https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man City Fans in the Riverside Stand

Started by terryr, December 21, 2013, 05:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

This is the email I just sent to the club.....for what its worth

Man City fans in the Riverside Season ticket Holders seats
I was dismayed by the allocation of seats to Man City fans in the season tickets section of the Riverside stand today. My wife and I are season ticket holders and pay over £1000 a piece for the privilege.
We are located right beside the away side VIP section and It seems today that the section was full so FCC in their wisdom saw fit to give seats within the season ticket area. I know this is the case as they all had laminated passes around their necks and were celebrating on the stairs with the VIPs post game. It was galling to see away fans on their feet punching the air when Man City scored. It was even worse when they began joining the AWAY FANS in CHANTS and SONGS (some of which were offensive to FCC).
WHY DID THE CLUB DO THIS?
When we buy season tickets it's made clear to us that they cannot be sold to opposing fans.
Why did FCC insult their long suffering supporters this way?
As I said these were NOT away fans who got a hold of season tickets.
They were wearing laminated passes.
I feel really let down.by the club
What next..... away supporters in the Hammersmith stand?
Honestly it feels like you have contempt for season ticket holders by doing this.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: TerryR on December 21, 2013, 05:49:36 PM

I was dismayed by the allocation of seats to Man City fans in the season tickets section of the Riverside stand today. My wife and I are season ticket holders and pay over £1000 a piece for the privilege.
We are located right beside the away side VIP section and It seems today that the section was full so FCC in their wisdom saw fit to give seats within the season ticket area. I know this is the case as they all had laminated passes around their necks and were celebrating on the stairs with the VIPs post game. It was galling to see away fans on their feet punching the air when Man City scored. It was even worse when they began joining the AWAY FANS in CHANTS and SONGS (some of which were offensive to FCC).
When we buy season tickets it's made clear to us that they cannot be sold to opposing fans.
Honestly it feels like you have contempt for season ticket holders by doing this.

The club hates season ticket holders full stop, would rather pander to the members and international fans
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Deanothefulhamfan

Not that I condone violence at football, but how would have Fulham reacted if Fulham fan's were injured with crowd trouble when City scored....

The club needs to sort it out, it is literally asking for trouble

chiefo

One word, revenue. And if this makes your experience non enjoyable tough. Tis stuff like this that turns me away. Sorry for your day. Just as well we're a nice friendly bunch. :dft007: :dft007:

terryr

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 21, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
Not that I condone violence at football, but how would have Fulham reacted if Fulham fan's were injured with crowd trouble when City scored....

The club needs to sort it out, it is literally asking for trouble
It does get your blood up when they start chanting........I can see why ( but never condone) people get carried away in response. That's why supporters are separated right?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Hopefully a funny aside to this.
When we played Villa in the Cup 14/15 years ago my daughter and I could only get tickets (through a friend) in amongst The Villa season ticket holders.
'Wearing the colours' we got some tremendous stick.
When we scored me and Sally jumped up and were singing and dancing etc etc....
"Sit down f***head" or words to that effect came from around us.
"Excuse me" I said "My daughters only 15"  GRRRRRRR came a few neanderthal grunts.
The steward came up and warned us to stay sat down.
When we scored again, human nature forced us to jump up again with unadulterated joy.
Lots more verbal BS.
The steward came running up the steps and said "If you do that again I'm going to have to remove you from the stadium" (or the Brum version.
To which I replied..........
"I won't give a s**t if you do as we'll then be winning 3-0"

This seemed to break the ice a bit and they were OK after that.
As we left, I said to all around, in my best accent'
"Tra a bit"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Riversider

Firstly , who are FCC ?
Secondly, better get used to it, Fulham have already told us of the need to build a new Riverside Stand so that revenue can be increased from hospitality ,
Sadly this is going to become a regular occurrence !

bill taylors apprentice

Seems like the club are making the rules up as they go along, to the detriment of us the fans.

Remember the "Kinnock incident" a few weeks ago? They moved him on, rightly so, now they rub there own fans noses in it for a few quid.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2013, 09:15:47 PM
Firstly , who are FCC ?
Secondly, better get used to it, Fulham have already told us of the need to build a new Riverside Stand so that revenue can be increased from hospitality ,

No need to be sarcastic.
If the stand is built it will of course maximize hospitality for home and away fans but you have missed the point  made by TerrryR.

terryr

Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2013, 09:15:47 PM
Firstly , who are FCC ?
ya sorry FFC
Terrible mistake but given the simmering angst of hearing "CITY, CITY, CITY!" chanted two rows in front, my fingers took on a mind of their own.
I guess subconscious was saying... F...Foolish, C..... Craven, C....Cottage .
I feel a real mug being a season ticket holder

Victor Meldrew

This has been going for absolutely years, not just today. Going back a few years, the club used to sell tickets to Bristol City fans, Cardiff fans, Bristol Rovers and so on, they don't care! I've lost count of the amount of times there was trouble in the supporters bar underneath the the Riverside stand. I remember it being smashed up once by Bristol City, then Simon Morgan getting jumped by a player from another team.

