watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale

Started by Jambo, December 28, 2013, 04:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

I don't post on here often now but have read with some amazement the calls for Stockdale over Stek....... Please no more..... Please.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

EJL

Quote from: Jambo on December 28, 2013, 04:43:36 PM
I don't post on here often now but have read with some amazement the calls for Stockdale over Stek....... Please no more..... Please.
Stockdale is the only player with any credibility left after that match. Just like Guzan's performance against Chelsea last season, the scoreline doesn't reflect how well he played.

Jambo

Quote from: EJL on December 28, 2013, 04:55:30 PM
Stockdale is the only player with any credibility left after that match. Just like Guzan's performance against Chelsea last season, the scoreline doesn't reflect how well he played.

With all due respect, did you watch the game?  He is clearly unfit and resembles Mark Crossley, this results in him being slows to get down to shots that are wide of him.  he tipped a freekick from 40 yards onto the bar when most keepers if in the right position would have caught and as for the last goal... well.  I'm NOT blaming him for the result completely to a man we where shocking but Stockdale coming out with credit????? Come on.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: EJL on December 28, 2013, 04:55:30 PM

Not sure about that to be honest, if that was Stek playing today he'd have got a real battering on this board. Stockdale was poor today, not the only one mind.

Jags

Simple fact is Hull wanted it a lot more. It wasn't like they got lucky. They slammed us for 6 in 35 minutes. Took the gamble changing things too much but can't take it away from Hull. Their team wanted it more & they were clinical in their finishing.

Still believe

Stockdale saved us much further embarrassment today but  Stek edges it for me...

Deanothefulhamfan

Stockdale was the best player on the pitch for 45 minutes.... he was at fault for 2 goals, but Stek would have conceded just as many without a defense in front of him....

Stefano Okaka Chuka

He is not to blame for the result itself, but he is obviously the second keeper for a reason. At least 2 pf the six goals we gave away were his direct responsibility.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

mullers

I wish some players we've seen in the white shirt matched Stockdale's performances when he's in the team. He may be a number two keeper, but he's never looked disinterested like too many of the others and he's always given his best. How many others can claim that over the last eighteen months?

EJL

You wanted him to catch that free kick? Look at the camera angle behind Huddlestone for the goal and tell me that again. It was moving like crazy in the air; there was absolutely no way he could've caught it.

Not gonna respond to people starting their posts with "DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME?" anymore. Such an obnoxious thing to say.

Lighthouse

I think Stockers was ill served by the players infront of him. I don't think Rodders had a decent pass all game either. We have to admit that only half the players turned up for the game at the start. In the second period the half that had turned up all went home leaving us with the sort of performance we have come to accept under Jol.

Willing to let this one slide knowing we have a poor squad and now Rene knows it too. We didn't know the second half against a very poor Hull side would turn out so bad and now our Goal difference is awful too. But putting any blame on players for mistakes when most of the eleven contributed nothing makes no sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Deanothefulhamfan

Most goalies in the league would have conceded the freekick... including our number 1 imo

Artful Dodger

They were all terrible, with the possible exception of Kasami who at least looked like he cared and tried to move towards their goal rather than ours.
As for Stockdale, he pulled off a couple of decent saves and didn't have much chance with most - perhaps the free kick should have been tipped over and the 6th goal looked a bit dodgy but from the other end of the ground it was difficult to tell. There were far worse players than Stockdale today.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Nightwind15

Stockdale is quality but I miss Shwarzer!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 28, 2013, 05:11:50 PM
Stockdale was the best player on the pitch for 45 minutes.... he was at fault for 2 goals, but Stek would have conceded just as many without a defense in front of him....

Completely agree with all of this.

One Martin Thomas

and the defence need something in front of them.  Protection. 

ron

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 28, 2013, 09:33:27 PM

and the defence need something in front of them.  Protection. 

He must have felt like a grouse on the Glorious Twelfth standing in front of that goal. Anyone who fancied it was side-stepping poor defending and getting off shots on target. We enthused about Parker's timing and finding space for that super goal at Norwich....Hull seemed to be doing that every couple of minutes. 

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on December 28, 2013, 05:37:39 PM
He is not to blame for the result itself, but he is obviously the second keeper for a reason. At least 2 pf the six goals we gave away were his direct responsibility.

He is our number 2 and I fear he will never reach that required level to be our number 1.  Head has to rule over heart (as I would love to see him become a great).  Head says as soon as Stek is fit, he goes back in goal.

Snibbo

"The sixth came when Stockdale, who impressed despite conceding half a dozen goals, produced a scrambled save to deny Danny Graham only for Koren to poke the rebound into an empty net."

the BBC view, for what it's worth.

K33NY

before critising Stockdale, the players in front of him should apologise to him for theire shitty performance today, that freekick was impossible for him to get, and yeah he did concede on PAPER 6 goals, but the goals was entirely at the players infront's fault imo