watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts yesterday

Started by JackyFulham90, December 27, 2013, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Great performance in the fact we didn't fold when 1-0 down we kept going & fully deserved the late winner.

Stockdale - Nervous 20 minutes but was very good after that unfortunate to sit on the sides he is a very good keeper
Riether - Not one of his best games but his header off the line was key to this result
Amorebieta - I thought he was decent today I think we will see a better Amorebieta next season when he fully settles
Hughes - Reliable as usual never let's the team down
Richardson - Was surprised he started over Riise but he did okay at Left Back today they didn't trouble him too much today
Parker - His passing was a bit off today but what a goal, what character he has led by example, brilliant summer signing for us
Sidwell - Not one of his best games but broke up the game well
Kasami - Great free kick, bundles of energy should be a regular in central midfield
Duff - Not sure why he started over Dejagah, missed a great chance, worked hard but little impact on the game
Taarabt - Such a skillful player, wasn't at his levels of last week but did a good job in the number 9 role
Kacaniklic - He is a decent young player I just wish he would take more responsibility & have more shots
Dejagah - Added much needed pace to our attack, hope he starts at Hull
Rodallega - Worked hard looked a bit rusty after his injury lay off.

Considering we were missing Stekelenburg,  Senderos, Hangeland,  Berbatov through injury this was a brilliant result & good solid performance! Bring on Hull,  COYW

RaySmith

You're right - it's the attitude that's impressive.

Who would have expected us to come back to win after going a goal down away?

JackyFulham90

Yeah we showed great character to come from behind to win an important game

Basil

Interesting summary and agree with most of that. Any reason why standout performer Kasami not mentioned? He was fantastic, combative and creative.

Andy S

An interesting take on the game that I cannot comment on as I was not there. But players carry injuries over a period of time and are not always 100% fit with so many games in such a short space of time somebody who is only 75% fit is not going to play on Thursday and Saturday and again on Wednesday. Especially if they are the wrong side of thirty. The coaching staff will weigh up who we are playing against their strengths and weaknesses and play the team that can be most effective

SimpleTactics

would give more credit to Richardson who really stepped up and made some crucial interceptions / tackles.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with most of what you say, but also agree with simpletactics. Richardson made a reallypreally good challenge when it was 1-0.
Kasami was also my motm