watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mackay told to jump or be pushed

Started by Bassey the warrior, December 19, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Shambolic scenes at Cardiff. What horrendous treatment. With any luck this could save our season.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25457024

Big Martin Jol

You have to feel for both the manager (who had them promoted at a canter) and the supporters at Cardiff. Brendan Rodgers summed it up pretty well the other day, they've got themselves into an extraordinary situation with Tan.

Makes you realise we struck the jackpot with Khan.

If he gets out quickly then Mackay might well find himself at West Brom, he's an excellent manager.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

chiefo

This chairman is nothing but a dictator. Premiership football or not their fans should have made a stand when he changed colour of home shirt. The beginning of the end started right there. Mackay wins either way here. If thats not constructive dismissal I don't know what is.

Ichabod Magoo

Mackay has a contract until the end of the season.  I assume if he resigns, he forfeits the rest of his money due.  If he's fired, he gets the money, so why quit.  I'd make the owner look like the buffoon he is and wait to get sacked.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Whiteroom

Quote from: chiefo on December 19, 2013, 09:20:07 PM
This chairman is nothing but a dictator. Premiership football or not their fans should have made a stand when he changed colour of home shirt. The beginning of the end started right there. Mackay wins either way here. If thats not constructive dismissal I don't know what is.
This is a tragic step along a path that started a long time ago.

The Bronsons

Agreed, Ichabod. Unlike our ex-manager, who should have walked a month before he was pushed, Mackay is right to stay on and force Tan to demonstrate how petty he really is.

Cardiff could go down now. Who's going to come in and work for Tan? Ian Dowie? Tan's son's mate? Bye bye Bluebirds.  

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 19, 2013, 11:48:30 PM
Mackay has a contract until the end of the season.  I assume if he resigns, he forfeits the rest of his money due.  If he's fired, he gets the money, so why quit.  I'd make the owner look like the buffoon he is and wait to get sacked.

Yeah, Tan made him an amazing offer.  Resign and forfeit any money owed, or we'll fire you and have to compensate.  If you do the first it'll look like we mistreated you, if you do the latter it'll look like... we mistreated you.

MiltonBurrows

I don't like to say this, but this news coming out of Cardiff is music to my ears.

Mackay has done an incredible job at Cardiff and done what no one else could do, get them to the top flight. And to see their chairman balls it up like he is doing can only give us hope that theres one more club thats going to be worse off than us.

You really do have to wonder if Tan knows anything about football. Like 'The Moose' said earlier, shambolic scenes for a premiership club.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Deanothefulhamfan

This can only be good for Fulham, but I feel so sorry for mackay.... He is one of the top 3 managers this season for their respective clubs. Awful treatment, if he goes WBA will snap him up in a heartbeat

nose

what a disaster for cardiff a team i am not very fond of.... but the chairman does seem to sit well with thier unpleasant thuggish fans!

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on December 20, 2013, 09:34:10 AM
what a disaster for cardiff a team i am not very fond of.... but the chairman does seem to sit well with thier unpleasant thuggish fans!
:plus one:  and the owner of Hull City is coming up on the rails as well.

LBNo11

...it's a sin cos Tan has the wrong angle on football...

:023:

:Get Coat gif:

xma2
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

valdeingruo

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 20, 2013, 11:03:09 AM

xma2

THATS JUST A HYPOTENUSE THEORY!

I chuckled at the joke, well done  :drums:
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

epsomraver

xma2

That will go over most's head Ed I am going off in a tangent instead,

Lighthouse

Quote from: epsomraver on December 20, 2013, 11:42:36 AM

xma2

That will go over most's head Ed I am going off in a tangent instead,

Certainly gone over this CSE grade 4 Maths Success. Anyway it is a shame two sides are so divided for an answer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Danitar

I think this could be a bad thing, if tan won't support mackay with money he definately support the new manager with funds and if they get players medel and caulker then they could pull away.

Burt

If Mackay does leave, it would be interesting to see who they manage to attract to replace him given what Tan has been up to there. He's a basket case, and I can't see any sane manager wanting to work for him.

mccscratch

Quote from: chiefo on December 19, 2013, 09:20:07 PM
Premiership football or not their fans should have made a stand when he changed colour of home shirt. The beginning of the end started right there.

100% correct
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

Most fans disliked the MJ statue but what could we have done about it really?

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC