watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The club have ballsed up and it's left me in a dilemma

Started by ash, December 19, 2013, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ash

Anyone got 2 Norwich tickets for boxing day floating around? Situation is a joke if you ask me.

ash

Any help will be much appreciated, might have to end up going in the Norwich end if all else fails but that is literally the last option. The club sent back the majority of our tickets way too quickly in my opinion. Poor poor decision.

alfie

Quote from: ash on December 19, 2013, 12:34:56 PM
Any help will be much appreciated, might have to end up going in the Norwich end if all else fails but that is literally the last option. The club sent back the majority of our tickets way too quickly in my opinion. Poor poor decision.

It may well be that Norwich stipulated a date that they needed to be returned by.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Roberty

As I understand it they either had to pay £32k or send them back so Norwich could sell them to the locals.

So for the FA Cup - buy your ticket NOW
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ash

Roberty

Quote from: ash on December 19, 2013, 06:38:09 PM
Money before fans unfortunately.

Not at all - there are lots of Norwich fans who would not have a ticket otherwise.

How long did you thing we should have hung on to them and if they had coughed up the £32k, what did you have in mind for the other £31,968 worth of tickets?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ash

I know quite a few people who wanted to go, the club were wrong in giving them back too quickly. Even if we had a few empty seats it shouldn't have mattered, at least we would have had more fans going. We always average decently high numbers on boxing day! I have now bought tickets in the Norwich end. Pissed off is an understatement! :dead horse:

ash

If anyone has two spare away tickets then I will happily take them instead! It's not the same when you can't chant for 90 minutes! Hopefully I will find a way to sell my home end tickets.

alfie

Quote from: ash on December 20, 2013, 02:36:40 AM
I know quite a few people who wanted to go, the club were wrong in giving them back too quickly. Even if we had a few empty seats it shouldn't have mattered, at least we would have had more fans going. We always average decently high numbers on boxing day! I have now bought tickets in the Norwich end. Pissed off is an understatement! :dead horse:
I fail to see why you are annoyed with Fulham, it is the home team that sets the return date for unsold tickets, as i understand it the visiting team have a period of time in which to sell their allocation, if they have not done so by the stipulated date they have to return them or pay for them in full, they cannot keep hold of them on the off chance that someone may want one.

silly to say money before fans, unfortunately it is money that keeps the clubs going.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Joe McDonald

Quote from: alfie on December 20, 2013, 08:14:02 AM
I fail to see why you are annoyed with Fulham, it is the home team that sets the return date for unsold tickets, as i understand it the visiting team have a period of time in which to sell their allocation, if they have not done so by the stipulated date they have to return them or pay for them in full, they cannot keep hold of them on the off chance that someone may want one.

silly to say money before fans, unfortunately it is money that keeps the clubs going.

could suggest getting organised earlier so that you're in a position to but the tickets when they're released... or just blame the club.  either/or.

SKSW6

The part which used to say "sold out" next to the match now says to call the ticket office on 08432081234. May just be that they'll give you an explanation of what's happened, but may be worth a try. Watch out when ringing them though as I got a £10 bill trying to chase down why my Saints away ticket hadn't arrived.

ash

Called them up yesterday, said they sold 500 and gave the rest back! Nothing they could do to salvage the situation. Oh well, I've bought tickets right next to our end, just have to remain tight lipped!

ash

Quote from: Joe McDonald on December 20, 2013, 09:50:28 AM
Quote from: alfie on December 20, 2013, 08:14:02 AM

could suggest getting organised earlier so that you're in a position to but the tickets when they're released... or just blame the club.  either/or.

Defo more than one person but hey ho! Decision was a bit rash in my opinion but I guess we can agree to disagree.