Main Menu

I can handle getting beat

Started by Victor Meldrew, December 28, 2013, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: The Moose on December 28, 2013, 06:34:19 PM
Quote from: Burt on December 28, 2013, 06:27:14 PM
I'm kind of with Victor on this.

I could take a thrashing by one of the big clubs.

I could understand it if we had thrown on half the youth team and got soundly beaten.

I can't understand how we got absolutely smashed by Hull. Hull?? Come on!!

Hopefully just a blip in our recent upturn. The next two matches just got that much more important.

I'm fuming about the result today. However what I don't like is that Victor is so quick to forget that we've been playing well under this new manager and how poor we were before. He's called for his head after one awful performance. This kind of reactionary response pi**es me off frankly.

Stop overreacting, I've never physically called for his head and you know it. All I've said is that I think the teams performances are a flash in the pan, and subject to new manager syndrome. Hope I'm proved wrong but West Ham and Sunderland will prove that. My dear boy, when you've lived and breathed football as much as I've done over the years, there is no way of making a 6-0 defeat look positive, nor pretty.   

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with Victor on nearly everything that has been said in this thread.....Something I never thought I would agree to, but he speaks sense.

Darkest day as a Fulham supporter. I really feel as if this was 1 blow too many for our team. We still have city away, If an average Hull side can score 6 just think hat they will do to our defence.

Burt

I could understand it if we had thrown on half the youth team and got soundly beaten.

Hopefully just a blip in our recent upturn. The next two matches just got that much more important.

I'm fuming about the result today. However what I don't like is that Victor is so quick to forget that we've been playing well under this new manager and how poor we were before. He's called for his head after one awful performance. This kind of reactionary response pi**es me off frankly.

No way anyone should be calling for RM's head at this stage. This has been the first really poor performance under his tenure, and he needs time to sort out the mess from the previous regime.

Logicalman

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 06:01:03 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:57:32 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip.

You didn't hold judgment for very long. (About the time it took to type ten words!)

Agreed, seems the negative-master has shown his hand at last, he does not like Rene, and that would explain the majority of his posts since the managerial change, which, just by chance, is about the time he started posting.

Victor, do you speak Dutch by any chance, have a brother who follows you from job to job, and recently left employment in West London?

Never said I didn't like him, just said I think he and the teams performances are a flash in the pan, new manager syndrome. Today proved, regardless of how many excuses you give, that he didn't have an absolute clue on how to set that team up, and it showed. We got dicked 6-0 by a very average Hull team that today, that not even our under 21's would have lost by. All he could say to that was "Was there something in our tea"? I'm sorry, but that's borderline Jol comments..  

Don't be pedantic as well as negative, you're making your own arguments look weak by doing so.
As you well know, I wasn't referring to your personal like or dislike of him, but your liking him as our head coach. You comments referring to all being downhill from here provides ample evidence of your dislike for him as head coach, and I reiterate, its pretty convenient you joining the MB just after he takes over the reigns, pity you didn't post for the previous 4 months I guess, then it might have been clearer sooner.

You have nothing good to say about the team, or the players, and don't give me that crap about being a realist, you are nothing of the sort, at best a wind-up merchant at worst you have a delusional hatred of Rene, which you wrap up in clever comments denouncing all others that disagree with you. As I said in a previous thread, I don't hate you, I just hate for what you stand for when you post such comments.

Arthur

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:44:29 PM
Stop overreacting, I've never physically called for his head and you know it. All I've said is that I think the teams performances are a flash in the pan, and subject to new manager syndrome.  

If you really believe our recent improvement will not be sustained under Rene and that 'things from now will start to take a serious dip' (taken from your original post), it makes no sense not to call for Meulensteen to be replaced, surely.

You seem to lack a consistent line of thinking.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 07:47:32 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 06:01:03 PM
Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 05:57:32 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
I will hold judgement for now, but Rene' got that completely wrong today, no one else. I'm still convinced that he's just a flash in the pan, part of the old new manager syndrome, and things from now will start to take a serious dip.

You didn't hold judgment for very long. (About the time it took to type ten words!)

Agreed, seems the negative-master has shown his hand at last, he does not like Rene, and that would explain the majority of his posts since the managerial change, which, just by chance, is about the time he started posting.

Victor, do you speak Dutch by any chance, have a brother who follows you from job to job, and recently left employment in West London?

