Riise go would be a mistake, UNLESS we have a better left back lined up. His performances under Rene have been so so much better than previously, albeit a tad average yesterday.

If it were me, Taarabt and Bent would be off. They offer nothing in terms of a releagation battle - Bent is relatively static and his one main selling attribute which is his finishing appears to have gone out the window a little bit, and Adel shows a glimpse of something good before running straight into a defender. Also, their attitudes seem a bit dodgy to me.

Agree with Duff going, although with his contract up at the end of the season it would do no harm letting him stay as a backup, but we really do need at least one pacey winger I feel.

Would be happy for us to hopefully sell Ruiz after the World Cup as I think we would stand a tad more of a chance to recoup what we got for him - I dont think we'd get too near 10m but hopefully 7m as many other pundits/managers seem to rate him for some bizarre reason.

Boateng I'd like to stay, he's impressed me with his desire and strength when playing and usually looks fairly composed. Berba I can't really make my mind up on!

Fulham_Surrey

i think Berba stays, as others will not take the risk of buying him. but if he doesnt stay, i want to see Kasami at CF.  he is mobile, passes well, and a good finisher.

grandad

We need every player with both feet plus more defensive & forward options. I would not get rid of anyone in January.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

The transfer window is a terrible disruption in the middle of the season, I imagine we will again be waiting until the end of the window to see what bargains are left for us to pick up. By the time any new players have settled in we may well be adrift at the bottom of the table. As always our priority should be to ensure that we hang onto our best players, We don't want anyone taking Parker, Hangeland, Reither or Dejegah in particular.

MJG

We need a CB, no messing around we need to get out there in the first week and pay whats required.

ffc73

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 15, 2013, 03:36:06 AM
Will be an interesting month for sure I think we will see quite a few departures

Riise
Boateng
Ruiz
Taarabt
Berbatov

I'm sure Rene will not want to lose them but I think all of them will move on in January, let's hope Khan gives Rene the funds to make this squad his own

Someone has to want to take these, and/or others, from us.  These guys are under contract with us and I cannot see a huge demand for them and therefore it is more likely Khan will have to pay for additions without recouping anything from the ones we will still have at Motspur Park.  I think it more likely that there will only be a few additions in January and Rene will have to get all he can from what he has

ToodlesMcToot

How many roster spots do we actually have open for senior players? I know there is the one that has been reserved for Diarra. Is that it?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 15, 2013, 02:46:10 PM
How many roster spots do we actually have open for senior players? I know there is the one that has been reserved for Diarra. Is that it?
You can drop player from it even if they do not leave the club.

Craven Mad

My main concern is that: a) BUYING - big name/good players won't be keen to join a relegation scrap (without big payout/relegation clauses) and b) SELLING - our players value will be at rock-bottom, so we are likely to make a pittance on each one..

These points aren't particularly insightful, but it's likely to make Jan shopping even harder than usual.. I hope Kahn has a couple of blank-cheques for us..