watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NBC Extra Time ROKU streaming for Time Warner customers

Started by OHfulhamfan, December 26, 2013, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHfulhamfan

After weekly calls to complain to Time Warner  about their company's refusal to have the Extra Time, I actually got useful information. I was directed to download the Time Warner TV App and the Extra Time channels were available on my ROKU player. The picture quality is not HD, I would guess it's about 480p, but it is better than the crappy streams I have been using this year. This sould also work for tablets, lap tops, and smart phones.

jmh

Was today's match on there?  TWC carries Extra Time here in New York but the match at Norwich wasn't on any of the normal NBC channels.  The NBC Game Finder website says that matches not on Extra Time channels are made available to cable providers for broadcast on overflow channels, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I recently bought a Roku and have the Time Warner app but wouldn't have guessed it would show anything my normal cable didn't have.

OHfulhamfan

Yes it was. IN Ohio we only get NBC Sports with no Extra Time or Live Extra. I don't know if this is new, but all the Extra Time channels were there. I wouldn't have guessed it either.

jmh

Quote from: OHfulhamfan on December 26, 2013, 07:30:13 PM
Yes it was. IN Ohio we only get NBC Sports with no Extra Time or Live Extra. I don't know if this is new, but all the Extra Time channels were there. I wouldn't have guessed it either.
I'll have to look on there next time.  Thanks!

mccscratch

Quote from: jmh on December 26, 2013, 07:07:58 PM
Was today's match on there?  TWC carries Extra Time here in New York but the match at Norwich wasn't on any of the normal NBC channels.  The NBC Game Finder website says that matches not on Extra Time channels are made available to cable providers for broadcast on overflow channels, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I recently bought a Roku and have the Time Warner app but wouldn't have guessed it would show anything my normal cable didn't have.

NBC was allotted only 5 overflow slots with cable and satellite providers and there were 8 matches on at 10am ET... the main match on NBC Sports Net was WH vs Arsenal... the other 5 matches shown on overflow were Chelsea vs Swansea, Everton vs Sunderland, Newcastle vs Stoke, Spurs vs WBA and Cardiff vs Southampton... the two matches only shown via online streaming from NBC were Villa vs Palace and our match...

This only happens about once or twice a season as there are usually never more than 6 matches on in a time slot. First time all season that I have had to watch online instead of on the TV.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

bmasar

Quote from: mccscratch on December 26, 2013, 07:36:48 PM
Quote from: jmh on December 26, 2013, 07:07:58 PM
Was today's match on there?  TWC carries Extra Time here in New York but the match at Norwich wasn't on any of the normal NBC channels.  The NBC Game Finder website says that matches not on Extra Time channels are made available to cable providers for broadcast on overflow channels, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I recently bought a Roku and have the Time Warner app but wouldn't have guessed it would show anything my normal cable didn't have.

NBC was allotted only 5 overflow slots with cable and satellite providers and there were 8 matches on at 10am ET... the main match on NBC Sports Net was WH vs Arsenal... the other 5 matches shown on overflow were Chelsea vs Swansea, Everton vs Sunderland, Newcastle vs Stoke, Spurs vs WBA and Cardiff vs Southampton... the two matches only shown via online streaming from NBC were Villa vs Palace and our match...

This only happens about once or twice a season as there are usually never more than 6 matches on in a time slot. First time all season that I have had to watch online instead of on the TV.

Not sure if you are only referring to a specific cable provider. Cox in San Diego had 7 overflow channels, plus NBCSN working for the 10 am EST matches. The early and late games were also on. All 10 were available to me.

jmh

Revisiting this topic: the TWC app on my Roku player only has the same five Extra Time channels as are available on my cable box, so I guess I'm out of luck.  TWC is pretty useless.