watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer rumour

Started by SimpleTactics, December 27, 2013, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleTactics

I have seen a few articles linking us with Roma's Bradley. Not only is he the fresh midfielder we need but after seeing several of his performances he is very consistent and would also link in well with fellow country man Dempsey and former team mate Stek.

ToodlesMcToot

Nothing against our club, but I can't see him taking a step back. He's young and about to be given de Rossi's role in that club which just happens to be in his preferred league.

His father would tell him to follow Klinsman's advice on being a 24/7 player (good reading: http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/klinsmann-explains-and-keeps-explained-his-use-of-247/?_r=0) and stick with his club and get to the Champions Lge or move to a perennial Champions Lge club.

So, much as I think he would solve a loooong term issue for us, I can't see it happening.....ever.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SimpleTactics

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 27, 2013, 04:44:38 PM
Nothing against our club, but I can't see him taking a step back. He's young and about to be given de Rossi's role in that club which just happens to be in his preferred league.

His father would tell him to follow Klinsman's advice on being a 24/7 player (good reading: http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/klinsmann-explains-and-keeps-explained-his-use-of-247/?_r=0) and stick with his club and get to the Champions Lge or move to a perennial Champions Lge club.

So, much as I think he would solve a loooong term issue for us, I can't see it happening.....ever.

they are looking to sell him on only if they manage to buy Nainggolan who has proven to be one of the best in their league.

Still believe

I'd love to see this happen, Bradley is a solid hardworker that often does not get the credit he deserves.  I think he'd fit in great at Fulham.  It's true that new Roma coach Rudi Garcia seems to prefer to start with Strootman / De Rossi / Pjanic when possible... maybe we can hope for a loan deal if we are promising regular games before the World Cup?  My only worry is that Roma's American owners may not want to let him go...

FPT

The initials reports came from a guy called Gianluca Di Marzio; the same guy that said we were going to sign Stekelenburg. Also, the same guy that said Scott Parker was coming to Fulham when the BBC and Sky Sports were saying he was set for QPR.

As SimpleTactics said, Roma are interested in signing Radja Nainggolan from Cagliari, but much like with the other Italian sides, they're feeling the financial pressures. Roma's have spent big in the last few years:

This season: €69m
Last season: €16m
Season before: €83m

Compare that to their transfer income:

This season: €69m
Last season: €18m
Season before: €25.7m

Although they've balanced their spending in the past two years, they're still feeling the repercussions of three years ago, not helped by not qualifying for the Champions League since 2010/11. The next year they were knocked out of the qualifying round of the Europa League.

Now, they look certain to help Juventus push for the name of the Serie A, but their desire is Radja Nainggolan, and if they need to sell Bradley for them to buy the Belgian, then they will, and I'm sure Shahid Khan would love what that transfer could do both on, and off of the pitch.

Nightwind15

With Bradley man of our problems would be solved.  He and Scott Parker would be a great tandem.  
I played in the first match I ever saw!

cmg

Quote from: SimpleTactics on December 27, 2013, 05:15:50 PM

they are looking to sell him on only if they manage to buy Nainggolan who has proven to be one of the best in their league.

This would be the same Nainggolan that we might have picked up a year ago for the same sort of money that Bradley would cost now?

Craven Mad

Bradley would be fantastic. Him and Demps in Jan should excite Kahn, by pushing the idea of the US-link, enabling some additional funds on top - could prove a shrewd move by Rene, if it comes to fruition...

ToodlesMcToot

Well, I hope I'm proven wrong and he does come. Would be a defining moment for our club, I think.

I still doubt that the player would approve of the move as I believe he's working up the ladder toward a Champions League club.

Perhaps he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder to prove he's better than what Villa gave him credit for.

YankeeJim

Bradley is likely the most talented American out there. He is a bit of a cross between Parker and Sidwell. He has an excellent motor, breaks of plays, tosses in the odd goal and has a decent pass in him. What he is not is the creative mid that we have lacked forever. He would be a great addition but as I said, he is similar to what we have.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Pluto

Would be a great signing. A real deep lying playmaker.

jmh

Is he?  De Rossi is only 30 (four years older than Bradley) and is still one of the best midfielders in Serie A.  The 37-year-old Francesco Totti is demonstrating to them (leading Serie A with 3.4 key passes per game and 0.5 accurate through balls per game) that age is just a number.  Plus, he's a local product who's been with the club since he was a teenager, and is still a regular (and vice captain) for Italy.  He's probably got another four or five years left as a top-caliber player.  Is Roma really going to phase him out so soon?

(Andrea Pirlo would seem to be a cautionary tale for them.)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jmh on December 27, 2013, 07:23:56 PM
Is he?  De Rossi is only 30 (four years older than Bradley) and is still one of the best midfielders in Serie A.  The 37-year-old Francesco Totti is demonstrating to them (leading Serie A with 3.4 key passes per game and 0.5 accurate through balls per game) that age is just a number.  Plus, he's a local product who's been with the club since he was a teenager, and is still a regular (and vice captain) for Italy.  He's probably got another four or five years left as a top-caliber player.  Is Roma really going to phase him out so soon?

(Andrea Pirlo would seem to be a cautionary tale for them.)

Feel certain that I've read that more than once from reasonably reliable sources, though it has not been recent (last season). Quite possible that it was driven by big money external interest in De Rossi's services.

Like I said, I'd be happy to be wrong if it meant Bradley to Fulham was true. No offers from Fulham or the Cardiff (I believe that's the supposed other interested party) have been submitted as of yet.

KP_FFC

highly doubt it he's too good for us

and who in their right mind would leave a team in 2nd place in serie A to come to a team 18th in the bpl

YankeeJim

Quote from: KP_FFC on December 27, 2013, 09:11:21 PM
highly doubt it he's too good for us

and who in their right mind would leave a team in 2nd place in serie A to come to a team 18th in the bpl

WC is coming. He's going to want a lot of pitch time.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Ichabod Magoo

Bradley plays very conservatively for Roma.  Usually passes back or to the side which is why his passing accuracy is so high.  However he is very good at intercepting passes, but has been slow at starting the counter attack.  I assume that Garcia wants him to play that way.  When he plays for the US, he can be quite aggressive and quick on the counter and joins in the attack fairly frequently.  But he also is a strong defender.

If he came and depending on how RM used him, he could be quite effective OR similar to what they already have and a waste of money.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

PaulUMD

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 28, 2013, 03:57:07 AM
Bradley plays very conservatively for Roma.  Usually passes back or to the side which is why his passing accuracy is so high.  However he is very good at intercepting passes, but has been slow at starting the counter attack.  I assume that Garcia wants him to play that way.  When he plays for the US, he can be quite aggressive and quick on the counter and joins in the attack fairly frequently.  But he also is a strong defender.

If he came and depending on how RM used him, he could be quite effective OR similar to what they already have and a waste of money.

Last year when Zeman was in charge, Bradley was very quick on the counter which is part of why he was starting over DeRossi.  He's capable of that, though he's much better as a destroyer who covers your back 4 and dictates the pace of the game like he does for the US. 

Craven Mad

Quote from: PaulUMD on December 28, 2013, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 28, 2013, 03:57:07 AM

Last year when Zeman was in charge, Bradley was very quick on the counter which is part of why he was starting over DeRossi.  He's capable of that, though he's much better as a destroyer who covers your back 4 and dictates the pace of the game like he does for the US. 

Both really good points, nice analysis.

Bradley has a great versatility, so even if he is used in the same way as our CMs are now, he will (at worst) be an upgrade, and a younger one at that.

Would be delighted if this came true.