watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it just me?..

Started by Jamie88, December 15, 2013, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

..and I think it probably is, but here goes.

I'm going out on a limb here, and say that the scoreline was a fair reflection.  :023:

First of all however, I believe we fought well and our second half performance WAS drastically improved from the first half, and I am not making this post to say nothings changed under Rene, ect ect. because I am right behind him and the team. I think it was just simply that Everton are a much much better side than us, they dont really have a weak link.

I thought given how much possession and chances they had in the first half, that we were very fortunate to come in at only 0-1. We should have been 2 or 3 down. We came out afterwards and pushed them hard for a good 20 minutes, thought we did very very little to bother Howard. The penalty was obviously not a penalty as Kaca did his now trademark jumping in front of defender trick ( :54:), and Everton had more clear chances in the latter end of the second half and finished them.

I don't feel hard done by and I also don't think the result flattered them. I just think we were beaten by a much better team away from home and couldnt have done too much about it with the squad we have.

Barrie

A very sensible post, I totally agree.  Maybe 3-1 might have been a slightly fairer reflection, but I'm not going to argue.