watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That result sums 2013 Fulham up for me

Started by Bedford White, December 28, 2013, 06:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedford White

What a total shower we've become, we used to dole out thrashing a like this to Norwich and QPR. I could have taken this bitter pill a little easier had our opponents been Man City or even Arsenal, but to lose 6-0 to Hull, it beggars belief.

That result sums 2013 Fulham up for me, no identity, no commitment, no pride, no passion, no skill, no drive, no desire, just the same old Jol styled mediocre dross. I really don't want to see the majority of today's team in the white shirt again,

I do believe that Rene can get us out of the relegation places, today he made a choice to rest some critical players and it didn't work out. He can't repeat this mistake. however if Rene is to succeed he'll need Khan's financial support to do it. The team we're stuck with now isn't good enough and it needs a partial overhaul in January and a total overhaul going into the 2014/15 season regardless of the league we find ourselves playing in.

Fulham76

Agree, and you managed to sum up the last 12 months without swearing... Very impressive.

Berserker

Rene did say a couple of weeks ago that without investment in Jan we will get relegated.  Maybe he was reiterating that today
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bedford White

Quote from: Berserker on December 28, 2013, 06:26:42 PM
Rene did say a couple of weeks ago that without investment in Jan we will get relegated.  Maybe he was reiterating that today

Risky decision to clearly opt for a poor team to emphasise the need for transfer funds. I'm praying that this was his tactic rather than merely an inept team selection.

RaySmith

I'm sure that wasn't his reasoning, and he thought this team could get a result, and give out best players a rest.

Ruiz and Rodders have probably impressed in training -and he, mistakenly, thought they could do a job today. Though, Hugo got little service, but still shows the first touch of a rocking horse, while Ruiz continues to be bullied off the ball.

I'm sure Rene learned a lot from today's performance.

mullers

Berserker makes a good point. I think there were players in the squad who felt they deserved a chance and today made sense to do it now. I'm sure no-one bet on 6-0, and it probably is a one-off, but it could be a useful lever going into January.

I don't believe this is the time to slag off the squad. If they are unable to comeback from this in the next two or three games then the problems will be undeniable, but they deserve the chance to make West Ham pay.

Give 'em hell, boys!

Andy S

Probably not as he would have had his eyes closed with embarrassment

Deanothefulhamfan

Some of the players today will never wear a Fulham shirt again... I would love RM to bring in the kids, ahead of half of the team that played today.

Great original post

Artful Dodger

The fans should get their money back after that performance. Absolute disgrace. Proving a point, ineptitude, whatever, that was unacceptable to fans that travel to support the team.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Northern Cottager

Has anyone checked to see if any of our 'players' have come out to apologise on their Twitters?how did they react after the game?

Robbie

We need 6 points from the next 2, simple.

mangoputney

Quote from: Bedford White on December 28, 2013, 06:23:30 PM
What a total shower we've become, we used to dole out thrashing a like this to Norwich and QPR. I could have taken this bitter pill a little easier had our opponents been Man City or even Arsenal, but to lose 6-0 to Hull, it beggars belief.

That result sums 2013 Fulham up for me, no identity, no commitment, no pride, no passion, no skill, no drive, no desire, just the same old Jol styled mediocre dross. I really don't want to see the majority of today's team in the white shirt again,

I do believe that Rene can get us out of the relegation places, today he made a choice to rest some critical players and it didn't work out. He can't repeat this mistake. however if Rene is to succeed he'll need Khan's financial support to do it. The team we're stuck with now isn't good enough and it needs a partial overhaul in January and a total overhaul going into the 2014/15 season regardless of the league we find ourselves playing in.

Few stops south on the Thames link but thoroughly concur
Good riddance 2013
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation