News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official Club Announcement re Dempsey...

Started by LBNo11, December 24, 2013, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioiOygWqgU

Tuesday 24 December 2013 19:01

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the two-month loan signing of Clint Dempsey from MLS side Seattle Sounders FC.

The 30-year-old midfielder returns to Craven Cottage having first signed a permanent deal for the Club in January 2007 from New England Revolution.

During five-and-a-half seasons at Fulham, Dempsey scored 60 goals in 225 appearances. Arguably the most memorable of his strikes was the fourth goal in a 4-1 victory against Juventus in the UEFA Europa League which completed a dramatic comeback over two legs en route to the inaugural 2010 Final.

Dempsey also scored the only goal of the match against Liverpool at Craven Cottage in May 2007 which secured Premier League football for the Whites the following season.

He was voted Fulham's 2011/12 Player of the Season by the fans for a second consecutive term before signing for Tottenham Hotspur in August 2012.
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

KP_FFC

Danitar

JackyFulham90

Pev

The boy is back!!! Great boost to team morale and will certainly boost the teams quality
@Fulham_Boy

grandad

Reading between the lines of the interview he realizes that it was not the move to Spurs he thought it would be. Told ya Clint.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Luffy86

Two months will turn into the end of the season which will turn out to be a permanent transfer!!! Or at least what I'm hoping!!! Honestly I can see it happening!!
And... I can see Dempsey and Berbatov working very well.
Welcome home Clint! Merry christmas

JBH

Quote from: grandad on December 24, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Reading between the lines of the interview he realizes that it was not the move to Spurs he thought it would be. Told ya Clint.

:plus one:
He has basically come home for a visit to his other true family xmascheer1

Count Berbatov

I am looking forward to seeing him play with the new boys. Berba, Scottie, Kara.. Etc.
Also hope he doesn't play selfishly, but for the team. One Adel is bad enough. Especially if both in the same starting lineup
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ToodlesMcToot

Reading between the lines, what I took from it was that he was proud that he put his coin in the slot and pulled the handle. No regrets. As well, he understands that there is no other club like ours for him.

"Home" was the metaphor. Which of us hasn't or won't leave ours to try and improve or prove something to ourselves?

Why must it be a mistake to attempt to overcome a greater challenge?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YankeeJim

Yep.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

somerset cockernee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FaXmRWXLjM

WELCOME HOME CLINT......WELCOME HOME CLINT......WELCOME HOME CLINT......WELCOME HOME CLINT

MJG

especially when they didn't play in red and were not based in the north west.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nose

very good video, he said all the right things, brought a tear to the eye on christmas eve.

you don't know what you got till it's gone.... that was all he needed to say

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Dig the Rebel Yell by Sarah then same by Demps
Ye ha!
Now Rene cut a deal as well for the other D & get him back home.........

chiefo

Is he available for hammers? Wouldn't have thought so.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: chiefo on December 24, 2013, 08:52:02 PM
Is he available for hammers? Wouldn't have thought so.

Should be available from Jan. 1

Will he be fit by then is the question.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

chiefo

I didn't think it could be official until 1st Jan and then time for it to allow him to play a 3pm game. Winter signing midday Friday for Saturday start etc.

Luffy86

His video actually bought a year to my eye!! Losing the Europa league didn't even make me do it....
I'm so happy and proud to have Clint back!!