watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it THAT bad??

Started by Aaron, December 23, 2013, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

I realise history doesn't look favourably on those in the bottom 3 at Christmas and then there's this whole much fable mystical 40pts for safety concept, but both of these things are largely irrelevant.  The reality is:

1) We're two points away from just needing to be better for the rest of the season than Sunderland, Palace and West Ham.
2) We're considerably better than all three of those teams on the pitch right now.
3) We play two of the three and some other strugglers in the next month when they're all playing crap and we're playing well.
4) All three of these teams have a worse time of it in terms of fixtures than us in the next month or so.

Is it really that bad? 

The bookies seem to think so as you can still get us at evens but West Ham at 3/1, but I'm not so sure.

Berserker

I think it is pretty bad. But we were in the bottom 3 with Mark Hughes at Christmas and survived so I'm hoping we will this time
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

There is reason for optimism

We  are not adrift on points, and the way we have been playing under Rene has given us hope.

Just need to take every match as it comes, to use a cliche, and the whole team to keep putting in the performances they have, and, hopefully, the points will come.

JDH101

Quote from: Aaron on December 23, 2013, 10:26:56 PM
I realise history doesn't look favourably on those in the bottom 3 at Christmas and then there's this whole much fable mystical 40pts for safety concept, but both of these things are largely irrelevant.  The reality is:

1) We're two points away from just needing to be better for the rest of the season than Sunderland, Palace and West Ham.
2) We're considerably better than all three of those teams on the pitch right now.
3) We play two of the three and some other strugglers in the next month when they're all playing crap and we're playing well.
4) All three of these teams have a worse time of it in terms of fixtures than us in the next month or so.

Is it really that bad? 

The bookies seem to think so as you can still get us at evens but West Ham at 3/1, but I'm not so sure.

Totally agree. I really believe our season starts on boxing day. We finally got rid of Jol and have made it past the tougher fixtures. The real test starts now!

Holders

Quote from: JDH101 on December 24, 2013, 08:00:58 AM
Quote from: Aaron on December 23, 2013, 10:26:56 PM

Is it really that bad? 

Totally agree. I really believe our season starts on boxing day. We finally got rid of Jol and have made it past the tougher fixtures. The real test starts now!

Agreed, we'll know how bad it really is (or isn't) on Jan 11th.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Artful Dodger

You're right, at the moment we are in a mini league with West Ham, Palace and Sunderland and if we get one more point than the other 3 we stay up. Those teams aren't picking up points but neither are we at the moment. The next 4 games are massive and will go a long way to determining is we stay up.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Burt

Let's review this again in 4 games time!

I am optimistic, given how we have been playing, that if RM's momemtum continues then we will start to pick the points up.

The goal difference is a bit of a worry though, that's in effect a point deduction relative to those around us with better balances.

WhiteJC

the last 4 games have given us hope, who in their right mind would concider getting beat 4-1 & 2-4, loosing 3 or the last 4 encouraging?

but its the manner that we now go about games, we're back to being Fulham, win, lose or draw we're playing football again.

if we do get relegated would it be that bad? all I can say to that is it kinda depends on how long you've supported Fulham, this is not a dig at anyone, but when you've supported a team who have been in the "lower reaches" of the leagues far longer than the rarified Premiership (or 1st division as I still think of it) then in my heart I don't really care, there's plenty about our "new found" success I don't like! having said that I wouldn't have passed on our Europa roller coaster for all the tea in China.

so to the question "is it that bad?" not really

what would be that bad is supporting one of the other "local" teams, my knuckles would be red-raw from all that dragging!

Furby

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 24, 2013, 11:26:06 AM
You're right, at the moment we are in a mini league with West Ham, Palace and Sunderland and if we get one more point than the other 3 we stay up. Those teams aren't picking up points but neither are we at the moment. The next 4 games are massive and will go a long way to determining is we stay up.

You can add Cardiff, Norwich, Villa and WBA into it as well as I reckon they'll get dragged into it with more twists in the next two months.

nose

we have played well, the team have pulled together we already have a ew signing that we know has scored goals
taarabat looked on fire, berba playing well... the future looks good, the problem is we have so few points..and we have two center halves out of action
NONETHELESS
i am very optimistic (schoolboy stylee) watch us fly!!!!