watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami again but let down by the BBC

Started by Nick Bateman, December 27, 2013, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Very glad Kasami scored again but am still annoyed by BBC's Match Of the Day Goal Of The Month new system, in which they completely allow supporters to 'text' who should be given this award.

Obviously the larger club will receive the most votes, so it was of no surprise that Jack Wilshire's "average" tap-in won over Pajtim Kasami's genuine wonder goal that one will probably never see again in one's lifetime!!

Wilshire received 50% of the votes to Kasami's 25%.  fp.gif

This makes a complete mockery of the GOTM and one can see, every month is won by one of the greater supported clubs, and some great goals are not credited fittingly.

I've made a complaint to BBC about this and I'd suggest every Fulham fan do the same, as one of the goals in-a-lifetime is relegated to memory without receiving its just due.  096.gig
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Andy S

andrewscott

jack Wilshire seemed to agree at the time. wake up BBC.

callumc513

Although I agree with this mostly, Wilshere's goal clearly wasn't just a 'tap in'.
An excellent team goal which deserved credit, but better than Kasami's? Debatable.

chiefo

Check out the various youtube clips of Kasami's goal and the number of hits received along with comments. Would suggest debate over.

filham

That's it then, a Fulham player will never again win the BBC goal of the month competition, unless of course they see the error of their ways and revert back to a panel of experts.

WhiteJC

Quote from: filham on December 28, 2013, 10:08:17 AM
That's it then, a Fulham player will never again win the BBC goal of the month competition, unless of course they see the error of their ways and revert back to a panel of experts.

in which case we definatly will never win  :023:

simplyfulham

But Nick, you're failing to see the bigger picture...

... The bbc make money off those text votes.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 28, 2013, 01:43:52 PM
But Nick, you're failing to see the bigger picture...

... The bbc make money off those text votes.

Of course I realise that GREED is good when it comes to choosing the best goals scored in the Premier League.  They did this once before for "Sports Personality Of The Year" and Ryan Giggs won by a landslide.  They ceased using that system for SPOTY, so why introduce it for Match Of The Day when they know it is a flawed approach?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"