Main Menu

Zola resigns from Watford

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 16, 2013, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?! Football has OFFICIALLY gone mad
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

west kowloon white

WBA (or one of the other vacancies)bound,perhaps not mad?

Burt

Resigned rather than fired...

And they have been on a very poor run of form. Were it not for the storming start they had, they would be bottom 3.

cusackdribble

Good to see someone with a bit of integrity - resigning rather than waiting to be fired and then taking the inevitable pay-off that goes with it. Unless, of course, they have paid him off and just orchestrated the whole thing to make him look like a man of integrity.

Lighthouse

If only we had waited longer to sack Jol.

Yes I am kidding.

Although I do think Zola is an exciting manager and has his teams plying attacking football.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cusackdribble on December 16, 2013, 05:50:15 PM
Good to see someone with a bit of integrity - resigning rather than waiting to be fired and then taking the inevitable pay-off that goes with it. Unless, of course, they have paid him off and just orchestrated the whole thing to make him look like a man of integrity.

You're assuming, of course, that he resigned because of his record with Watford and not because there are now two open positions in the PL.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Yes, football has gone mad, it is all about the money!!!!! It will only get worse as far as I can see.

cusackdribble

As yes, hadn't thought of that Toodles!

twang

They have won one in eleven (lost 6 and drawn 4) and are supposed to fight for promotion. I doubt many at Watford are happy with that return so I don't really see how this is the proof of football's madness...

Two Ton Ted

I repeatedly hear what a superb manager Zola is but at West Ham and Watford he's hardly pulled up trees.

A great player doth not always maketh a great manager.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

gezkc

Much of Watford's success last season was down to being able to field half the Udinese squad on loan.

I could be wrong, but I think the loan rules were tightened up for this season. If that's the case, it would certainly have played a part in their disappointing/more realistic results this season.

Harold Shand

valdeingruo

Quote from: gezkc on December 19, 2013, 12:22:51 PM
Much of Watford's success last season was down to being able to field half the Udinese squad on loan.

I could be wrong, but I think the loan rules were tightened up for this season. If that's the case, it would certainly have played a part in their disappointing/more realistic results this season.

You are correct, it looked like there was overwhelming support from the league to close that particular loophole in the transfer system.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Julius Geezer

They missed Vydra's goals and Deeney has been out of form.

For some reason (probably issues behind the scenes) they have played like a different team this year.

3 straight home defeats without a goal is always going to set alarm bells ringing.

Especially a side with promotion credentials.