Baszab

The players' bar incident was against Hartlepool - their team came in to the bar smartly dressed in their club suits - then one of their (Argentinean!) players saw Simon Morgan ( who he thought had injured him during the game) and punched him - then all hell broke loose with players from FFC and Hartlepool  getting involved ! Tables, drinks flying everywhere

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Baszab on December 21, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
The players' bar incident was against Hartlepool - their team came in to the bar smartly dressed in their club suits - then one of their (Argentinean!) players saw Simon Morgan ( who he thought had injured him during the game) and punched him - then all hell broke loose with players from FFC and Hartlepool  getting involved ! Tables, drinks flying everywhere

Correct, I was a few feet away from it all and lent a hand to drag people off. 

ron

what a shame that segregation is needed at all. this hangs like a cloud over the whole game when compared to rugby and cricket..........

WayneKerrins

Used to have seats in directors box padded seats right on half way line. Often full of away fans. In the end still paid same so we could use mcbrides but moved along towards Putney End. Club didn't give a toss and were more concerned with the odd altercation my brother and I had. Respectful away fans fair enough but liberty taking drunks from the likes of west ham, chelski, Man U, b burn, Pompey and Liverpool were a joke.
Sad thing was most Fulham fans in that stand were entirely apathetic to the issue. Now in JH after being old enclosurite and it and maestros lounge are miles better in almost every respect.

HatterDon

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 21, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

The club hates season ticket holders full stop, would rather pander to the members and international fans

So, do you have evidence that the folks TerryR was talking about got their tickets from members and international fans, or is this just another snarky cheap-shot at those of us who support Fulham from a distance?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: HatterDon on December 22, 2013, 03:00:11 AM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 21, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

So, do you have evidence that the folks TerryR was talking about got their tickets from members and international fans, or is this just another snarky cheap-shot at those of us who support Fulham from a distance?

I don't have a problem with foreign fans, the more the better. I just wish the club would prioritise the most important fans (season ticket holders) over members and international fans. They give so much attention (interviews in the program, shoutouts on Twitter etc) to international fan groups, yet I haven't seen one interview with fans who have both home and away season tickets, the fans who actually GO to games.

And the members is another thing that gets me. For the Stoke game this season, Digital Members (whatever they are), could get tickets for the game for £10, but STH's had to pay full price.
Junior Members and Fulhamites, get given chances to win things every match day, like hang out with David Hamilton, or help out the ground staff), yet Junior Season Ticket Holders do not. Now would I LIKE to win this stuff, of course not, but I'd like the chance to (if you get what I'm saying).

I've said before and I'll say again - for the money they pay (on a per £ basis), members are treated better than Season Ticket Holders
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Logicalman

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 22, 2013, 03:09:46 AM
I've said before and I'll say again - for the money they pay (on a per £ basis), members are treated better than Season Ticket Holders

I'm glad you left the International members out of that last sentence. I will tell you this, having been from both sides of the pond, the facilities available to International fans, per se, are not as good as you might be making out to be, as many overseas visitors to the Cottage will attest to. But such fans accept the issues, understand there can be problems, and deal with them.

The fact that you might see more interviews or other marketing items involving overseas fans are just those, marketing. They need to do this to attract other visitors from overseas. Please don't confuse preferential treatment afforded to some fans with marketing opportunities by the club.

Logicalman

One further thing, before I get off my soap box.

The price you have paid for your season ticket is less than the cost for me to attend just one match in any season. It costs me somewhere in the region of 1500 - 2000 USD to attend, that's around 1000 GBP. Bear that in mind next time you see an international fan at a match. The money might not be going to the club, but the love of the club is just the same, just as all the members of the Fulham Faithful are.

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on December 22, 2013, 03:29:26 AM

One further thing, before I get off my soap box.

The price you have paid for your season ticket is less than the cost for me to attend just one match in any season. It costs me somewhere in the region of 1500 - 2000 USD to attend, that's around 1000 GBP. Bear that in mind next time you see an international fan at a match. The money might not be going to the club, but the love of the club is just the same, just as all the members of the Fulham Faithful are.

Thank you, sir  065.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel