watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

few players we should look at?

Started by tonynorton, December 27, 2013, 09:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonynorton

There is a few players about who we could pick up in jan and in summer that wouldnt break the bank.

Buttner LB
Danny rose LB
Jack cork CM
Jake livermore CM
Frimpong CM
Dembele AM (would be expensive)
Gayle ST
Redmond ST

Anyone wanna add a few

JackyFulham90

Rene has ruled out Buttner, Gable won't leave Palace he only joined them in August but I agree with a few on there that would make good additions to our squad

Emmanuel Frimpong & Jack Cork

Both young with plenty of energy exactly what we need

Zu-Meister

wer being linked with michael bradley

Northern Cottager

Quote from: tonynorton on December 27, 2013, 09:54:05 AM
There is a few players about who we could pick up in jan and in summer that wouldnt break the bank.

Buttner LB
Danny rose LB
Jack cork CM
Jake livermore CM
Frimpong CM
Gayle ST
Redmond ST

Anyone wanna add a few

Is that Dwight Gayle!? He's done nothing bar score a decent effort yesterday. Bolasie is a more exciting player for Palace.

Rose has now got back into the Spuds side but I'd love to see Dembele back whole Dempsey is here.

tonynorton

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 27, 2013, 10:19:16 AM
Quote from: tonynorton on December 27, 2013, 09:54:05 AM

Buttner LB
Danny rose LB
Jack cork CM
Jake livermore CM
Frimpong CM
Gayle ST
Redmond ST

Anyone wanna add a few

Is that Dwight Gayle!? He's done nothing bar score a decent effort yesterday. Bolasie is a more exciting player for Palace.

Rose has now got back into the Spuds side but I'd love to see Dembele back whole Dempsey is here.

I think d gayle in the right hands could be awesome he has played for two very poor technical managers in the top flight.

But I really like bolaise and jendak aswell.

Jake livermore is a beast at the minute

Jamie88

Wouldn't want Buttner from what I've seen of him I'm afraid..although we do seem heavily linked to him
Would love to see us get Aaron Cresswell, young championship left back we've been linked to and I've seen him a couple of times and looks very good

Craven Mad

Livermore & Redmond wouldn't currently be allowed to leave for us.

I'd love to see us go for a couple of higher quality prem players, who are young(ish) and aren't getting match time - e.g. Rodwell, Cleverly (is currently getting matches, but now Carrick and Fletcher are back, including rumours of buying Cabaye, may be surplus to req.), deBruyne, Richards, practically anyone from spurs (stupidly large squad), Hernandez, Long, Sinclair, Young, Anderson, Zaha, Ba.

A few other names I'd love us to consider; Sam Byram, Will Hughes, Tom Ince, (all Champs. players), Defour, clasie, Nainggolan, Blind, Dier (an Englishman abroad).

Obviously I'm not calling for every player on the list, but one or two purchases, and a loan would be ideal.

Jack Fulham

Deanothefulhamfan

We could get buttner and maybe Cork, and we could also get Frimpong but why on earth would we bother?

Cresswell would be a good addition, as would hughes from Derby

FPT

Alex Buttner LB - Pretty poor, nothing better than we already have, just younger.
Danny Rose LB - Wouldn't be a bad bet, was good at Sunderland last season.
Jack Cork CM - Wouldn't set the world alight, he's ok, I'm personally not a fan, would just be an option.
Jake livermore CM - On loan at Hull so wouldn't be available until the summer.
Frimpong CM - Maybe, if Boateng was to leave, I thought he was decent in his loan here.
Dembele AM (would be expensive) - As you say, bloody expensive, but certainly worth the money. Unlikely.
Gayle ST - Not the type of striker we need.
Redmond ST - A winger, not a striker, unlikely to leave Norwich, especially without progression of club.

For me:

Filip Đorđević - 26 year old Serbian striker playing for Nantes in Ligue 1. Contract runs out in the summer. Scored 21 in Ligue 2 last year, currently on 8 after Nantes' promotion. Could be a rough diamond.

Anderson - Can ease the pressure on Giorgos Karagounis. He's comfortable on the ball with an effective passing range and competent defensively and offensively. Possible relationship with Rene Meulensteen from Manchester United.

Radja Nainggolan - Belgian central midfielder, 25, plays for Cagliari. Available for €6.5m, which is about £5m? Bargain. He's box-to-box with a strong passing ability, would add much needed legs into an aging midfield.

Ivan Rakitic - Absolutely wonderful deep lying playmaker for Sevilla, competent in the number 10 role as well. Would be pricey but worth the risk.

