more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker

Started by PaulJ123, December 26, 2013, 05:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

What a superb player.

His heart and passion is there for everyone to see but technically hes very good as well. Brilliant to see.

Deserves a call-up to the England squad in my opinion, would prefer him in and around Pirlo etc over Cleverley.

mccscratch

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

PokerMatt

Gives his all right to the very end.

Top pro and exactly the type we need in this battle. He's unflappable.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jamie88

Agree 1000%

You know its funny that several people slag him off in many of the match threads at times, and I for the life of me can't understand why.

Unfortunately, as he's only playing for little old Fulham these days, it would surprise me if he played for England again. Thought he certainly deserves it in my biased opinion :)

Fulham1959

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 26, 2013, 05:20:58 PM
Agree 1000%

You know its funny that several people slag him off in many of the match threads at times, and I for the life of me can't understand why.

Unfortunately, as he's only playing for little old Fulham these days, it would surprise me if he played for England again. Thought he certainly deserves it in my biased opinion :)

Case in point, today  :

"Parker cannot pass the ball today.... too many christmas drinks perhaps ;)"  -  after 12 mins !

Deanothefulhamfan

Parker was terrible at passing today.... I posted that quote and I stand by it.

That being said he is so hard working, his tackling is fantastic and his commitment is without question

For the record I am one of his biggest fan's, but in the match thread I post things as I see them

God The Mechanic

Yeah, Parker's passing really isn't very good.  But he brings other things to the team.  In the same way Sidwell's passing isn't too good, but he brings other things to the team.  When they're the only midfield it's an issue, but if there's a Kara or Kasami alongside them then it's probably gonna be fine.

jms

Best thing to happen to Fulham for a long time. Let's hope he keeps injury free. We needed a leader on the pitch, now we have one !
:Happy New Year:

SouthfieldWhite

Great signing great player and great captain, I tried to tap him up when he was at Spurs,;-)

His boy plays at the same club as my boy , real nice bloke aswell

grandad

A 100% professional. He has been round a bit but you would think he has had Fulham in his blood for years.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitesideup

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 26, 2013, 05:34:20 PM
Yeah, Parker's passing really isn't very good.  But he brings other things to the team.  In the same way Sidwell's passing isn't too good, but he brings other things to the team.  When they're the only midfield it's an issue, but if there's a Kara or Kasami alongside them then it's probably gonna be fine.

Totally agree. He is committed, makes a good tackle, scored a great, match-winning goal today, but we didn't control the game today from the centre of midfield. For me both he and Sidwell didn't make enough of the ball. But it seems any comment on his limitations rather than the lauding of his strong points draws the ire of many of the faithful. But I also agree that we need the qualities he brings but we also need creativity going forward, and I thought we missed Kara's contribution in that department today. 

FPT

Under Jol:

FFC-WBA: 74/84

FFC-CP: 59/63

FFC-MUFC: 47/54

WHU-FFC: 59/67

Under Rene:

FFC-THFC: 24/31

FFC-AVFC: 49/64

FFC-MCFC: 50/57

Today: 39/49

There's evidence there that Scott Parker is a good passer of the ball, but not in the generic sense. He's very effective at keeping the ball ticking, much like Joe Allen. With our tempo increased, he's perhaps struggling to find his target that quickly. Though if you look at vs. City, he's shown that he can have a decent passing percentage. He's not a Murphy, but he's a very competent passer of the ball, technically very good.

As for the original post, Scott Parker epitomises Rene's Fulham. He's the key cog now. He leads from the front and is a strong communicator. He's exactly the kind of player you need when you're in a relegation battle. Scrap that, he's the kind of player all teams need. Even one of the greatest club sides to ever exist, Barcelona, have that figure in Puyol, and even Xavi to an extent.

God The Mechanic

You really can't compare Parker to Xavi or Puyol ;) but I do get what you're saying, the "unglamorous" players. remember the Daily Mail headline... " the best players in the world... And Xavi".

But equally... Parker is glamorous in this team. Which is semi-damning.

God The Mechanic

As for those stats, I suppose you. Would look at him as a more forceful/imposing Carrick...

FPT

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 27, 2013, 03:55:13 AM
You really can't compare Parker to Xavi or Puyol ;) but I do get what you're saying, the "unglamorous" players. remember the Daily Mail headline... " the best players in the world... And Xavi".

But equally... Parker is glamorous in this team. Which is semi-damning.

When comparing to Puyol and Xavi, I meant the figure in the dressing room and on the pitch. That leader, the one that will put his body on the line for his team and his team mates.