watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

when is the best time to leave.

Started by Andy S, December 17, 2013, 10:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

If you are a manager when is the best time to leave. Take Roy Hodgson. He left Fulham for a bigger club and is still held in high status here. Yet sacked at Liverpool and regarded as a waste of time.
Then we have Gianfranco Zola at Watford Walked before he was sacked, Again everything done amicably.
Jol at Fulham who should have gone weeks before he did would not be welcome back after being sacked.
Hughes left Fulham and cited lack of ambition as the reason. He is now hated but was he right?
Keen at Blackburn stayed much too long and is hated
Is it better to walk or be pushed.

chiefo

Sir Woy went when he did at that best time IMHO, could never blame for that. Although he may wish he never did.? But now he has the ultimate job. So far so good!

The Rock

I think every situation is different, but fans are harsh and I'd think most managers depart at least 75% of the time on not the greatest terms and in almost all those cases everyone sees the writing on the wall. It's just a matter of degree of how bad things are in any given situation.

But it is always nice to see situations like Roy, Roberto Martinez when he left Wigan, Brendan Rogers when he left Swansea etc where they leave on good terms etc

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Ian Holloway did the right thing. A fantastic character with principles.
Has Zola lined up the West Brom job ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

TonyGilroy

A few managers take better opportunities if they are offered them.

Most stay until they get sacked and usually have two or three more goes before the offers dry up.

Those who genuinely resign are usually, in effect, admitting that they they can no longer stand the stress of the job and are not likely to be offered another chance.

JBH

I normally stay until the final whistle  :Get Coat gif: xma1