watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Spuds hire Sherwood

Started by Ichabod Magoo, December 24, 2013, 02:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

Tim Sherwood was hired by Spuds through June 2015.  Louis van Gaal was rumoured to be under consideration and no offense to Sherwood, but it could have been a hilarious relationship between Levy and van Gaal.  He's a legend in his own mind.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Deanothefulhamfan

Really poor appointment in my opinion.... Not the man to take spurs forward.

I am quite happy with this though, I would love for them to fail to make the top 6

Pluto

Moronic decision. Sherwood is another Steve Kean in my view. Why give AVB £110 million to spend then sack him after 4 months before the team has any time to gel...then hand over the reins to his own technical coach?! It's just bizarre and ridiculous.

Fulham76

Why not give him a go? They've wasted plenty of money hiring & than sacking 'big' name managers & still haven't had the success they all feel they deserve. It may turn out a brilliant move.
Besides, they have plenty of quality players, I don't think they'll be too far adrift of the top 6.

The Equalizer

I feel this is another Terry Connor waiting to happen...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

WayneKerrins

Know him a bit his daughter Beau went to my kids school. Very, very confident bloke and sharp as well. Wouldn't surprise me if he did ok. Well regarded by everyone at the club.

Bassey the warrior

He's highly rated at the club and I suspect they always intended to make him manager when the time came. It would be nice to see a talented English coach do well so I'll follow his side with interest.

JBH

Quote from: WayneKerrins on December 24, 2013, 11:03:01 AM
Know him a bit his daughter Beau went to my kids school. Very, very confident bloke and sharp as well. Wouldn't surprise me if he did ok. Well regarded by everyone at the club.

I have met him twice, on both occassions he has come across as being extremly confident but also very arrogant with it and I truely believe by putting him incharge they have just created a Train Crash waiting to happen (really hope they end up imploding)  :merry christmas:

Nero

Think hes a trouble maker, didnt he start turning the dressing room against Roy when he was Blackburn. Probably had a hand in AVB going as well wouldnt be surprised.

Slaphead in Qatar

I don't like the way he has aggressively marketed himself for the vacancy. I suppose you don' t get anywhere by being a shrinking violet but a little empathy and respect for his sacked former colleague would not have been out of place.

Burt

Very risky appointment in my view. The fans want a big name, and he isn't it. An experienced hand is required, and he doesn't have that background.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is paid off at the end of the season to make way for Van Gaal when the world cup is over.

beijing ben

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2013, 09:51:42 AM
Why not give him a go? They've wasted plenty of money hiring & than sacking 'big' name managers & still haven't had the success they all feel they deserve. It may turn out a brilliant move.
Besides, they have plenty of quality players, I don't think they'll be too far adrift of the top 6.

The last time they did that they ended up with Jol...

beijing ben

Quote from: JBH on December 24, 2013, 11:39:31 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on December 24, 2013, 11:03:01 AM

I have met him twice, on both occassions he has come across as being extremly confident but also very arrogant with it and I truely believe by putting him incharge they have just created a Train Crash waiting to happen (really hope they end up imploding)  :merry christmas:

This is the way i see it. AVB is a joke. He's played less competitive football than most of us on here so when it comes to crucial decision making he can't do it. (I wouldn't be surprised if he became the next Beijing Guo'an manager which would be a real shame). Sherwood is a better option but again a lot of the egos they have at Spurs aren't going to respect him. Not only did he not do that much as a player but he has no real management experience as far as i know. Van Gaal or Sherwood? Ridiculous. And Sherwood comes across as pretty arrogant so there should be a few clashes.

The squad they have at Spurs is good enough to win the league, they just need the right manager. Thankfully, they haven't.. in my opinion..

IranianCottager

Besides my dislike for Spurs, there's another reason I am very happy with this appointment.
Tottenham was interested in hiring Iran's current manager, Carlos Queiroz (previous manager of Real Madrid, Portugal, and Fergie's former assistant alongside Rene). Would have been a nightmare for us with the World Cup right around the corner, although I doubt Queiroz would leave Iran.

Count Berbatov

Levy is so much fun. Things change faster than in a soap opera tv drama over at Spuds... Now where's my popcorn..
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 25, 2013, 03:11:40 AM
Levy is so much fun. Things change faster than in a soap opera tv drama over at Spuds... Now where's my popcorn..

Levy has the concession for that too.   :023:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III