watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami - The White Yaya Toure?

Started by FPT, December 27, 2013, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Three or four times this season I've seen Pajtim Kasami make a brilliant strong burst forward culminating in a shot that tests the keeper.

Although Yaya Toure is obviously the better of the pair, I see no reason in why we could not develop Pajtim Kasami into the white/Swiss Yaya Toure who can not only complete 100 passes a match, but become a physical force going forward.

In time, I do expect Pajtim to become the quarterback instead of the trequartista, and after scoring 3, all very different goals, he's our joint Premier League top goal scorer.

It's inevitable that he'll leave at some point, especially with an agent like Mino Raiola, but he's become a bit of a hero this season; one of the few that can hold there heads high during Martin Jol's tenure this season. The possibilities are endless, and maybe this post could help you realise his physical presence going forward if you haven't already.

Danitar

We need to tie this kid down to a long term contract. I know it's difficult to do with our position but if we treble his wages he would sign surely.

Bassey the warrior

Quality player. He's improved so much over the course of the season. He can't be dropped after that performance surely?

Bill2

Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2013, 09:10:12 PM
Three or four times this season I've seen Pajtim Kasami make a brilliant strong burst forward culminating in a shot that tests the keeper.

Although Yaya Toure is obviously the better of the pair, I see no reason in why we could not develop Pajtim Kasami into the white/Swiss Yaya Toure who can not only complete 100 passes a match, but become a physical force going forward.

In time, I do expect Pajtim to become the quarterback instead of the trequartista, and after scoring 3, all very different goals, he's our joint Premier League top goal scorer.

It's inevitable that he'll leave at some point, especially with an agent like Mino Raiola, but he's become a bit of a hero this season; one of the few that can hold there heads high during Martin Jol's tenure this season. The possibilities are endless, and maybe this post could help you realise his physical presence going forward if you haven't already.
I have seen Kasami burst forward and really mess up, he cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Toure. Personally I have not seen anything in him that others do and personaly think he is poor and makes far too many mistakes. He had a good game against man u but other than that he runs around a lot but don't see very much end product.

leonffc

He's a good young player. Certainly no Yaya Toure but slightly better than Bills assessment

YankeeJim

Quote from: Bill2 on December 27, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2013, 09:10:12 PM

I have seen Kasami burst forward and really mess up, he cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Toure. Personally I have not seen anything in him that others do and personaly think he is poor and makes far too many mistakes. He had a good game against man u but other than that he runs around a lot but don't see very much end product.

Didn't know we were talking about Dembele.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

I agree with that Leon but I hope that he is still young enough to show a lot more improvement and then we can judge him again. In a way it is like Kaca. How ever good he is he is not the finished article and there is plenty of room for more

Ichabod Magoo

Yaya is the best at his position in the league.  He is a monster.  Kasami is a decent player who shows flashes of high quality occasionally but comparing him to Yaya is fallacy even if he improves his performance and consistency.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Deanothefulhamfan

Kasami has been one of our best performers this season, and find Bill's comments a little harsh.

I think the OP realises that Yaya is one of the best player's in the world, but was merely pointing out they share a similar playing style. Over time and with some development I agree with the OP.

Someone compared parker to Xavi the other day, obviously they are on different levels but share similar traits in someone's eyes. Nothing wrong with that.

I can see Kasami being sold to a big club in the summer though