News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the options available to you were.....

Started by Fulham76, December 24, 2013, 10:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Win £10m on the lottery this Christmas but Fulham are relegated this season & not seen back in the top flight for at least another 30 years.

Would you take the money???

Silly question I know, but why not!

Holders

I'd say: what player could I buy for £10m that would save us from relegation?

Not very likely as I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

I can still support Fulham if they were in the lower leagues, as I have done before so I would choose the life changing amount of money.... although if it mean't Fulham got relegated,  and they subsequently went into administration and eventually went out of the football league I would choose the survival over the money.

Fulham76

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 24, 2013, 10:36:02 AM
I can still support Fulham if they were in the lower leagues, as I have done before so I would choose the life changing amount of money.... although if it mean't Fulham got relegated,  and they subsequently went into administration and eventually went out of the football league I would choose the survival over the money.

No, we definately stay in business just relegation & scrapping around the championship or lower leagues for years - just like the good old days.

Berserker

£10 million for me. I'd still watch Fulham but would have a nice place near by to live in
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Buffalo76

Northern Cottager

I'd take the £10 million. Even if I decided to save us for one year, we'd still hit the market for some more 33 year old's and get relegated next year.

JBH

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 24, 2013, 10:57:28 AM
I'd take the £10 million. Even if I decided to save us for one year, we'd still hit the market for some more 33 year old's and get relegated next year.

096.gig

DukeTyrion

I would take the money. Still enjoy the football as I used to, but I would be able to help out a lot of friends.

Of course, you did put the extremes in there, so it would be interesting to see the question from a closer perspective.

Would you take £10,000 with Fulham relegated (no knowledge of if or when they come back), or give up the £10,000 to keep them up?

Fulham76

Quote from: DukeTyrion on December 24, 2013, 11:25:39 AM
I would take the money. Still enjoy the football as I used to, but I would be able to help out a lot of friends.

Of course, you did put the extremes in there, so it would be interesting to see the question from a closer perspective.

Would you take £10,000 with Fulham relegated (no knowledge of if or when they come back), or give up the £10,000 to keep them up?

£10,000??? We stay up, definately. Don't even have to think about that one. There would come a value though where most of us would think seriously about it.

£300k, £400k, £500k & I'd be thinking about it very seriously.

For a moment then I thought this scenario was real & i'd have to make the decision, got a bit of a nervous feeling for a split second...  064.gif

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2013, 11:36:30 AM
£10,000??? We stay up, definately. Don't even have to think about that one. There would come a value though where most of us would think seriously about it.

That was my point. £10 Mill is one extreme, but there is a 'sell point' for everyone. It would be interesting to find out where it was, but I think £10 Mill would be past pretty much everyone's sell point, especially taking into account all the other good they could do with it.

farfouille

Quote from: DukeTyrion on December 24, 2013, 11:55:15 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 24, 2013, 11:36:30 AM

That was my point. £10 Mill is one extreme, but there is a 'sell point' for everyone. It would be interesting to find out where it was, but I think £10 Mill would be past pretty much everyone's sell point, especially taking into account all the other good they could do with it.

Reminds of a joke:

Man asks a pretty girl on the bar:
- Hi, would you spend the night with me for £10 million?
- Well, yeah, I would.
- What about £20?
- God! What kind of woman do you think I am?
- We have already figured out what kind of woman you are - we are now negotiating the price.

:)

By the way, I know a man who wouldn't take the £10 Mill and would prefer Fulham in the PL instead. He has a cool stache.  051
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

filham

£10m could bring you a whole load of new problems, I think it would be too much for me to handle so I will settle for survivlal in the premiersip providing it comes with a 10 year guarantee.

McTavish and McDoodle win £10m on the lottery . McTavish is immediately worried about begging letters, McDoodle tells him not to worry and says we will simply continue to send them out.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: JBH on December 24, 2013, 11:20:34 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 24, 2013, 10:57:28 AM

096.gig

Sorry, but can you convince me I'm wrong? Haha

filham

£10m could bring you a whole load of new problems, I think it would be too much for me to handle so I will settle for survival in the premiersip providing it comes with a 10 year guarantee.

McTavish and McDoodle win £10m on the lottery . McTavish is immediately worried about begging letters, McDoodle tells him not to worry and says we will simply continue to send them out.

Burt

£10m all the time.

Sorry...

But having followed Fulham in every division then I wouldn't stop just because I won the lottery.

Best of both worlds.

Andy S

I'd do what the players do. I'd take the money. I'd have an executive box in fact I'd no longer worry about the football as I'd be somewhere hot& sunny

Matt Inglis

Definitely take the £10m.
The enjoyment I get out of supporting Fulham isn't only there as long as they are in the top division.
It's the experience, the atmosphere and the feeling of being a part of something!
Besides, if we became a team a long way down the leagues.. £10m might be enough to buy the club, who knows!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

somerset cockernee

I had to think about this.......for about a billionth of a nanosecond..........       o.k maybe not that long

grandad

£10 million for me. As others have said I also have supported the lads in every division so it would not matter which division they are in. Fulham is my life blood.
Where there's a will there's a wife