watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whilst we're all worried about our own situation

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 21, 2013, 10:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

The Ha Ha's got beat again at home to Leicester today, have been knocked off the top of the Championship, are now level on points with Leicester who are in 3rd, and Derby are closing in fast with an impressive run. After their mugging off lately, it'll be Fulhamish that we survive (just) and they fail to come up.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 21, 2013, 10:32:00 PM
The Ha Ha's got beat again at home to Leicester today, have been knocked off the top of the Championship, are now level on points with Leicester who are in 3rd, and Derby are closing in fast with an impressive run. After their mugging off lately, it'll be Fulhamish that we survive (just) and they fail to come up.

Yes. Fulhamish indeed.  .....and you seem slightly optimistic this evening, talking survival for us. Happy to read it.  :54:

COYW!!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 21, 2013, 10:41:39 PM

Yes. Fulhamish indeed.  .....and you seem slightly optimistic this evening, talking survival for us. Happy to read it.  :54:

COYW!!

Look, I'm always optimistic, but just a results type of person. I'm like it at work, and I was like it when I played football at a decent level. If we didn't win, the whole team knew about it. People may get me one day, that's if I'm not banned for being to 'negative' but didn't realise that was a crime on a forum.

SP

Joey Barton booked his Christmas leave by picking up an interesting second booking.  His wife will be pleased.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 21, 2013, 10:50:11 PM

COYW!!

Look, I'm always optimistic, but just a results type of person. I'm like it at work, and I was like it when I played football at a decent level. If we didn't win, the whole team knew about it. People may get me one day, that's if I'm not banned for being to 'negative' but didn't realise that was a crime on a forum.

Well, I for one hope you stick around and are allowed to continue to express your opinions.

I'm just giving you a bit of stick b/c you've seemed so certain of our demise. You've certainly seen more of Fulham and English football than I have, so I know you have an informed perspective and basis for your views.

For me, the changes in attitudes speak volumes to me. The personal issues between Jol and the players had to have been down right toxic for Rene to be able to turn things around so quickly and dramatically. We've got more than a fair shot at survival as I see things, especially if our transfer policy trends more toward "sustainability" (a Khanism) and a realistic intent to push on.

Victor Meldrew

Either way, I fully expect the Ha Ha's to be back next season, whether we're in the Premiership or not. They seem to have got their stuff together on the pitch, but I put that fully down to Redknapp's experience, not their ridiculous chairman who will never resolve their financial situation. One way or another, they will end up in a serious financial trouble, if not this year, but from now until they build their new stadium, if it ever happens. There is no way a club of that size can fund ridiculous wages for the next 5 years, then expect to fill a 40k stadium to recoup the losses.

And no.. I'm not a QPR fan, can't stand the mugs.    

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 21, 2013, 11:00:37 PM

COYW!!

Well, I for one hope you stick around and are allowed to continue to express your opinions.

I'm just giving you a bit of stick b/c you've seemed so certain of our demise. You've certainly seen more of Fulham and English football than I have, so I know you have an informed perspective and basis for your views.

For me, the changes in attitudes speak volumes to me. The personal issues between Jol and the players had to have been down right toxic for Rene to be able to turn things around so quickly and dramatically. We've got more than a fair shot at survival as I see things, especially if our transfer policy trends more toward "sustainability" (a Khanism) and a realistic intent to push on.

The problems started well before Jol joined Fulham, he just kindly added to them. If truth be told, our scarf waving, very much loved chairman Mr Fayed was just as guilty.

I've got to be careful what I say here, as I'm for sure going to get stick over this for slating our savior, but for the last 3 or 4 seasons, he had been looking to sell us to the first idiot who came along.

He had no intentions of building that Riverside Stadium, it was all part of the marketing plan to help sell the club, it made us look attractive to perspective buyers. I bet Khan is having real nightmares ironing out the finer details of this project.

This, along with tight transfer budgets, taking 10 million quid a year from the club has all helped towards our current demise. If anything, we were spoiled with Hodgson who managed to get the best out of resources he had around him.   

I wouldn't buy to much into Fayed turning our debt in equity, he's an astute businessman and would have gained this money from other areas. Again, this was simply done to make out he was doing the best for Fulham Football Club.

I don't care what anyone else says, I still think the cheeky git pocked most of the T.V money before he done a runner.

hovewhite

You could be right victor,his last couple of years he kept his wallet away from daylight.as for riverside development I've always thought no intention by MAF to do anything about it.

Logicalman

COYW!!

Well, you'll have to try even harder to be banned for negativity!!!

One Martin Thomas

MAF was our saviour (and he was fantastic fir us) but I cannot help but agree with some of your points... we have no new riverside stand and three out of four stands at the cottage are temporary !

I believe the Riverside extension will be halted further by Roger Weston and his pals.  He seems to be part of any group that may have something to say against the extension / any development at the Cottage.

We've got RENE though ! 049:gif

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 21, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 21, 2013, 11:00:37 PM

COYW!!

The problems started well before Jol joined Fulham, he just kindly added to them. If truth be told, our scarf waving, very much loved chairman Mr Fayed was just as guilty.

I've got to be careful what I say here, as I'm for sure going to get stick over this for slating our savior, but for the last 3 or 4 seasons, he had been looking to sell us to the first idiot who came along.

He had no intentions of building that Riverside Stadium, it was all part of the marketing plan to help sell the club, it made us look attractive to perspective buyers. I bet Khan is having real nightmares ironing out the finer details of this project.

This, along with tight transfer budgets, taking 10 million quid a year from the club has all helped towards our current demise. If anything, we were spoiled with Hodgson who managed to get the best out of resources he had around him.   

I wouldn't buy to much into Fayed turning our debt in equity, he's an astute businessman and would have gained this money from other areas. Again, this was simply done to make out he was doing the best for Fulham Football Club.

I don't care what anyone else says, I still think the cheeky git pocked most of the T.V money before he done a runner.

I have no doubts that what you say about MAF prepping the club for sale is true. And, none of it had to do with love for us or it in my mind. It was all a business decision and set us up for the drop we are currently scraping to avoid today.

St Eve

I hope QPR do get promoted. Rather watch us play them than Derby or Burnley or Leicester

KingstonWhite

the scum are struggling top of the league with the special one struggling also!! bee's miss out on promotion
2013 has been rubbish for the west london clubs!