watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fitness

Started by Bassey the warrior, December 28, 2013, 06:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Fitness under Jol was one of the biggest problems. Be it down to the age of the squad or lack of adequate fitness training we constantly looked woefully unfit. Since Rene took over we're largely looking much fitter however I do wonder whether it was a problem with fitness that forced so many changes today. To make so many changes on the back of a win is very uncommon.
I do however have faith in him to get us more fit and really hope we'll bring in some younger players next month.

Bedford White

Craven Mad

Either fitness, or Rene wanted to experiment, or he wanted to save Parker from risk of suspension, or we're shielding players for bigger games.. Who knows, the team certainly deteriorated after 45mins though.

Berserker

I just think our decent players are too old to play too many games so close together. The ones that played today couldn't handle Hull's quick succession of goals and totally fell apart
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Tempest

The problem with improving fitness means the players will have to work harder in training leaving them jaded for games. This is why pre-season is so important for players, you can basically beast them for a few weeks including when the early pre-season matches start but this time of year the only thing you can do is give them games. Either way, you're playing with tired players. Lack of training/fitness/conditioning work leading up to now is almost impossible to get back unless there is a 2-3 week break in which Rene can sort this out. But this isn't an issue with Jol, he may not have worked them hard enough but the players are also capable of arranging extra training if they need it. Have a feeling Lampard once employed a PT or took extra training as he felt one of his managers didn't work them hard enough.
Live in Falmouth!

MJG

The fitness/age of the squad is dreadful and you have the last two chairman, CEO and Jol to blame for that. When we hit a period of 4 games in 9 days its going to catch up with us and you need to rotate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk