watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop blaming the managers take a look at the root cause

Started by DevonFFC, December 28, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

These players need to take a serious look at themselves and I think some should pack there own bags and leave as they are an utter disgrace to our club. We have been bummed in this game and it's an utter embarrassment!

ToodlesMcToot

The thing that's most shambolic about this team is the make up of the roster, especially depth of quality in midfield. Jol and Ali Mac presided over the deconstruction of it. Jol's paid the price and apparently Ali Mac has survived to preside over yet another transfer window.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Logicalman

This has proven to us that we have no depth in the squad, midfield in particular.

Blame who you want, but the majority of our midfield goes back too far. The issue that Rene needed to rest Scotty has shown up that the old Greek needs to go, and we need another scotty in the midfield. Ruiz needs to pack his bags by Wednesday and get out before the rest of the world realize what a complete waste he is at the Cottage and his value drops even further.

At the back, Hughes made a silly mistake trying to play an offside that led to a goal, and was too slow in righting his mistake. It's no good wishing that was Helga playing in his place, he's even worse, and even since Jol, we have played no worse with him out injured, which indicates he may not be the problem, but he is not the solution either, far from it.

Today's game shows that starting Kas and Kac together is a winning formula as they provide that extra depth and speed we need to transition from midfield to attack, and we have not missed Barbie at all from what I have seen.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ollienixs on December 28, 2013, 04:45:07 PM
These players need to take a serious look at themselves and I think some should pack there own bags and leave as they are an utter disgrace to our club. We have been bummed in this game and it's an utter embarrassment!

Manager was at fault today as were the players.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 04:58:23 PM

This has proven to us that we have no depth in the squad, midfield in particular.

Blame who you want, but the majority of our midfield goes back too far. The issue that Rene needed to rest Scotty has shown up that the old Greek needs to go, and we need another scotty in the midfield. Ruiz needs to pack his bags by Wednesday and get out before the rest of the world realize what a complete waste he is at the Cottage and his value drops even further.

At the back, Hughes made a silly mistake trying to play an offside that led to a goal, and was too slow in righting his mistake. It's no good wishing that was Helga playing in his place, he's even worse, and even since Jol, we have played no worse with him out injured, which indicates he may not be the problem, but he is not the solution either, far from it.

Today's game shows that starting Kas and Kac together is a winning formula as they provide that extra depth and speed we need to transition from midfield to attack, and we have not missed Barbie at all from what I have seen.

Not sure why you're singling out Karagounis. He's been one of our better players this season, Sidwell hardly shone did he.

Twig

Quote from: The Moose on December 28, 2013, 05:03:45 PM

Not sure why you're singling out Karagounis. He's been one of our better players this season, Sidwell hardly shone did he.

But Sidders does get goals for us no?

jarv

Players just not good enough for this league (or team)

Our reserve right back, Ambioretta, Rodders, Bent, RUIZ and I guess some of you will add to this list. However, if the team makes wholesale changes like QPR did, well look what happened to them.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I wonder why the team was set up to play so much differently today (irrespective of the lineup changes) than past Rene games. I hope that we don't have a tactical muddle with Curbishley now trying to way in. Too many chefs?

Logicalman

I quite agree, though I would counter that over the games this season, I have found Sidwell more consistent than Karagounis and it has become all too evident that the latter cannot last for the whole 90 minutes, though that might be as much to do with his enormous effort he puts in during the early game as to his age. I have tremendous respect for the guy as a player, as I have for many past and current Fulham players, but I believe that his past due date is here.

Two particular issues today brought him to my attention, the majority of his passes were either square or backwards, and one of those occurred shortly after the start of the second 45 when we had a throw around 70 yards up, the ball was played to him and he should have laid it off square to Sidwell on the inside, instead he ran 20 yards back to the center circle and then kicked it all the way back to Stockers. That is unacceptable, and epitomized the issues that most people has with Jol, pure negativity.

All in all, unless we are willing to drop the aged members of the squad and replace them as a matter of priority, then we will be relegated for certain, if not this season, then next for sure.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

I quite agree, though I would counter that over the games this season, I have found Sidwell more consistent than Karagounis and it has become all too evident that the latter cannot last for the whole 90 minutes, though that might be as much to do with his enormous effort he puts in during the early game as to his age. I have tremendous respect for the guy as a player, as I have for many past and current Fulham players, but I believe that his past due date is here.

Two particular issues today brought him to my attention, the majority of his passes were either square or backwards, and one of those occurred shortly after the start of the second 45 when we had a throw around 70 yards up, the ball was played to him and he should have laid it off square to Sidwell on the inside, instead he ran 20 yards back to the center circle and then kicked it all the way back to Stockers. That is unacceptable, and epitomized the issues that most people has with Jol, pure negativity.

All in all, unless we are willing to drop the aged members of the squad and replace them as a matter of priority, then we will be relegated for certain, if not this season, then next for sure.

I agree he shouldn't be a starter but getting rid all together as someone earlier suggested would be very silly. He's played well most games and shows great leadership, furthermore he can help some of the younger players develop. Keep him to the end of the season.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Moose on December 28, 2013, 05:22:31 PM
I agree he shouldn't be a starter but getting rid all together as someone earlier suggested would be very silly. He's played well most games and shows great leadership, furthermore he can help some of the younger players develop. Keep him to the end of the season.

Cannot disagree with that at all. He has good value to us to bring on young midfielders, as he has always been a midfield General, it's just his age/fitness that is against him now, though his mind is still sharp enough - that reminds me so much of the Smurph.

PokerMatt

It was infuriating that this was a Jol lineup today. As in, Ruiz on the flank (or at all), a striker who gets isolated (not that Hugo is any good) and a midfield that was just too deep and anonymous.

He made a huge gaffe with the selection, but if a fresh first team can smash West Ham on Wednesday then I will forgive him.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 28, 2013, 05:26:49 PM
It was infuriating that this was a Jol lineup today. As in, Ruiz on the flank (or at all), a striker who gets isolated (not that Hugo is any good) and a midfield that was just too deep and anonymous.

He made a huge gaffe with the selection, but if a fresh first team can smash West Ham on Wednesday then I will forgive him.

Think that's right. We've never looked good playing deep since Roy left.

Max Headroom

Riise is a liability at left back..... I have seen him several times give the winger so much space that he can basically run into the penalty box before he is even challenged. again and again and again.

Richardson does the same thing.

Ruiz needs to go, and we need a better back 4. They are 30+ and in the last 20 minutes leak goals.

MasterHaynes

I am puzzled, why we did not play the formation we have had recent success with with 3 in midfield, If Parker was rested then Boateng was the natural replacement, not Ruiz an attacking midfielder?

DevonFFC

The whole team needs a massive shake up and shift out a lot of deadwood. On paper in their prime a lot of these players were class but we have such an old squad and the problems with scrapping it out at the foot of the table is every game requires you to work your ass off and this bunch of oaps can't do it.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ollienixs on December 28, 2013, 06:13:06 PM
The whole team needs a massive shake up and shift out a lot of deadwood. On paper in their prime a lot of these players were class but we have such an old squad and the problems with scrapping it out at the foot of the table is every game requires you to work your ass off and this bunch of oaps can't do it.

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 28, 2013, 06:07:23 PM
I am puzzled, why we did not play the formation we have had recent success with with 3 in midfield, If Parker was rested then Boateng was the natural replacement, not Ruiz an attacking midfielder?

Actually Karagounis was the replacement not Ruiz, Ruiz replaced Kacaniklic. I think the premise of playing Ruiz with Rodallega up front made sense, Hull lack pace at the back, but Rodallega failed to make any decent runs thus failing to provide Ruiz with an outlet. Ultimately the one thing he's been good at is creating chances and without that movement he's useless.