watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Norwich

Started by terryr, December 25, 2013, 05:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Almost didn't get round to it this time......
:merry christmas:

" Fulham have just re-signed Dempsey
Think he's available for Boxing Day"

"transfer window doesn't open til January 1st "

"I wish he was in the lineup vs us. He didn't do much at Seattle and hasn't played in a month or more so would be one less thing to worry about."

"Yep, he'll be there for the FA Cup tie, but not our league fixture.
Pleased about that. His arrival could well lift the players. As it is, they come down here without him, Berbatov a doubt, and both regular centre backs out injured (Hangeland & Senderos). We have a great opportunity to grab all three points. I just hope we go for it."

"If we drew on Boxing day how will people feel about it? Is 2 points against the bottom two enough to make people happy? Is it another game unbeaten? Another point to safety?
Personally if we draw, I'd take that. It's less points they would have gained on us. "

"If we draw it will be a complete disgrace. if the board don't follow the result with the immediate; sacking of hughton, hiring of Jimmy Carr, sale of the entire starting XI they are incompetent. "

"Why would you "take that", rather than be disappointed at another lost opportunity to separate us from the rabble?
Why even announce it? We don't need a loser mentality when 3 points are staring us in the face, there for the taking, AND in front of a home crowd. "

"A point a game average is all we need from here on in so I wouldn't be entirely disappointed. Couple that with Fulham's "bogey team" status and we might indeed have to settle for that.
It's not a must win but it's pretty close to a must not lose if we want to maintain the gap. A draw would be a bit of a disappointment but nothing is ever plain sailing.
However if we score first I believe we will win"

"A draw wouldn't be the worse result but as it seems Hangeland and Senderos will be missing with injury we should be able to win but it is Boxing Day and we are playing Fulham."

"A bogey team deserves the utmost respect, a point against a bogey team will always be acceptable, even if we are at home and they are in the bottom three, it's because of the bogey thing, don't expect much because they are a bogey team! "

"If we can beat Fulham, at home (so no excuses about playing for a point even though i was happy enough today etc). We will potentially be 9 points off 18th place provided Palace lose to Villa (entirely possible).
9 points at this end of the table is a humungous gap!
If we lose, we'll be 3 points off and within striking distance"

" Still only get 3 points for winning it though.
I hope we do but I think it's pretty well documented that I fear we won't win. They are a real bogey side. I really hope we lay the ghost to rest but failing that another draw would be better than a defeat..."

" It's a classic 6 pointer. Fulham are the most likely of the teams down there that will come back and catch us. If we can push them further in the mire, it will do us the world of good."

" We will get 3 points against them jImmy IMO, don't subscribe to this bogey team cr@p "

" I'd take 0-0 then beat Man. USA & Cry-stal Palace"

"I strongly believe in bogey teams.
A win would be superb but nothing is ever easy when we play Fulham."

"  In fairness, Fulham have the sign over us and have for as long as I can remember. From the Keegan, Karl-Heinz Riedle days through them beating us home and away in the Worthy prem season to Hoots opening salvo.."

" 6-0 for Norwich. The time for payback is long overdue. We won't be able to relegate them but, if they do go down at the end of the season their club and fans will be reflecting on this scoreline in the same way we did when we were last relegated from the top flight."

"Anyone know how long Berbatov is out for?"

"A difficult one to call - Fulham are playing much better since Jol left so I think we'll need to put in a performance like we did against Swansea in the second half if we want to get all three points from this one. "

"Important but not massive, we have the 6 point cushion. It is not a must win but it is a must not lose, same as palace away. Fulham have looked a lot brighter of late albeit Villa apart this has not translated into points. I do not think they will go down, their prospects look brighter then West Ham, Sunderland and Palace and how they perform against Cardiff will go a long way to deciding each clubs fate. Expect a difficult game  "

"Looking forward to this and about time we stuffed them "

Victor Meldrew

Thanks Terry, they are about as optimistic as us.

Count Berbatov

They are being realistic. Those talking about Fulham being a bogey team. You're in it. You don't see it. Emotions flying high and all. But from where I'm standing, your season just began. A draw would be great, but I think there's all the signs of   having a great performance and inevitably, a win.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Aaron

KP_FFC

Norwich have never scored a goal in a Premier League game on December 26th (four games).

SP

From The Wrath of the Barclay.  Snap up those FA Cup tickets:

'The most worrying thing for me personally is that I'm not enjoying going to the games any more. I just bored with the whole thing to do with the football. Still enjoy the before game get-together and banter but haven't enjoyed the football for a while.

Was always afraid of "success" as the best Norwich could ever hope for was mid-table at the very most which is the equivalent of Arsenal finishing in the top four where they belong.

The best players I've seen since the mid-60s apparently according to how much they cost yet I'm bored senseless by the style of play and lack of conviction.

Loved the time under Saunders, which again was never expansive but we had a system that all the players understood. Under Bond we had a bit of glamour and I loved that period.

Walker, Stringer/Williams, Lambert all gave me pride back in my club.

Now I just don't enjoy the football or the Premiership "so this is it then" atmosphere.

Don't know what else to say. Feel numb and a sense of foreboding. Fulham at home in the cup....no thanks.'

RoyTund

They are right about us being a bogey side for them;  We are unbeaten against Norwich in the past 13 matches (since March 1986) , winning 10, Scoring 29 conceding only 5!