watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene's Reaction

Started by alexbishop, December 28, 2013, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

"I'm shocked. I don't know if there was something in the tea. I did not see that coming and the players did not see that coming.

"Today was just not good enough. We didn't play particularly well in the first half but were still in the game. The spell from 60 minutes onwards they score three quick goals and it was game over. We couldn't come back from it.

"In hindsight the Christmas period is a busy period and we have to make a few forced injuries but that is why you have a squad. It's my responsibly to make those changes so I take full responsibility."

To be fair, saying the right things.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Bassey the warrior

Particularly liked the last part. Can you imagine Jol taking responsibility? He showed his lack of experience today and hopefully he will learn from it. He seems a bright guy who is very good technically so I'd expect him not to make the same mistake again. West Ham there for the taking, we need to thrash them.

grandad

It´s a cunning plan to get Khan to spend serious dosh . 2 CB´s 2 mids & 2 goal scorers for starters.  All under 26 years old.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Count Berbatov

well, he should take full responsibilities. the team selection. the subs, the tactics, the lack of motivation...it's all wrong. he did not do his homework.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Fulham1959

Were the "forced injuries" inflicted on the players after the match ?

064.gif

K33NY

He did a mistake tactically today, 6 replacements from last match is to much, at least he takes responsibility, and maybe he needed to rest some of the players, we cant know that but the medical team does, the player does, RM does. It was a hard result for us, but hopefully we will come back against West Ham!!

Whitby Fulham

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 28, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
well, he should take full responsibilities. the team selection. the subs, the tactics, the lack of motivation...it's all wrong. he did not do his homework.
:plus one:

Arthur

Yes, he's saying the right things, but as Count Berbatov points out, it's no more than he ought to be doing. More importantly, is he capable of doing the right things so that we bounce back with a far better performance (and a victory) versus West Ham?

Parker, Taraabt and Riether must return. Let's hope Senderos is fit, too.

YankeeJim

Quote from: grandad on December 28, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
It´s a cunning plan to get Khan to spend serious dosh . 2 CB´s 2 mids & 2 goal scorers for starters.  All under 26 years old.

079.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

General

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 28, 2013, 05:33:32 PM
Were the "forced injuries" inflicted on the players after the match ?

064.gif

Even picked that up from SAF if it is true...

Lighthouse

As he says it is all down to how we react in the next few games. First real set back for Rene and he now sees that unlike the big clubs he has been at Fulham DO NOT have a good squad. Which shows how well he has done up to now. 3 points from two away games is good but today was unacceptable.

As has been pointed out. We will see where the club stands after January. If they don't or can't bring in better players then the MD and Big Al leaving and sustainability as well as Jol is what take us down. Not Rene.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

When I saw the starting 11 I knew it was going to be a long afternoon. It's not his squad, and it was pretty telling the quality of a very second best starting 11 vs. Norwich was tree to see. I didn't see that coming, but we need 6 players in the transfer window. Zvrotic, Ruiz, Hughes, for 3 others who are up to it would probably be enough. But we were there for the taking.

Fernhurst

Quote from: grandad on December 28, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
It´s a cunning plan to get Khan to spend serious dosh . 2 CB´s 2 mids & 2 goal scorers for starters.  All under 26 years old.

Grandad,what good young ambitious players will want to join us after that result or in our current position????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Logicalman

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 28, 2013, 05:32:02 PM

.. and he did take full responsibility. What more do you want the guy you say or do? Perhaps a hand-written personalized note to each Fulham fan to say how sorry he is, wash feet?

supersimmo123

For me today was always a right off. West Ham is a far more important game. Forget today, let's get behind the boys for West Ham. Rene in my opinion did the right thing. Players like Parker need a rest, he is 33 and the best we have. He cannot play 3 games in 6/7 days. Most would struggle, had we not got anything from Carrow Road today's selection would have been different. Should we beat West Ham then we will have 6 points from 9. Which is above what I thought we would get from these 3. Everyone has bad days this was one and as others have posted Rene is proving a point, we have no depth to our squad. The main thing lads is don't let our heads drop we are playing a lot better than under Jol, it's one game. Hull are better than they are given credit we rested a few, let's dust ourselves off and get behind the boys at the cottage!

BestOfBrede

I seem to remember a few posts suggesting it would be goog to see the youth at the Tigers game! And yet a few changes, a massive defeat and Rene is now a doubt?