watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this too little too late?

Started by Sgt Fulham, December 21, 2013, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnh

We have played a lot of big teams in the first half, slightly ,more than those around us in the table and including some difficult away days, making for a slightly easier second half of the season, these margins will count, albeit we have to take it into our own hands and grab the remaining points available.

MJG

At the end of next week we will have all played each other once. No one had had any advantage about playing better teams. Our disadvantage was have an incompetent manager for 13 games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brede Butter Pudding

As somebody wrote earlier on this thread, the crucial thing is that we are not adrift. Looking at the table now, one or two wins can pull us out of the relegation zone. Not that, mathematically, this would be a significant change, but it would certainly cross a psychological threshold that we have not been able to experience so far this season.

Also, while I still can not get over how useless we were under Jol, and constantly question how he got it so incredibly wrong, other teams around us, I would say, are in far less appealing positions off the pitch. I look at Cardiff, West Brom, Sunderland, West Ham and Palace and still believe we have the superior players and the best spirit of the lot. We now have a manager who the players and fans respect and wholeheartedly support, and the spirit is back at the club. Walking out of the Cottage last night and along Stevenage Road, the buzz of optimism was almost tangible. Yes it was another disappointing defeat, and yes we deserved more, but we played with heart and spirit and with more of the same the results will certainly come against lesser opponents. Afterall, how many of us a couple of months ago thought we would come out of two games against Everton away and Man City at home (relatively) unscathed and with our heads held high?

The fact that we are not adrift, yet, is a major boost for me anyway. A lot can, and will, happen before the end of the season and I predict a few other teams will be pulled into the mix - Swansea haven't looked the same for a while now, nor have Villa, while Cardiff and West Brom are in trouble off the pitch too. While there is not a great deal to sing from the rooftops about, I do not believe it is too little, too late.

RaySmith

Not being adrift plus our very good performances mean that being reasonably optimistic about our prospects of escaping relegation is a realistic attitude-

IF we can continue with the intensity and coherent team play of the past four games.

If we can continue to play at this level, and don't get a lot of injuries, we should begin to pick up points, while, hopefully some of those around, and above us, will start to falter.

nose

loads of time and loads of points to play for.

We have done the first part. the team are now playing well and as a team.

what we need to do next, on boxing day, is translate that into wins!
I do think the squad is thin and we can all see that so a couple of signings wouldn't go amiss.
But we look far better than any rteam i have ever seen that was relegated, ever since rene took charge.
and assuming we survive, which i now believe we will, watch us motor next season.... i really think we can be brilliant and what a shame we waited so long to make the change. if we fail it will be because the board hesitated at the wrong time!

mangoputney

Quote from: MJG on December 22, 2013, 10:41:29 AM
At the end of next week we will have all played each other once. No one had had any advantage about playing better teams. Our disadvantage was have an incompetent manager for 13 games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation