watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad Rotation Policy?

Started by davew, December 28, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Read on a number of threads about the rotation policy, but I really do not understand why players like Taarabt and Reither should be rested, they have hardly played recently! We all have our views on who the best (or who are the least worst 11 players are), when I saw the team selection I think it was a foregone conclusion that we would lose. Been a supporter for nearly 60 years and seen many seasons when we have been in a relegation fight, I think it will be down to Mr Khan to save the day by opening his wallet. I don't think short term patches e.g. Dempsey on loan will make a great difference. The thing I find strange is that when we do spend a considerable amount on a player, which is not often, always seems like a waste of money!! Ruiz and Marlet spring to mind, sure you guys will add to the list.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Robbie

Totally agree, in my view this was why we were so poor under Jol. Too many changes. Today's team was very odd and with all those changes in defence and mid-field.

JackyFulham90

I can understand him resting Parker as he had 4 bookings & is 33, but there is no reason why Taarabt & Riether were rested & why we changed from 4-3-3
Maybe I'm wrong we will never know but if he had lined up with this I believe we could have got a result

Stockdale
Riether Hughes Amorebieta Riise
             Kasami Boateng Sidwell
Dejagah            Taarabt         Kacaniklic

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: davew on December 28, 2013, 08:04:40 PM
Read on a number of threads about the rotation policy, but I really do not understand why players like Taarabt and Reither should be rested, they have hardly played recently! We all have our views on who the best (or who are the least worst 11 players are), when I saw the team selection I think it was a foregone conclusion that we would lose. Been a supporter for nearly 60 years and seen many seasons when we have been in a relegation fight, I think it will be down to Mr Khan to save the day by opening his wallet. I don't think short term patches e.g. Dempsey on loan will make a great difference. The thing I find strange is that when we do spend a considerable amount on a player, which is not often, always seems like a waste of money!! Ruiz and Marlet spring to mind, sure you guys will add to the list.

I would say that on paper, Ruiz and Marlet were good players.  Marlet was in and around the French World Cup winning team and Ruiz looked a touch of class for FC Twente.  They did not work out for differing reasons and we have been unlucky with those two.  Ruiz should be sent back to FC Twente and swapped for their highest scoring striker or a good defender.

093.gif it's over for Ruiz at Fulham !

Boateng would have been a better bet today to protect our soft centre (the central defence and keeper) and I feel this is a must at the moment.  We play well in a match and leak four goals.  We play badly and leak six goals against Hull.

Rene's learning.  It may have looked to some like today's team was canon fodder for Hull, but they were good enough not to lose like that.  They owe us and will deliver on New Years' Day.

Artful Dodger

Good first post davew. Completely agree that there was no need to rest Taarabt or Reither as he has just come back from a 3 game ban and Zverotic is not a premier league player unfortunatley. Parker I can understand as West Ham is even more important a game but all it proved is that we don't have any strength in depth (or even strength as we seemed outmuscled all over the park).
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 28, 2013, 08:43:04 PM
I can understand him resting Parker as he had 4 bookings & is 33, but there is no reason why Taarabt & Riether were rested & why we changed from 4-3-3
Maybe I'm wrong we will never know but if he had lined up with this I believe we could have got a result

Stockdale
Riether Hughes Amorebieta Riise
            Kasami Boateng Sidwell
Dejagah            Taarabt         Kacaniklic

Yep ! Boateng should have been tried in this team today.  Got to be careful Kasami does not make us a little inflexible... he only has one position in my eyes.

MJG

Don't think its a policy justvthe way the fixtures have fallen and the two players mentioned are not the fittest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk