watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can handle getting beat

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 28, 2013, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

But what I can't handle is getting stuffed by an average Hull City side 6-0, completely embarrassing!

Not saying that we were/are much better than them, but 6-0 is a disgrace, and not just a bad day at the office.

People who are saying it proves that you can't rotate our squad, are talking absolute rubbish. I'd rather Rene' have thrown out our under 21's today and lost 4-0, whilst us fans got to watch a bit more grit and determination.

Yes, this proves that some of our players are not up to the fight, and I now fully believe that the Ruiz's and Duff's of Fulham have played their last ever game in a Fulham shirt, but at what expense?

My first question has to be, what the hell was Rene' thinking today? Even us fans could see from that line up that a potential spanking was on the cards, so why take the risk in such an important game?

My biggest fear is that he may be a good coach at the top level, but today has convinced me that he has no experience of managing a team in our position. They were typical tinkers that you'd get away with at United, but not at Fulham who sit in the bottom 3.

I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip. If he can manage to pick his the team up after that embarrassing defeat then fair enough, but I think it's damaged limitations going into both West Ham and Sunderland.

Oh well, not only did we get spanked 6-0, we handed Hull their first win in 5, Huddleston a goal plus a haircut in 56, and we've all get to go out the house again feeling like a complete laughing stock.

If I was allowed to swear, I'd be saying Go away Fulham in a much more aggressive gesture. 

Arthur

Have Rene as coach and Curbishley as manager, perhaps.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:42:34 PM

I'd rather have Pulis in charge than Curbishley. At least Pulis can take his team to Man City and come away with a respectable 1-0 loss.

Arthur

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 05:45:24 PM

I'd rather have Pulis in charge than Curbishley. At least Pulis can take his team to Man City and come away with a respectable 1-0 loss.

Seeing as Pulis has only recently taken charge at Palace, there's zero chance that this will happen this season. What is your point?

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:49:00 PM

Seeing as Pulis has only recently taken charge at Palace, there's zero chance that this will happen this season. What is your point?

My point being, that I'd rather Pulis in change of Fulham than Curbisley. I don't want Curbishley anywhere near that first team.

Arthur

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip.

You didn't hold judgment for very long. (About the time it took to type ten words!)

Logicalman

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:57:32 PM
I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip.

You didn't hold judgment for very long. (About the time it took to type ten words!)

Agreed, seems the negative-master has shown his hand at last, he does not like Rene, and that would explain the majority of his posts since the managerial change, which, just by chance, is about the time he started posting.

Victor, do you speak Dutch by any chance, have a brother who follows you from job to job, and recently left employment in West London?

Victor Meldrew

You're possibly right, but I'll think you'll find that most Fulham fan will struggle to hold any sort of judgment after that shambles, even if for 10 words! Like yourself, I know you feel really angry inside about today, but rather than admit it, you've completely come away from the Pulis debate and pulled me about my typing. Not very grown up really is it?

Bassey the warrior

QuoteBut what I can't handle is getting stuffed by an average Hull City side 6-0, completely embarrassing!

Not saying that we were/are much better than them, but 6-0 is a disgrace, and not just a bad day at the office.

People who are saying it proves that you can't rotate our squad, are talking absolute rubbish. I'd rather Rene' have thrown out our under 21's today and lost 4-0, whilst us fans got to watch a bit more grit and determination.

Yes, this proves that some of our players are not up to the fight, and I now fully believe that the Ruiz's and Duff's of Fulham have played their last ever game in a Fulham shirt, but at what expense?

My first question has to be, what the hell was Rene' thinking today? Even us fans could see from that line up that a potential spanking was on the cards, so why take the risk in such an important game?

My biggest fear is that he may be a good coach at the top level, but today has convinced me that he has no experience of managing a team in our position. They were typical tinkers that you'd get away with at United, but not at Fulham who sit in the bottom 3.

I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip. If he can manage to pick his the team up after that embarrassing defeat then fair enough, but I think it's damaged limitations going into both West Ham and Sunderland.

Oh well, not only did we get spanked 6-0, we handed Hull their first win in 5, Huddleston a goal plus a haircut in 56, and we've all get to go out the house again feeling like a complete laughing stock.

If I was allowed to swear, I'd be saying Go away Fulham in a much more aggressive gesture.

I hope you see the irony of that comment.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 05:51:31 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:49:00 PM

My point being, that I'd rather Pulis in change of Fulham than Curbisley. I don't want Curbishley anywhere near that first team.

