watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We should play the U-21s in the FA Cup

Started by Riverside, December 29, 2013, 08:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Clear from yesterday that we don't have depth in the squad .

So for all league games from now to the end of the season we have to play our best fit 11 .

Therefore if players need to be rested it should be for the FA cup.

And as the second line are not upto it why not give the youth a chance in the FA cup .

I think we all would prefer not to have a cup run and survive in the Premier League

sunburywhite

Don't even worry about the cup game

Concentrate everything on Wednesdays game against West Ham
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Baider

You know that is just not going to happen..

David Allen Crankshaw

I think that all the people that have bought tickets for the Norwich cup game would not want to go there and see the U21 team get absolutely thumped.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think you would be pleasantly surprised David

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Cravenawin

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on December 29, 2013, 10:41:10 AM
I think that all the people that have bought tickets for the Norwich cup game would not want to go there and see the U21 team get absolutely thumped.

Norwich will also make wholesale changes as they're also in the relegation mix big time

MJG

Rene 'I know what I will do after getting slaughted for making changes away to Hull, I'll pick a load of U21's with zero apperances between them and play them away to Norwich in the cup'

Burt

The cup is not our priority and we need to make sure we don't pick up any further injuries and rest some of our more (ahem) senior players for the relegation scrap.

I would like to see some of the U21s involved in this.

itombomb

We can't afford to play a full team after such a busy period, and there is no point playing the second stringers who aren't good enough.

May as well flood the team with the kids.

JBH

Why not put the U18's out v Norwich there top of the league or prehaps the U 15's  :doh:

theotherdembele

Dont think we need to rest too many players for the cup depending on how wednesday's game goes.

Theirs a one week gap between norwich and sunderland which is more then enough time to recuperate and the majority of our players have only played 90 mins in the last week.

valdeingruo

A few U-21's mixed into the first team would be great, it would give a good opportunity to the lads, however the whole team? I doubt Rene would do so. I can see David, if the young Dembele is fit maybe two more or so.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

terryr