watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ashley Young

Started by spikey norman, December 15, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Sky bet have us as 8-1 favourites to sign Ashley Young during the Jan transfer window.
I wonder how the bookies have come up with this one?

YankeeJim

They know we need a diving mate for the Ancient One.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Well Rene would know him well but the rumors, at least on this site, is that he may not be the TYPE of player we would want in terms of his behavior on the pitch. Honestly I have not watched him much since his Villa days. I really liked him there but couldn't say I saw him demonstrating poor antics (cheating) in his playing style.

spikey norman

We will probably be linked with a few of the Man U bench warmer's because of Rene.
Apart from Anderson and Zaha we are also 16/1 second favourites to sign Tom Cleverley

grandad

We have a couple of divas we dont want a diver as well.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

As long as it is not a deal to take Dembele and P Roberts to ManU !

grandad

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 15, 2013, 06:20:46 PM

As future prospects these two are worth £100 mil. Young not worth a toss.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: grandad on December 15, 2013, 06:29:58 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 15, 2013, 06:20:46 PM

As future prospects these two are worth £100 mil. Young not worth a toss.

Exactly !

Bassey the warrior

Good player for sure, but I can't stand him.

HatterDon

We had 5 transfer periods being linked with anyone who was ever associated with a club that Jol managed. Now that we have Rene, it'll be the same with Man U.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

No thanks. I wouldn't want him in a Fulham shirt.

Although his son plays for the U8's at the club I coach at. It might have it's benefits  :54:

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on December 16, 2013, 05:37:34 AM

Although his son plays for the U8's at the club I coach at. It might have it's benefits  :54:
are you local then? does Ashley live down south
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on December 16, 2013, 06:00:21 AM
Quote from: leonffc on December 16, 2013, 05:37:34 AM

are you local then? does Ashley live down south

He's from Stevenage origionally. His ex Mrs is still in the area and he comes to watch when he can. The team that the lad plays for are a cracking team and Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal scouts are all over them so I cant see them being around next season

JBH

No thanks and anyay we wouldn't pay his over inflated wage demands

fulhamben

cant believe no one wants him. he is 10x the player taarabt is and can actually do something with the ball in the final third. him down the left and ashkan right would be awesome to watch. how many on here would say no to the diving Ronaldo if khan decided to buy him?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Enclosurite

At 8/1 I'd say that's far from nailed on and more of a speculative guess.
¡COYW!

westcliff white

He would be a good signing IMO, take the diving out of it and look at his play. At a smaller club Watford and Villa he was excellent, going to Man U is hard for a lot of players and he hasn't adjusted, coming to us could be a blessing for both parties.

I will say right now though I do not see it happening. We will be linked with a lot of Man U players due to Rene's former links there
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

I look at our present squad and when we are linked to players like Young I have to giggle. I know many don't like him but he is a good player. However as we have seen before. If Fulham decide now to spend on wages or fees for these types of player. I would just feel it is all too late. A year ago was the time to rid ourselves of Jol and strengthen the squad. So I doubt Fulham will bother now. Look for a 52 year old Mongolian to come in as reserve Keeper. That will be our transfer policy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Not sure why he would come here when there would be more attractive suitors available... Unless the only reason is Rene.

It's not even January yet but the silly season has clearly started!

Northern Cottager

A the beginning of the season I didn't want Khan to come in and fill our squad with massive players because I wanted to keep the club well run etc but I'd kill to have a season without worrying about relegation and maybe, for once, kicking on and making progress.