watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich 3rd rd cup

Started by chiefo, December 18, 2013, 01:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefo

On the inde we've sold 1 block already. Non surprising as £16 ret on train from Liverpool St and £15 for match ticket, so who on  here going up for that? Me, I got my train, but waiting on season holder to get my match one.

chiefo

edit, be first. Couldn't get to boxing day either.

tonywildman

Hi I am going, where did you see the price of train tickets? I've got to travel from St. Albans. Who is up for a pub meet

chiefo

leonffc

Quote from: tonywildman on December 18, 2013, 07:24:03 AM
Hi I am going, where did you see the price of train tickets? I've got to travel from St. Albans. Who is up for a pub meet

Tony, I was on the train with a Norwich ST holder last year and he was from St Albans I seem to remember. He had to get a bus to Hatfield and got the train to Nowrich (via Cambridge, Peterboro or Ely).
I'll either jump on that train at Hitchin or drive up, possibly on the Friday.

And as I put on the other thread, most people will gather in the Complete (may be spelled compleat for some reason) Angler.

SP

Looking forward to it as I only do the occasional away match these days.  Thinking of driving on to Great Yarmouth after for fish & chips on the beach but I'm not sure January is the best time to visit.  :005:

I'm assuming both teams will field weakened sides so it should be a chance to see some of the fringe players.

tonywildman

Can't go up on Friday to work, will check train times and prices, cheers all

SuffolkWhite

Living in Ipswich now, I just hope there are tickets left for us Members to go  xma2
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

leonffc

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 18, 2013, 08:25:10 PM
Living in Ipswich now, I just hope there are tickets left for us Members to go  xma2

Good luck mate. It would break tradition for us not to have our annual meet!
I got lucky, someone has got mine for me (I hope). We are entilted to a good percentage and I would think the club are aware of the boxing day balls up by now so you should be OK.

SuffolkWhite

Lets hope so Leon, be good to share a pint and see a Fulham result. Cheers
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ltd-ffc

Im going moved only 30 minutes or so away from the stadium so its nice and cheap for me.
get yourself to the weatherspoons on riverside for a nice prematch buzz and not too far to walk.
norwich fans are reasonably friendly you get the occasional gobby one but there accents are so inbred its too hard to understand so you can just smile and walk off knowing you can speak the queens english and they struggle. COYW!!!
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

res

Last 2 Norwich games that I've been to has resulted in a Norwich 13-1 aggregate defeat. Their 6-0 loss to us at Craven Cottage in the last game of the season a few years back, and a 7-1 Carrow Road home defeat to Colchester (where I now live) in the first game of the season in Division 1 a couple of seasons later. Hoping to make the Cup game (easy for me from Colchester) and keep that run going.

The Norwich fans are good and friendly. In both of these games they stayed until the end, despite the scores, and were happy to talk about their despair after the game without any threat of damage to my face or other parts of my body!

SuffolkWhite

F.A Cup tickets in the bag  :wine:

COYW  xmascheer1

"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

chiefo

Not many left now, I hope all who wanted have got them, and hopefully our allocation will be increased. £5 each way on train steal of the century. Shame I paid for mine 2 days before announcement of the fiver. But even £16 return I thought was damn good value.

Imagine if train companies and clubs could put deals like this on more often. Football for the people. 092.gif :beer: