watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Mackay gone

Started by PokerMatt, December 27, 2013, 01:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Who in their right mind is taking that job now?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

PokerMatt

Slaphead in Qatar

Good news for fulham. One of our rivals in turmoil.

Victor Meldrew

Depends on who they get in. Last thing we want is a touch of the old new manager syndrome.

Tempest

Chelsea, Spurs, Madrid and now Cardiff. These type of clubs are dream jobs for managers. There will be plenty of takers because the manager goes in expecting not to last the term of the contract, get a pay off after usually less than 12 months and move on to the next job. For the life of me no idea why managers are offered anything more than a 12 month contract.
Live in Falmouth!

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 27, 2013, 01:54:45 PM
Depends on who they get in. Last thing we want is a touch of the old new manager syndrome.

Which good manager would want to go and work there. And they will probably play the next 2 games in quick succession in turmoil without a perm manager.

Lighthouse

It depends on how popular Mackay really was with the players. Whoever comes in has been down for the job for weeks however much Cardiff pretend otherwise. Still as the Chairman is clearly not interested in what Cardiff fans or anybody thinks then the turmoil may not be over. Sad for any club to be in such a state when they don't need to be.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RoyTund

for £2m a year, lots will.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Tempest on December 27, 2013, 01:58:10 PM
Chelsea, Spurs, Madrid and now Cardiff. These type of clubs are dream jobs for managers. There will be plenty of takers because the manager goes in expecting not to last the term of the contract, get a pay off after usually less than 12 months and move on to the next job. For the life of me no idea why managers are offered anything more than a 12 month contract.

Well that depends how much a manager cares about his reputation for the next job.

Bassey the warrior

Shame. With all the uncertainty surrounding his job it was always likely to affect performances. A few more games would've been nice. I think many people would take on the club for the right money. It's more of a job for an established manager whose reputation is already assured than an up and coming one however.

Deanothefulhamfan

My mate said Soljksaer has already been approached.... the last thing we need is them to get a decent manager in.

They have Sunderland at home tomorrow, and I really fancy Sunderland now.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tempest on December 27, 2013, 01:58:10 PM

Most likely why MAF preferred 1 year rolling contracts. He was always looking to mitigate his risk and minimize investment.

RidgeRider

from BBC

Malky Mackay: Cardiff City sack manager

Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager by Cardiff City after a meeting of the club's board of directors.
A statement on the club's website says a new first team manager will be appointed in due course.
His dismissal came less than 24-hours after the club's 3-0 home Boxing Day defeat to Southampton .
It followed a public row with the club's billionaire owner Vincent Tan, who wrote to Mackay on 16 December asking him to resign or be sacked.
Tan also accused Mackay of overspending in the transfer market and announced the manager would have no money to spend in the January transfer window.
Mackay's record at Cardiff City
Played: 125 games

Won: 54

Drawn: 37

Lost: 34

Success rate: 43 %

The 41-year-old Scotsman refused to resign, and subsequently led the team in the matches against Liverpool and Southampton before his dismissal.
Mackay had been in charge at Cardiff for two-and-a-half years after taking over from Dave Jones in June 2011.
He guided the club back to the top flight of English football after a 52-year absence when they won the Championship title in 2013.
The first signs of a problem between the owner and the manager emerged in October 2013 when the club's director of recruitment Iain Moody was removed from his post.
Moody, a long-term friend and colleague who worked with Mackay at Watford, was replaced by a 23-year-old Kazakh Alisher Apsalamov who was friend of Tan's son.
Moody played a major role in the recruitment of summer signings Gary Medel and Steven Caulker and the decision to remove him upset Mackay, who described Moody as "a class act".

MiltonBurrows

Great news for us. Means another team is going to get dragged into the scrap now.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

RidgeRider

I will be nice and not cast aspersions at Tan but I will ask this question again......who 'vets' Premier League owners? Does anyone?

Berserker

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 27, 2013, 02:44:46 PM
I will be nice and not cast aspersions at Tan but I will ask this question again......who 'vets' Premier League owners? Does anyone?

Doesn't look like it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

PokerMatt

Rumour has it that there's a fit-and-proper-person test before a chairman can own a football club in this country.

However, Tan, Assem Allam and Thaksin Shinawatra have all slipped through the net since its inception. So, clearly, it's not very credible.

Jamie88