Alfred Finnbogason - 24 years old Icelandic striker for Heerenveen. Hard worker and great finisher, though the Eredivisie can be a lucky dip when it comes to goalscoring strikers. You can't argue with 17 goals in 15 games already this season following, 28 goals in 35 games last year.

Tom Ince - Beautiful left foot. Can play on either wing, can score goals and get crosses into the box. Contract expires at the end of the year so could be available for cheap, use a loan back for the rest of a season as a weight for the deal.

Will Hughes - Extremely unlikely. Would cost £15m upwards, but such a fantastic talent. The closest England have to an Iniesta.

Michael Bradley - Strong central midfielder, a younger, more talented Steve Sidwell and would further help key relations in America.

west kowloon white

Thank you FPT,nice to see a few names hadn't heard of being used to fill a few column inches by the usual journo's.
Would be great if Khan dug deep to buy a promising Ince or better still Hughes but having watched a couple of Championship games over the hol's,there is a gulf in levels-even silky Michael Brown looked reasonable -found the perfect club for his "talent",thought he'd be in the conference by now.

LukeJennings

Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
Alex Buttner LB - Pretty poor, nothing better than we already have, just younger.
Jack Cork CM - Wouldn't set the world alight, he's ok, I'm personally not a fan, would just be an option.
Frimpong CM - Maybe, if Boateng was to leave, I thought he was decent in his loan here.
Dembele AM (would be expensive) - As you say, bloody expensive, but certainly worth the money. Unlikely.
Redmond ST - A winger, not a striker, unlikely to leave Norwich, especially without progression of club.

For me:

Filip Đorđević - 26 year old Serbian striker playing for Nantes in Ligue 1. Contract runs out in the summer. Scored 21 in Ligue 2 last year, currently on 8 after Nantes' promotion. Could be a rough diamond.

Anderson - Can ease the pressure on Giorgos Karagounis. He's comfortable on the ball with an effective passing range and competent defensively and offensively. Possible relationship with Rene Meulensteen from Manchester United.

Radja Nainggolan - Belgian central midfielder, 25, plays for Cagliari. Available for €6.5m, which is about £5m? Bargain. He's box-to-box with a strong passing ability, would add much needed legs into an aging midfield.

Ivan Rakitic - Absolutely wonderful deep lying playmaker for Sevilla, competent in the number 10 role as well. Would be pricey but worth the risk.

Alfred Finnbogason - 24 years old Icelandic striker for Heerenveen. Hard worker and great finisher, though the Eredivisie can be a lucky dip when it comes to goalscoring strikers. You can't argue with 17 goals in 15 games already this season following, 28 goals in 35 games last year.

Tom Ince - Beautiful left foot. Can play on either wing, can score goals and get crosses into the box. Contract expires at the end of the year so could be available for cheap, use a loan back for the rest of a season as a weight for the deal.

Will Hughes - Extremely unlikely. Would cost £15m upwards, but such a fantastic talent. The closest England have to an Iniesta.

Michael Bradley - Strong central midfielder, a younger, more talented Steve Sidwell and would further help key relations in America.

Alfred Finnbogason is a great finisher and has a good all round ability to his game, I 'follow' (check out the score watch a stream when possible, play as them on FIFA) Hereenveen as 'my preferred Dutch team' and from what I've seen of him he can definitely play football! The top scorer in the Dutch league for an arguably much weaker team. The Fulham of the Dutch league in many ways, which bode's well for scoring so many, I have heard the likes of Liverpool interested in him though
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

@jolslover

i rate buttner and reckon he would be a decent signing.
i think we need a CB
would love a creative cm, dembele, will hughes and naingolan would be a dream but would settle for anderson, i think hes decent
and would also like a striker, hernandez would be great as hes not playing for united, would also like shane long or john guidetti
STH H3

Craven Mad

I'd also look at Mame Diouf and Kaboul, both out of contract in July so could be picked up cheaper than expected..

callumc513

Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

For me:

I saw Barcelona - Sevilla earlier this year and Rakitic was very impressive. Confident on the ball, worked his arse off and he can really launch an effective counter attack. There's hardly any chance we'd ever be able to get him but I think he'd be a perfect signing.

zschwartz

If fulham could seriously make an offer for Michael Bradley that would be golden. The guy will make any team he joins better. I like sidwell a lot and parker but they can't last forever. If you want a slightly younger man of that mold then bradley is the guy.

JackyFulham90

3 players that would make us a very decent side & all very realistic

Steven Taylor - When fit is a very good defender, a threat for set pieces
Anderson - Unlikely he will come to us but what a signing he would be
Mame Diouf - Pacey striker would be a good signing