Main Menu

NFR - Mackay gone

Started by PokerMatt, December 27, 2013, 01:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Julius Geezer

Mackay's position had become untanable.

ron

If Tan isn't above hiring work experience youngsters and maybe others off the street, I think I'll go down the Jobcentre to see if he's posted the £2m a year job amongst the minimum-wage cleaners etc. What's a year of abuse and being sacked in disgrace against two million quid?

Ichabod Magoo

We shall see how much of a maniac the megalomaniac is.  He doesn't have a director of football since his son's mate has issues and he has no manager until some unusual character with ulterior motives agrees to take the job.  I think this should be made into a reality show.   :022:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Forever Fulham

Kiss up to his son, and the job is yours.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 27, 2013, 01:43:45 PM
Who in their right mind is taking that job now?

Salary of £2-3 million pa even if you get it wrong....  I'd do it!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Burt

Fit and proper person test info (from Wikipedia)

Fit and proper person test

The fit-and-proper-person test or director's test is a test undergone by owners and directors of major British football clubs in the hope that it prevents corrupt or untrustworthy businessmen from buying them.

Application

The test, introduced in 2004, is mandated by the Premier League, the Football League, the Football Conference and the Scottish Premier League. Anybody who takes over a club, runs one, or owns over 30% of its shares must be assessed. The first director known to have failed the test was Dennis Coleman, director of Rotherham United when they went into administration in 2006 and 2008. He claimed:

"I came in and in effect saved the club. It is totally unfair for me to be disqualified."[1]

In November 2009, Stephen Vaughan, then owner of Chester City, became the first owner to fail the test, after he was legally disqualified from being a director of any company. This was a result of VAT fraud as owner of Widnes Vikings rugby club. He transferred control of Chester to his son, Stephen Vaughan, Jr.[2]

In March 2012, Rangers owner Craig Whyte was found not to be a fit and proper person as the result of an independent enquiry.[3]

Disqualifying events

The Premier League has tighter restrictions than the rest of the Football League and Football Conference. In general, a businessman will fail the test if:

They have power or influence over another Football League club
They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
They become prohibited by law from being a director
They are filing for bankruptcy
They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

Berserker

Looks like Cardiff's manager is going to have a huge bucket of money in January to spend. Probably mean they will get our targets plus avoid getting into a relegation battle
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

west kowloon white

Mega media hype,loadsa  pay off  dosh.....probably ordinary kinda  manager in truth time  will tell ....not defending the charming Tan but they are in the sh..te and have spent money..

MikeCdawg

Deanothefulhamfan

Cardiff will not get more money.... I think Tan will give the new manager a very tight January budget.

I honestly think Cardiff could go down now

Edit : Just seen the article on bbc, saying Tan has promised more funds... Yet he was angry with Mackay for saying he woukd be in the.market at January.... The club is laughable

NorfolkJim

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Cardiff City but it must be a bit of a nightmare when someone buys your beloved club and treats it like some kind of plaything. Many sold their soul and went with the change from blue to red (You could see Everton or Chelsea doing that, right?) and grounding their bluebird for the more popular in the Far East Dragon. The manager did so well to get them up there but he won't be allowed to consolidate, its like Shearing said on MOTD, what does the man expect, to be Top 6 in the first year up.
Then think about Portsmouth -

in comparison we have done so very well under MAF and Khan seems to be a reasonable man

grandad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 28, 2013, 04:05:42 AM
Cardiff will not get more money.... I think Tan will give the new manager a very tight January budget.

I honestly think Cardiff could go down now

Edit : Just seen the article on bbc, saying Tan has promised more funds... Yet he was angry with Mackay for saying he woukd be in the.market at January.... The club is laughable
We have good experience in finding out that spending vast sums on players does not guarantee success. Marlet, Johnson & Ruiz are our noticeable ones.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Berserker on December 27, 2013, 11:50:13 PM
Looks like Cardiff's manager is going to have a huge bucket of money in January to spend. Probably mean they will get our targets plus avoid getting into a relegation battle

Didn't Tan say he was upset that Malky wanted to sign three players in January. I don't think they will be getting many players in.

Berserker

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 28, 2013, 11:56:18 AM

Didn't Tan say he was upset that Malky wanted to sign three players in January. I don't think they will be getting many players in.

I think that's the problem with Tan,  he says such contradictory statements. He has come out today, according to BBC website, saying that new manager will get big January war chest
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on December 28, 2013, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 28, 2013, 11:56:18 AM

I think that's the problem with Tan,  he says such contradictory statements. He has come out today, according to BBC website, saying that new manager will get big January war chest

I read yesterday that he'd said there'd be no money in January!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

VACANCY

High profile, high powered position as Head Coach and Manager of Welsh English Premier League club.

No experience necessary,

Must like dogs (bringing your own family recipes earns a signing bonus)

Family references required (that's OUR family, not yours)

Contract term variable upon our discretion

RidgeRider

Quote from: NorfolkJim on December 28, 2013, 07:31:32 AM
I never thought I'd feel sorry for Cardiff City but it must be a bit of a nightmare when someone buys your beloved club and treats it like some kind of plaything. Many sold their soul and went with the change from blue to red (You could see Everton or Chelsea doing that, right?) and grounding their bluebird for the more popular in the Far East Dragon. The manager did so well to get them up there but he won't be allowed to consolidate, its like Shearing said on MOTD, what does the man expect, to be Top 6 in the first year up.
Then think about Portsmouth -

in comparison we have done so very well under MAF and Khan seems to be a reasonable man

Not to mention he hired a 22 year old friend of his son to run the club and fired the guy who actually knew the game and the league. It makes me wonder how this man made his fortune. Makes me think he may have made it the same way the chap who owned Man City did....isn't he in jail now?