watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale

Started by Jambo, December 28, 2013, 04:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

I do find the argument a bit "chicken and egg".  Looking to make an impact, I do feel Stockdale was unfortunate to be part of that team today, but the goalie should inspire confidence in the defence and vice versa.

nose

I don't think some of you would know a good footballer if he bit you on the leg

but for stockers the score could have been far worse, he was by a mile our MoM. he commanded the area, narrowed angles, made a few spectacular saves when he had no business too and was confonted by a midfield that melted away at the first sign of a hull player. none of it was his fault (OK maybe he could have done a bit better with the 6th) and i dread to think what might have happened if steckers, the man that doesn't come for a catch or evven a punch most of the time, would have been there.

stockdale is a very good goalkeeper that really deserves a far longer run in the team.

alfie

Quote from: nose on December 28, 2013, 11:20:01 PM
I don't think some of you would know a good footballer if he bit you on the leg

but for stockers the score could have been far worse, he was by a mile our MoM. he commanded the area, narrowed angles, made a few spectacular saves when he had no business too and was confonted by a midfield that melted away at the first sign of a hull player. none of it was his fault (OK maybe he could have done a bit better with the 6th) and i dread to think what might have happened if steckers, the man that doesn't come for a catch or evven a punch most of the time, would have been there.

stockdale is a very good goalkeeper that really deserves a far longer run in the team.

The difference is if Steckers had been there it would have been a different game anyway, Stockers gets the ball kicks upfield, Steckers gets the ball and may just have rolled it to someone, it is impossible to compare as the shape of the game would have been totally different.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't