watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene on Curbishley - SSN

Started by reepin, December 25, 2013, 03:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reepin

Rene has just been talking about Curbishley on SSN. He has said that he will be in charge of the first team on a day to day basis and Alan Curbishley will be another member of the first team coaching team to help us. Mentioned how Khan will give his support to strengthen the squad in January if the right players can be found. Also said that he still has good links with Man Utd and it is a possibility to get some younger players on loan if they will be useful to us.

:merry christmas:

Holders

It's interesting that Curbs will therefore effectvely be a coaching asst to Rene. I presume he just didn't get on with or rate McKinlay who had been with us since Coleman, I believe.

"If the right players can be found" sounds a bit more tenuous than I'd hoped since Rene identified the need to strengthen in his first interview. I'd have hoped that actions would already be in hand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

TheManOnTheBus

But the press release says they both report to AM; doesn't sound as if AC is assistant to RM.

filham

If Curbishley is here just to help out with coaching then why is he not given the job title of assistant coach. Sounds to me as if they are not reading from the same hymn sheet.

Jamie88

Quote from: filham on December 25, 2013, 06:02:34 PM
If Curbishley is here just to help out with coaching then why is he not given the job title of assistant coach. Sounds to me as if they are not reading from the same hymn sheet.

I'd assume it's just a title thing. The title of 'Technical Director' sounds more appealing to a manager of PL experience than just 'Assistant coach'

Nero

I see it as Rene said Im great at going forward but crap coaching at the back get someone in to sort them out and we should stay up