Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

KP_FFC

Quote from: MJG on December 22, 2013, 07:06:18 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on December 22, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
i think dempsey will play strike when berba leaves in jan
which begs the question who replaces CD in March till end of season?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Rodallega

MJG

Quote from: KP_FFC on December 22, 2013, 09:56:53 PM

Rodallega
so our front line goes from Berbatov to Dempsey to Dave for the last 11 games. I like Dave but suspect he's not going to get us the goals we need.

KP_FFC

Quote from: MJG on December 22, 2013, 10:05:36 PM

Rodallega
so our front line goes from Berbatov to Dempsey to Dave for the last 11 games. I like Dave but suspect he's not going to get us the goals we need.

i think rodallega will do very well under Rene, but we also have bent, taarabt and ruiz who can play in that lone ST role

IranianCottager

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 22, 2013, 08:41:02 PM
For the love of God, do not take Karagounis out, unless not fit. He's more important to you than any other player currently on the team
He was spectacular vs Tottenham and Villa, but nothing special @ Everton or vs City.

Count Berbatov

You must be able to see that ever since you got Parker and Karagounis on the same team, you are beginning to hold the ball and play with it. To organize any offensive, attacking play.
The last two games, he was withdrawn behind Parker and Sidwell. Which might create the illusion, that he wasn't in it as much. As v Spurs and Villa, he played in the hole. He did a lot of running there though and he got pulled behind Parker, in front of the back four. His legs couldn't keep up I'd think
Belive me, we've seen plenty of Parker - Sidwell and it wasn't it. Only when the ancient Greek came along. Everyone can run as a headless chicken, but only him and Parker can make something with the ball, when in possession
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RidgeRider

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 23, 2013, 01:00:05 AM
You must be able to see that ever since you got Parker and Karagounis on the same team, you are beginning to hold the ball and play with it. To organize any offensive, attacking play.
The last two games, he was withdrawn behind Parker and Sidwell. Which might create the illusion, that he wasn't in it as much. As v Spurs and Villa, he played in the hole. He did a lot of running there though and he got pulled behind Parker, in front of the back four. His legs couldn't keep up I'd think
Belive me, we've seen plenty of Parker - Sidwell and it wasn't it. Only when the ancient Greek came along. Everyone can run as a headless chicken, but only him and Parker can make something with the ball, when in possession

Agreed. Dempsey won't replace Kara, I don't think, as was suggested in an earlier post. It's not like for like. The midfield has looked good with kara in it, Dempsey is likely to play on the wing and allowed to drift in as he did in the Hodgson & Hughes years...and the first year Jol was here. This will mean our width will come from our LB and right winger, as it did in the past.

MasterHaynes

Thought that Rene's suprising us with Richardson in the left wing spot worked really well on saturday. Allowed Riise to get down the line and gave us solidity on both wings with Reither and Dejagah renewing their partnership. I'd go with it again, if Berba is fit play him with Tarrabt waiting in the wings if he doesn't perform, might just spur Berba on as I don't think Rene has any issues with subbing Berba.

Julius Geezer

Rodallega
Have a day off.

Relying on Rodallega for 3 months as a lone striker is effectively our receipt for a one way ticket to the Championship.