Why not? He kept two poor teams up. So long as he doesn't interfere with team selection or tactics (and I hope he didn't do that today) I'm fine having him with the club. Rene was honest enough to admit he lacks experience and could do with all the help he gets.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

Agreed, seems the negative-master has shown his hand at last, he does not like Rene, and that would explain the majority of his posts since the managerial change, which, just by chance, is about the time he started posting.

Victor, do you speak Dutch by any chance, have a brother who follows you from job to job, and recently left employment in West London?

Never said I didn't like him, just said I think he and the teams performances are a flash in the pan, new manager syndrome. Today proved, regardless of how many excuses you give, that he didn't have an absolute clue on how to set that team up, and it showed. We got dicked 6-0 by a very average Hull team that today, that not even our under 21's would have lost by. All he could say to that was "Was there something in our tea"? I'm sorry, but that's borderline Jol comments..  

Arthur

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:08:47 PM
You're possibly right, but I'll think you'll find that most Fulham fan will struggle to hold any sort of judgment after that shambles, even if for 10 words! Like yourself, I know you feel really angry inside about today, but rather than admit it, you've completely come away from the Pulis debate and pulled me about my typing. Not very grown up really is it?

I've responded to something you've written; it's not a 'typo' at all. The 'not very grown up' remark is ridiculous.

As for the Pulis debate, what more is there to say? (It actually had nothing directly to do with Pulis.) I know now that your point is that you don't want Curbishley anywhere near the first team. Fair enough. End of debate.

YoungsBitter

Maybe today was influenced by Curbishley, at best it was a team selected to rest some key people and show him what the back ups look like. He now has a clear idea of the useless Ruiz, how Kaca cannot defend and how Kara and Sidwell can't run midfield.
I have some sympathy for RM, we held out to constant long balls in first half and thot he was probably feeling ok for 2nd half until the wheels fell off.
I hope Curbishley's influence was only that benign or we are in for a long miserable 5 months....

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

Craven Mad

Victor, I think your tea might be slightly off too.. Hull nearly beat Utd 2 days ago. Awful result, but stop being so melodramatic..

Put down the keyboard and take a long walk and have a good nights rest; you'll feel much better in the morning.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 28, 2013, 06:20:46 PM
Victor, I think your tea might be slightly off too.. Hull nearly beat Utd 2 days ago. Awful result, but stop being so melodramatic and go and have a Snickers - you're acting like a bit of a diva..

Put down the keyboard and take a long walk and have a good nights rest; you'll feel much better in the morning.

You boys make me laugh. We get dicked 6-0 by Hull, then you use the excuse that they nearly beat a very under par United team, who on a whole have been woeful all season, and their results so unpredictable. Forget the Snickers mate, you need to stop knocking off Joan Collins and come back to the real world.

Burt

I'm kind of with Victor on this.

I could take a thrashing by one of the big clubs.

I could understand it if we had thrown on half the youth team and got soundly beaten.

I can't understand how we got absolutely smashed by Hull. Hull?? Come on!!

Hopefully just a blip in our recent upturn. The next two matches just got that much more important.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:26:13 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 28, 2013, 06:20:46 PM
Victor, I think your tea might be slightly off too.. Hull nearly beat Utd 2 days ago. Awful result, but stop being so melodramatic and go and have a Snickers - you're acting like a bit of a diva..

You boys make me laugh. We get dicked 6-0 by Hull, then you use the excuse that they nearly beat a very under par United team, who on a whole have been woeful all season, and their results so unpredictable. Forget the Snickers mate, you need to stop knocking off Joan Collins and come back to the real world.

Just trying to give you a little friendly advice. No hard feelings.

Continue your rant, and I'll leave you be.

Burt

Guys, and gals, rant away, but don't make things personal with other posters!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Burt on December 28, 2013, 06:27:14 PM
I'm kind of with Victor on this.

I could take a thrashing by one of the big clubs.

I could understand it if we had thrown on half the youth team and got soundly beaten.

I can't understand how we got absolutely smashed by Hull. Hull?? Come on!!

Hopefully just a blip in our recent upturn. The next two matches just got that much more important.

I'm fuming about the result today. However what I don't like is that Victor is so quick to forget that we've been playing well under this new manager and how poor we were before. He's called for his head after one awful performance. This kind of reactionary response pi**es me off frankly.

Arthur

Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 28, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
Maybe today was influenced by Curbishley

Meulensteen did say that he would be making full use of the squad over this busier period, so probably not.