Never said I didn't like him, just said I think he and the teams performances are a flash in the pan, new manager syndrome. Today proved, regardless of how many excuses you give, that he didn't have an absolute clue on how to set that team up, and it showed. We got dicked 6-0 by a very average Hull team that today, that not even our under 21's would have lost by. All he could say to that was "Was there something in our tea"? I'm sorry, but that's borderline Jol comments..  

Don't be pedantic as well as negative, you're making your own arguments look weak by doing so.
As you well know, I wasn't referring to your personal like or dislike of him, but your liking him as our head coach. You comments referring to all being downhill from here provides ample evidence of your dislike for him as head coach, and I reiterate, its pretty convenient you joining the MB just after he takes over the reigns, pity you didn't post for the previous 4 months I guess, then it might have been clearer sooner.

You have nothing good to say about the team, or the players, and don't give me that crap about being a realist, you are nothing of the sort, at best a wind-up merchant at worst you have a delusional hatred of Rene, which you wrap up in clever comments denouncing all others that disagree with you. As I said in a previous thread, I don't hate you, I just hate for what you stand for when you post such comments.

Moderating is one thing, but to slate me in front of other posters about who I am, or what I do, is compleltey another matter don't you think? No offense, but I think you've got me completely wrong and have abused your position here. I will be making a full complaint to the owner.  

Logicalman

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 07:54:18 PM
Moderating is one thing, but to slate me in front of other posters about who I am, or what I do, is compleltey another matter don't you think? No offense, but I think you've got me completely wrong and have abused your position here. I will be making a full complaint to the owner.  

I am stating a personal opinion of you, nothing more or less than others have said of you. How many of those have you made complaints about? Don't use my position on the MB as a weapon because you finally get some grief back that you have handed out.

David Allen Crankshaw

When our new manager took the reins he said quite clearly that he would prepare the team with the aim of winning each game. Sat in the stands watching the teams line up for the start I couldn't see how we could possibly get anything from the game with the side selected. If it hadn't been for David Stockdale Hull would have had double figures. If Martin Jol had picked a similar team with the same result this message board would have been in meltdown. I only hope that goal difference doesn't feature at the end of the season because we will be sunk.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 07:51:08 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 06:44:29 PM
Stop overreacting, I've never physically called for his head and you know it. All I've said is that I think the teams performances are a flash in the pan, and subject to new manager syndrome.  

If you really believe our recent improvement will not be sustained under Rene and that 'things from now will start to take a serious dip' (taken from your original post), it makes no sense not to call for Meulensteen to be replaced, surely.

You seem to lack a consistent line of thinking.

Come on, only an idiot would call for a mangers head 4-5 games in and like many others on this forum, you know damn well I haven't called for his head, once. I don't dislike Rene', I haven't called for him to be removed, or even sacked. I just honestly believe that our recent form is down to new manager syndrome, nothing more. Like I said, the West Ham and Sunderland games will prove this, but as a fan, I do hope that I'm proved wrong and he's here to save the day.

Do me one favor please, stop using all those bold letters, inverted comas and italics. It's not clever.    

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Logicalman on December 28, 2013, 07:57:39 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

I am stating a personal opinion of you, nothing more or less than others have said of you. How many of those have you made complaints about? Don't use my position on the MB as a weapon because you finally get some grief back that you have handed out.

From my point of view, and from my opinion, you were leaning on me with your power, only slightly, but still leaning, with an advantage. You then went on to call me everything under the Sun, but then followed it up with an 'I don't hate you' comment. Could of fooled me. Still, if I didn't know any better, I believe I'm being geared up for a ban here, not caused by myself, but others those around me.

SP

Parking the issues around the Fulham 'B' team fielded today, what of Hull?  A home record of W5, D3 & L2 is decent.  The fashion in which they dispatched the inform Liverpool team was an indication of what to expect. 

Arthur

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 08:04:34 PM
Come on, only an idiot would call for a mangers head 4-5 games in and like many others on this forum, you know damn well I haven't called for his head, once. I don't dislike Rene', I haven't called for him to be removed, or even sacked. I just honestly believe that our recent form is down to new manager syndrome, nothing more. Like I said, the West Ham and Sunderland games will prove this, but as a fan, I do hope that I'm proved wrong and he's here to save the day.

Do me one favor please, stop using all those bold letters, inverted comas and italics. It's not clever.   

Yes, I know you haven't called for Rene's head; that was the point of my previous post.

From our current standing, however, to fail to sustain (and even build upon) our recent form can surely mean only one outcome: relegation.

Though RM has taken on the role of a manager, as I understand it, the Club have yet to officially appoint him to this post. In this situation, it is a viable option for the Club to bring in someone to assume the requisite managerial duties, while retaining Meulensteen in his coaching capacity.

Knowing that a 'serious dip' is imminent, the sensible course of action, surely, is to 'take another roll of the dice' and bring in a manager. Nothing idiotic about that. Yet, despite not having been convinced by Meulensteen's ability to improve results sufficiently, you steadfastly refuse to support this logical step.

P.S. Using italics is an accepted means of quoting someone within one's own post and the use of bold type is a recognised way of indicating that the word should be read with emphasis. In considering your request, I have decided that I shall continue to employ these features where I think they are appropriate.

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Arthur on December 28, 2013, 08:56:43 PM
Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 28, 2013, 08:04:34 PM

Yes, I know you haven't called for Rene's head; that was the point of my previous post.

From our current standing, however, to fail to sustain (and even build upon) our recent form can surely mean only one outcome: relegation.

Though RM has taken on the role of a manager, as I understand it, the Club have yet to officially appoint him to this post. In this situation, it is a viable option for the Club to bring in someone to assume the requisite managerial duties, while retaining Meulensteen in his coaching capacity.

Knowing that a 'serious dip' is imminent, the sensible course of action, surely, is to 'take another roll of the dice' and bring in a manager. Nothing idiotic about that. Yet, despite not having been convinced by Meulensteen's ability to improve results sufficiently, you steadfastly refuse to support this logical step.

P.S. Using italics is an accepted means of quoting someone within one's own post and the use of bold type is a recognised way of indicating that the word should be read with emphasis. In considering your request, I have decided that I shall continue to employ these features where I think they are appropriate.

Thanks, reading your first quote of; "Yes, I know you haven't called for Rene's head; that was the point of my previous post" was enough, thanks.. I skipped the rest.

Arthur

That doesn't surprise me; if you didn't know it at the outset, you realise now that the coherence of your argument is, in respect of this point, unravelling.

mangoputney

Points make prizes, not playing well
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Neil D

Four points from the next two league fixtures will represent a decent and eminently realisable return plus the three from Norwich.  That's not relegation form.  Maybe we should forget about the Cup - a bridge too far for a team in our straits?

St Eve

And maybe we should stop attacking each other. It is a very tough day being a Fulham fan and believe me I have seen a lot of bad Fulham days. I had hoped that we could get 8 points out of 12. 2 away draws and 2 home wins. So let's get the 2 home wins, get 9 points out of 12 and forget about today

Neil D

Quote from: St Eve on December 28, 2013, 09:53:14 PM
And maybe we should stop attacking each other. It is a very tough day being a Fulham fan and believe me I have seen a lot of bad Fulham days. I had hoped that we could get 8 points out of 12. 2 away draws and 2 home wins. So let's get the 2 home wins, get 9 points out of 12 and forget about today
Spot on.

nose

what is wrong with some of you?
3 points from two games is better than two draws.
a trip to norwich and two days later in hull, the fixture list is a joke... hull? two games at home. we all know we need a couple of additions to the squad, and some of the squad players really didn't hack it today, but rene clearly knows what he is doing and if he offers chances to the also rans and they can't hack it well that is their propblem. two examples. Ruiz. barely broke into a trot and rebne's style demands high tempo across the midfield. and poor old rodders, what a waste of space. if the midfiled is in trouble and being overrun, it is better to come back and help than to remain isolated, in that way we can stop the rot and launch counter attaxks from players running from deep, as it was rodders didn't have a clue.
zverotic, not impressed, kasami, very inexperienced and it showed, sidwell and karagounis without parker look poor (especially sidwell)

But to slag of the manager after so many good performances and clearly turning the team round, you must be crazy. again remeber what it means to play in norwicha nd 48 hours after in hull abnd they stayed at home.... even when we play west ham they have an advantage that they played two in london and now the the third without needing to leave home, quite and advantage.

but we will turn it on against the hammers, unless the ref allows them to maintain their unpleasnat alrdyce bully boy tactics!

west kowloon white

Ignoring him doesn't seem to be working.