watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene seems to managing the squad well

Started by leonffc, December 27, 2013, 02:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Whilst moyes is accused of not knowing his best team at UTD because he keeps chopping and changing without really getting them to click, Rene seems to have us playing with great fluidity at times but is constantly changing the starting line up. Whether that is down to injuries, tactics or just keeping an aging squad fresh I think he's managing it well and deserves credit for it. Especially over the busy Christmas period.
I would imagine Riise will be back in at Hull (on the guess work that he was rested rather than dropped), but Richardson played well at LB yesterday as he did at LM last week where Rene also used him as a striker when Taarabt dropped deep.
Duff and Karagounis are being used sensibly due to their age. Dejagah is in and out and I suspect this depends on the opposition or sports science.

Well done Rene   :medal:

ToodlesMcToot

I'm really hopeful that we'll see a youngster or two vs Hull.

Also, really curious to see who starts at LM since Richardson, Kasami, and Kaca all went pretty much 90 and Duff was off at around 60'. I believe Rodallega has played left sided in the past, but that doesn't seem a smart choice.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Skatzoffc

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2013, 02:03:31 PM
Whilst moyes is accused of not knowing his best team at UTD because he keeps chopping and changing without really getting them to click, Rene seems to have us playing with great fluidity at times but is constantly changing the starting line up. Whether that is down to injuries, tactics or just keeping an aging squad fresh I think he's managing it well and deserves credit for it. Especially over the busy Christmas period.
I would imagine Riise will be back in at Hull (on the guess work that he was rested rather than dropped), but Richardson played well at LB yesterday as he did at LM last week where Rene also used him as a striker when Taarabt dropped deep.
Duff and Karagounis are being used sensibly due to their age. Dejagah is in and out and I suspect this depends on the opposition or sports science.

Well done Rene   :medal:

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

sims48

Since Rene came in, I must say I have felt very positive as a Fulham fan, maybe the most positive i have felt in the last year!

FPT

The FA Cup game at Norwich breaks up the Christmas period and the Premier League returns to normality. Would anybody complain if we played some of the U21s? Give Aaron Hughes, Scott Parker, Giorgos Karagounis and Steve Sidwell and give some vital minutes to the younger players within the squad.

Also, that FA Cup game could be the first start of Clint Dempsey's return. Would be surprised to see him start vs. West Ham.

hovewhite

I agree the norwich cup gam would b a chance for some of the u21 s and put more prssure on the first team to continue performing.

Holders

I'd be happy to see Dempsey get some match practice and some youngsters a run-out in the cup game as I don't think the result matters a jot this season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

leonffc

Quote from: Holders on December 27, 2013, 04:30:35 PM
I'd be happy to see Dempsey get some match practice and some youngsters a run-out in the cup game as I don't think the result matters a jot this season.

I take it you havent shelled out for a match and train ticket then?

I think dempsey will certainly get a run out. I'd like to see some kids on the bench or maybe even one starting but I'm not sure about whole sale changes.
I would think Ruiz will get a run out too although he might get game time in our next few games depending on the fitness of others

Holders

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2013, 04:38:39 PM

I think dempsey will certainly get a run out. I'd like to see some kids on the bench or maybe even one starting but I'm not sure about whole sale changes.
I would think Ruiz will get a run out too although he might get game time in our next few games depending on the fitness of others

I think the league is far more important, given the position we're in, don't you?

leonffc

Quote from: Holders on December 27, 2013, 04:40:35 PM

I think the league is far more important, given the position we're in, don't you?

Of course I do but as I've said, Rene is managing the squad well so if he has fresh players that he thinks can win the game then use them. All I meant by my comment was that I dont want to go to norwich to see us lose, I want a win!
also, winning breeds confidence. If we are going in to that game on a 4 game unbeaten run then I think it would be good to make it 5 going into the following league game. Plus a cup run could lift the players and fans alike.

Holders

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2013, 04:59:17 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 27, 2013, 04:40:35 PM

Of course I do but as I've said, Rene is managing the squad well so if he has fresh players that he thinks can win the game then use them. All I meant by my comment was that I dont want to go to norwich to see us lose, I want a win!
also, winning breeds confidence. If we are going in to that game on a 4 game unbeaten run then I think it would be good to make it 5 going into the following league game. Plus a cup run could lift the players and fans alike.

I don't disagree with any of that, except that a cup run would have to be secondary to the league in terms of players selected. In fact, it would be good to see Ruiz and Dempsey link up again as some of their interplay before was almost telepathic.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: sims48 on December 27, 2013, 03:18:15 PM
Since Rene came in, I must say I have felt very positive as a Fulham fan, maybe the most positive i have felt in the last year!
:clap_hands: me too, the future is White and Bright

Count Berbatov

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2013, 02:03:31 PM

Well done Rene   :medal:
The biggest mistake Moyes made was to let go off some of the SAF staff. Rene would have allowed him to pick up where Sir Alex left off. But...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

leonffc

5 starters from the Norwich game. Parker rested (or injured?) which is a big shout. It reiterates my point that Rene is managing it well in this period although the final result may prove me wrong, he's giving it a go. And it's still a team capable winning!

leonffc

jj____

Fulham1959

Quote from: leonffc on December 28, 2013, 04:20:13 PM
OK I was wrong

Not to worry.

When do Fulham ever win 2 consecutive matches - regardless of whether home, away or both ? !