watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Berbatov issue .. again

Started by Robbie, December 26, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Do we play him or not?  Side always looks unbalanced with the Maestro playing.

rockieroad

Hard to say. When he's on and interested to play he's great.  When he doesn't seem to interested it's infuriating. He brings a lot to the team but I'm not sure the team would be too hurt if he left. If he does leave I hope we snatch up a young striker in January.

The Equalizer

He's the only natural goal scorer we've got seeing as Bent never gets played, and his games under The Mule have been a breath of fresh air. Kasami has huge potential but is not a striker and Trabant couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I think we'll be striker shopping in January.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

nose

we would have been better with him today

Victor Meldrew

He will be the difference between West Ham and Sunderland when we play them, so yes. Might as well keep him fresh until then, but I think that was Rene's plan anyway. Is he really injured?  

callumc513

Berba or Taarabt as main striker, Rodallega as different (more direct) option.
Bent sent back.

mccscratch

I say sell him... he does not ever seem interested to me... Wants all the play to flow through him which makes us narrow..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

The Equalizer

The problem with that, Callum, is neither Rodallega or Taarabt know where the goal is. Bent needs to play instead of being on the bench, if not he needs to go. Still means shopping for strikers in Jan, and I wouldn't be bothered if Taarabt, Roda and Bent clear out in the winter sales.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Barrie

Surely there is not even a discussion to be had on this, given the return to form and appetite he has shown recently.  

Fulham_Surrey

I think he will be sold in the transfer window.

beijing ben

...'the Maestro'... Careful

I think he will leave rather than us deciding to sell him..

grandad

It doesn´t matter who is up top. It is the decent supply to them that is the problem. Parker can´t do it on his own. Kaca is not good enough to beat the full back on the outside & is unable to consistently cross decent balls. Look what Rodwell did today. Duff is now a waste of space. Ash is not yet completely fit. Sidwell tries hard but is not threatening enough. We still need another top creative midfielder. More of a worry is our defence. At times today they were all over the place. My heart is in my mouth at every set piece & cross.
Where there's a will there's a wife

win-dup

Berbatov, Bent, Taarabt all bloody useless and should be got rid of asap.

RidgeRider

Another thread about Berbatov and selling him???????  :dead horse:

It would be MADNESS to sell our best player. Just because we won without him doesn't mean we don't need him. He kept us up last season and will be one of the main reasons we stay out of relegation this season. He has played inspired football since Rene took over.....as has the rest of the squad.

farfouille

Quote from: win-dup on December 26, 2013, 06:50:03 PM

Thank God you are not Rene...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

filham

Whatever the selected team we seem always to play with a lone striker and we have Berbatov, Tarrbat, Bent and Rodders to choose from. If we are to sign a new striker then surely a couple of these have to go.

Every team in the lower half of the table wants a new striker, they don't come cheaply and really  we have more demanding priorities, a centre half and left back of quality would help us no end.

LBNo11

Quote from: Robbie on December 26, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

...point of order, please do NOT call him the Maestro, there was only one Maestro who deserved the name - thank you...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mccscratch

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 26, 2013, 07:26:21 PM
Quote from: Robbie on December 26, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

...point of order, please do NOT call him the Maestro, there was only one Maestro who deserved the name - thank you...

when I use the word Maestro in sport.... I always mean for it to refer to a player of superior class who makes the players around him better... Berba may fit the first part but for Fulham... often he makes those around him worse... not a Maestro in my eyes at all...Johnny Haynes or not...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

win-dup

Quote from: farfouille on December 26, 2013, 06:54:35 PM

how do you know I'm not?
sent from my ipad on the coach back from Norwich.

farfouille

Quote from: win-dup on December 26, 2013, 08:21:01 PM
Quote from: farfouille on December 26, 2013, 06:54:35 PM

how do you know I'm not?
sent from my ipad on the coach back from Norwich.

:))
D@mn, I have so many questions for you! Here's one: will you play Rodallega from the start against Hull?

sent from my far too old Dell
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen