News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some very impressive attacking performances today.

Started by FPT, December 21, 2013, 10:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Particularly from Adel Taarabt and Ashkan Dejagah.

I thought Taarabt was a joy to watch today, I know he's not everyone's favourite and don't get me started on the "not passing" stance, but he was really positive today and to quote Mr Meulensteen, "Where I played him today, it was right down his street. Turn, make it stick, go forward – he was excellent. I thought at times he could have chosen different options but he's got so much ability. I don't mind people taking shots and being positive and he has a decent shot on him so if one had gone in I would have been delighted."

Ashkan Dejagah also showed why he is possibly the most underrated player in our squad, he attacked his full back, was full of trickery and skill and also created more chances than anybody else on the pitch.

RidgeRider

Completely agree. It was a good performance against a world class side. Despite the final score, this is once again a very positive performance. The lads were up for it and both the players you mention played well. Rene seemed to set us up to 'win', rather than 'not lose', as I had thought at the beginning of the match when I saw his lineup.

hovewhite

We have as a squad good ability going forward,we struggle defending however.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree.... Dejegah and Reither are a joy to watch, and we lost our shape a little when he was brought off for Kasami who had a really poor game imo.

Taarabt was my mom, yes he tired in the last 15 minutes and yes he could have had a better final ball in the final third at times, but he caused so many problems. Man city could not cope with him in the slightest, and he forced Hart to make two very decent saves... Great and unselfish play for the assist as well...

HatterDon

Once there was a time when there was only one substitute, and -- unless there was an injury -- he was hardly used. Those were the days when a club could go from 12th one season to 2nd the next. The expansion of subs to 3 and now to, what, seven[?] have changed this parity.

The difference today is that the substitutes City used today could not be countered by the subs Fulham used. Milner and Navas would start in 95% of the top flight teams in Europe. As much as I admire Kasami, you can't say that about him, never mind Bent and Amorebieta. We were playing them to a standstill until those two came on, and it was those two that changed the game. That's why there's a top 4 or 6 in the Prem; that's why there's really three leagues in the Prem. If Senderos doesn't go off to be replaced by the incredibly incompetent Love Bite, we might have gotten a point or maybe three if City also goes with it's starting XI.

Our consolation? West Ham, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Stoke, Cardiff, West Brom, and Sunderland don't have subs like that either.

Fully agree with the OP about Taarabt and Dejagah. Ashkan is Rene's most improved player.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I agree with most everything you wrote HD, except the bit about Amorebieta being incredibly incompetent.  That's awfully harsh. 

hovewhite

Amoriebeta for me hasn't looked anything like the calibre of player I expected,as expected him to be class but he can only improve .he can't get any worse!

Whitesideup

Don't get the abuse of Amoriebeta.. maybe not the greatest of starts, but FGS look at the errors we have had from Senderos when Jol was playing him ahead of Hughes last season. He comes with a good reputation from Spain so let's see. We'll see more over the next couple of games. Give him a chance to adapt to the Premiership. I think he can do it.

And remember, we are conceding a lot, but it's not just down to the defence. You play a team like City and they are creating openings and spaces through good midfield play and movement that even some of the best teams in Europe struggle to control. So don't get too downhearted.

I may have missed the posts but the problem for the third goal came down our left-hand side, and personally thought the keeper could have done better. By then the fourth was irrelevant. Didn't really see the negative contribution from Amoriebeta in there.